Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL Shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Default PL Shield

So apparently people have been getting the PL vanity shield as a ʻrewardʻ for some thing they are doing. Also, apparently its been causing quite a commotion in game and on the forum. I have one thing to say about this:

I have a PL shield, I won it through a contest a couple years back. Whenever I wear my shield people always ask about it, and thats cool, but whats not cool is that random people are just popping up with them now. Back at the contest, only TEN of us had the opportunity of winning one. While I donʻt think it should remain an exclusive item, I think that STG should make more contests to give them out as prizes rather than just depositing them into peopleʻs inventories. Sure these people are being ʻrewarded,ʻ but for what? Unless they disclose what these people have done to make them worthy of obtaining the shield, I think its highly unfair to those who rightfully earned a shield by participating and succeeding, and to everyone else who has never had an opportunity to win one.

TL;DR:

STG, disclose what makes people worthy of ʻwinningʻ this shield or make it available to everyone to have a chance to win through another contest.

-------AEO-------

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Soon, everything will be in DOTD. Dun wurry

Exclusives doesn't exist in PL anymore.
    Doodlebeast, Onyxbleak, Magnabeam, Vacuole
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

ikr ^^
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I sent a pm to Samhayne to ask him if devs/mods granted any PL shield those days. He told me that they didnt and those shields come from last contests.
    Bang Bang I shot you down
    Bang Bang you hit the ground
    Bang Bang that awful sound
    Bang Bang I used to shoot you down -Nancy Sinatra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Necro,

You've had 3 years to enjoy the shield. Isn't that enough time for an item to be exclusive and rare? AT&T only had so long with the iPhone being exclusive to their network. Eventually, all exclusivities end.

They have their reasons to give them out. Believe me, it's a darn good reason. Actually, it's awesome.

Lastly, take a look at the number of participants in the latest PL winter contest versus the number of participants in the latest AL winter contest. When comparing the amount of people, you can see where the interest is at. So, I don't think that they would spend the time making contests that generate the small level of interest.

In AL, almost the entire game was participating in the contests. In PL, it wasn't like that at all.

Good things come and go. I had a few months enjoying the PL shield being an OP L1 twink item. Eventually, when it nerf'd, was I upset? Heck yeah. However, it was for the better.

Now, if they are giving them out (according to Moderator 13's post), is it really a big deal? The reason why the criteria isn't widely/publicly told is because in the past, PL players have shown themselves abusing support. I doubt they want to give players the chance to do that again.

Of course, if PL players again choose to abuse support - I'm pretty sure that the developers will remove this shield as well.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-08-2014 at 11:38 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

It's "nightmare antenna" all over again heheh.

I'm a lil confused you said both that you don't think it should stay exclusive, and it's unfair to the original ten? Maybe I misunderstand.
    It's an assumption that random ppl are getting one, we don't know why and I'm ok with that.
    Why? When we knew being a productive community member meant you had a chance at becoming a goa we were flooded with useless guides and public displays of fake generosity. It was annoying.
    Granted I do want some things to stay exclusive and I think STG understands that to a degree because they often recolor things at least. The only reason I want some things exclusive is that something like a black dragon represents some of my cash, but when something can't be sold I personally see little to object to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Necro,

You've had 3 years to enjoy the shield. Isn't that enough time for an item to be exclusive and rare? AT&T only had so long with the iPhone being exclusive to their network. Eventually, all exclusivities end.

They have their reasons to give them out. Believe me, it's a darn good reason. Actually, it's awesome.

Lastly, take a look at the number of participants in the latest PL winter contest versus the number of participants in the latest AL winter contest. When comparing the amount of people, you can see where the interest is at. So, I don't think that they would spend the time making contests that generate the small level of interest.

In AL, almost the entire game was participating in the contests. In PL, it wasn't like that at all.

Good things come and go. I had a few months enjoying the PL shield being an OP L1 twink item. Eventually, when it nerf'd, was I upset? Heck yeah. However, it was for the better.

Now, if they are giving them out (according to Moderator 13's post), is it really a big deal? The reason why the criteria isn't widely/publicly told is because in the past, PL players have shown themselves abusing support. I doubt they want to give players the chance to do that again.

Of course, if PL players again choose to abuse support - I'm pretty sure that the developers will remove this shield as well.

I was saying that its nice that its an exclusive item, but I don't think it's fair that everyone isn't being given the Same opportunity of obtaining it. I don't mind if they give out more shields, in fact I encourage it, but make it so that everyone has an equal chance to *earn* it rather than it just being granted to randoms.

-------AEO-------

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Maybe everyone does have the same opportunity.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

The Spