Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL Shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I was exactly the one with wrong understanding. Thanks to fusion, its more clear now at all. Reading "we are sorry gift" is much less misleading name for that

By the way, I'd not mention the blessing issue so much as the reason for gettiny this apology. I am pretty sure this happened to many people, including me for example. I contacted service and got respond, that they do regret, but its not in their powers to restore that blessings anyhow at that time. I somehow feel it's pretty enough for such a small cause, I dont feel any claim for obtaining some gifts. I'm sure that those people were having some more serious issues than just this. Repeating this matter as a good reason may only encourage more people to bombard custommer service with requests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    what do you mean by inconvenienced?
    Maybe like not having a cap for over a year...

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Please leave this thread. This is one of the more productive threads I've seen and you are just here trying to create drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrimadoggy View Post
    Maybe like not having a cap for over a year...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reunegade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggron View Post
    Please leave this thread. This is one of the more productive threads I've seen and you are just here trying to create drama.
    So now talking about a new cap is "drama"...

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrimadoggy View Post
    So now talking about a new cap is "drama"...
    Nope, complaining about a new cap will start a drama-fest. I will stop posting about this topic as we are further derailing the initial thread.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Reunegade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Nope, complaining about a new cap will start a drama-fest. I will stop posting about this topic as we are further derailing the initial thread.
    I was giving an example tyvm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I was giving an example tyvm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Now I feel like I would be exploiting the reason if I sent a request that I doubt will be solved :/

I just want the name Terrain

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    I think some people are misunderstanding what Samhayne said. This PL shield is a "we're sorry" present for people who have some kind of bad issue that support has to resolve. He didn't elaborate on what kinds of problems it is given out for. However, it's not a reward. It's not like angelic set (which was given to players who had spent a certain amount of money on plat) or the community helper shield for GOA or anything like that. So there is no way to "earn" this thing. I suppose you could try to create whatever kind of problem with your account that they give it out for, which some people are probably actually crazy enough to try to do.

I think there are two big mistakes that STS is making here.

First, they're "regifting" an item that used to be exclusively for winners of certain competitions. So now it's not possible to tell if a player won it or got it as an "oops prize". It would have been better not to re-use an exclusive prize and create the kind of confusion that prompted this thread to be posted.

Second, it's a dubious strategy at best to give out exclusive items to those who had something go wrong. As this thread proves, the community goes crazy trying to figure out how to get the special item, because anything exclusive automatically makes at least some people crazy to get their hands on it. Support will now be bombarded with fake reports and beggars outright asking for the special thing, clogging up an already-slow support system with more trash to wade through.

If it's necessary to provide some kind of benefit to people who suffer something bad in PL, then I would argue it should be something that's not a "special thing" that players would go waving around. If they really got the short end of the stick on something, then make it up to them by giving them some money or plat. This way they get something of obvious value, but it can't be waved around in town to make other players jealous or start rumors about how to get it.
    Thank you for this, as this was exactly what I was hinting at when I said at possible exploitations.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    I think some people are misunderstanding what Samhayne said. This PL shield is a "we're sorry" present for people who have some kind of bad issue that support has to resolve. He didn't elaborate on what kinds of problems it is given out for. However, it's not a reward. It's not like angelic set (which was given to players who had spent a certain amount of money on plat) or the community helper shield for GOA or anything like that. So there is no way to "earn" this thing. I suppose you could try to create whatever kind of problem with your account that they give it out for, which some people are probably actually crazy enough to try to do.

I think there are two big mistakes that STS is making here.

First, they're "regifting" an item that used to be exclusively for winners of certain competitions. So now it's not possible to tell if a player won it or got it as an "oops prize". It would have been better not to re-use an exclusive prize and create the kind of confusion that prompted this thread to be posted.

Second, it's a dubious strategy at best to give out exclusive items to those who had something go wrong. As this thread proves, the community goes crazy trying to figure out how to get the special item, because anything exclusive automatically makes at least some people crazy to get their hands on it. Support will now be bombarded with fake reports and beggars outright asking for the special thing, clogging up an already-slow support system with more trash to wade through.

If it's necessary to provide some kind of benefit to people who suffer something bad in PL, then I would argue it should be something that's not a "special thing" that players would go waving around. If they really got the short end of the stick on something, then make it up to them by giving them some money or plat. This way they get something of obvious value, but it can't be waved around in town to make other players jealous or start rumors about how to get it.
    +9999

Spot on
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

To be honest, it's really an issue of perspective.
    What we all experience through the years of playing are paradigm shifts.
    I was originally a strong advocate of the anti-Retro DotD a few years ago.
    A lot of things change through the years, and it's apparent that the newer generations of community members are welcomed with more much ease than before.

There's still views on exclusivity, rarity and seasonality. But I believe that's an argument that's long since been put down. It's not simply a lost argument, but an irrational one now.
    What is the point of flaunting any rare item if the majority of PL players these days don't even know what it is, or have never seen it before?
    There is no longer the general populace of pre-Elixir Generation PL players anymore; in fact, I would even bet that the majority of our endgame players have not seen many days before the gifts of Daily Blessings. In short, there is really no necessity for anything to be rare these days, as there is no one to appreciate it. It's better to have an obtainable item, still uncommon in rarity, but highly appreciated.

Thus, I am fine with STS and their decisions on bringing back this PL Shield. But I'm sure that the vast majority of our older players who quit before L66 cap would be heavily opposed to these latest paradigm shifts.

I do however, see possible abuse of these PL Shields. If a newer member searched up the PL Shield on the forums, 100% of all sources and informational threads up until the past week will point them towards "a highly respectable endowment given to a helpful or insightful forum member, or won by a contest". Remember that out of all 'rare' items distributed in the past, the PL Shield surpasses even the Founder's Helm and Community Shields in exclusivity. And back then, everyone knew that whoever held a PL Shield was someone who could be trusted and respected, at least, until the shields were given out as contest prizes.

Nowadays, a player who received the PL Shield as a "compensation" from Support may easily abuse it- bragging ego rights, continuous false trust, and even temptation to illegally sell their item. Older members of the forum can recall many occasions in which Founder's Helms were transferred illegally, and even a special case in which one player notoriously bought a Droid Suit.

There are several solutions to this issue; simply announce your intention behind distributing these shields to clear up any misleading and prejudiced sense of trust or respect placed in these individuals by the general in-game community, or recolor the shields and even rename them as "Support Shield" instead of PL Shield- anything to distinguish it. In justification, as I've said earlier, these measures are not based off of a restrictive desire to retain the exclusivity of an item; rather, it is to preclude any possible misunderstandings from happening, as we all know that the PL community these days is more susceptible than ever to scams, misleads and misfortunes of all aspects.

-Whirl

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    To be honest, it's really an issue of perspective.
    What we all experience through the years of playing are paradigm shifts.
    I was originally a strong advocate of the anti-Retro DotD a few years ago.
    A lot of things change through the years, and it's apparent that the newer generations of community members are welcomed with more much ease than before.

There's still views on exclusivity, rarity and seasonality. But I believe that's an argument that's long since been put down. It's not simply a lost argument, but an irrational one now.
    What is the point of flaunting any rare item if the majority of PL players these days don't even know what it is, or have never seen it before?
    There is no longer the general populace of pre-Elixir Generation PL players anymore; in fact, I would even bet that the majority of our endgame players have not seen many days before the gifts of Daily Blessings. In short, there is really no necessity for anything to be rare these days, as there is no one to appreciate it. It's better to have an obtainable item, still uncommon in rarity, but highly appreciated.

Thus, I am fine with STS and their decisions on bringing back this PL Shield. But I'm sure that the vast majority of our older players who quit before L66 cap would be heavily opposed to these latest paradigm shifts.

I do however, see possible abuse of these PL Shields. If a newer member searched up the PL Shield on the forums, 100% of all sources and informational threads up until the past week will point them towards "a highly respectable endowment given to a helpful or insightful forum member, or won by a contest". Remember that out of all 'rare' items distributed in the past, the PL Shield surpasses even the Founder's Helm and Community Shields in exclusivity. And back then, everyone knew that whoever held a PL Shield was someone who could be trusted and respected, at least, until the shields were given out as contest prizes.

Nowadays, a player who received the PL Shield as a "compensation" from Support may easily abuse it- bragging ego rights, continuous false trust, and even temptation to illegally sell their item. Older members of the forum can recall many occasions in which Founder's Helms were transferred illegally, and even a special case in which one player notoriously bought a Droid Suit.

There are several solutions to this issue; simply announce your intention behind distributing these shields to clear up any misleading and prejudiced sense of trust or respect placed in these individuals by the general in-game community, or recolor the shields and even rename them as "Support Shield" instead of PL Shield- anything to distinguish it. In justification, as I've said earlier, these measures are not based off of a restrictive desire to retain the exclusivity of an item; rather, it is to preclude any possible misunderstandings from happening, as we all know that the PL community these days is more susceptible than ever to scams, misleads and misfortunes of all aspects.

-Whirl

Excellent summarization of how I feel about this Whirlz.

As I said, I donʻt mind that they give them out, but I just feel that since it was always an item that had to be earned, I feel that it should stay that way and give everyone a chance to earn it. Along with that, I think its awesome that you guys give out a "our bad" gift, it shows that you guys care and are trying to go the extra mile to make it right, but as Whirlz said, perhaps create a new item, recolor, or regift an item that wasnʻt so exclusive and needed to be earned through hard work. For instance, maybe make a recoloration of the old party hats, something cool like shiny silver or one with an effect to it and name it something clever.

For the record Sam and everyone at STG, were not mad at you guys, just upset and confused as to why its this item under this circumstance. We know you guys still try to do right by us PL players, despite all of whats been going on.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

As of fault on the developers part. Ex: you get a 3x combo 2 days in a row but your second one got canceled out, you e-mail devs but they don't fix the issue, e-mail again and they fix the issue and gift you a PL shield for inconvenience.
    This happens pretty often. Where's my shield?
    Doodlebeast, Onyxbleak, Magnabeam, Vacuole
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebeast View Post
    This happens pretty often. Where's my shield?
    Iʻd try and refrain from looking at it from the ʻwheres mine?ʻ vantage, as itʻll likely only cause arguments. I feel like the best thing to do in this situation is provide STG with useful feedback about how we feel towards the situation and try to come up with a solution that is beneficial to both sides of the issue.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Iʻd try and refrain from looking at it from the ʻwheres mine?ʻ vantage, as itʻll likely only cause arguments. I feel like the best thing to do in this situation is provide STG with useful feedback about how we feel towards the situation and try to come up with a solution that is beneficial to both sides of the issue.
    Yup I knew saying that will cause arguments but. I had to say it.
    Doodlebeast, Onyxbleak, Magnabeam, Vacuole
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Where is that shield??? Omg just jk jk i wanna keep some "old" good times in memory when all was happy.. 56 cap was best when ppl play together...after that elix groups fast lvling etc..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Along with that, I think its awesome that you guys give out a "our bad" gift, it shows that you guys care and are trying to go the extra mile to make it right, but as Whirlz said, perhaps create a new item, recolor, or regift an item that wasnʻt so exclusive and needed to be earned through hard work. For instance, maybe make a recoloration of the old party hats, something cool like shiny silver or one with an effect to it and name it something clever.
    I'm thinking a vanity armor that says, "My PL account got borked and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

How do you people write such big paragraphs >.< f dat
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    How do you people write such big paragraphs >.< f dat

ik how u feel i can barely write a 2.5 page essay yet somehow i remain in top class for english

screw logic
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    ik how u feel i can barely write a 2.5 page essay yet somehow i remain in top class for english

screw logic
    Lmao yep yep hah thats me
    Veni Vidi Vici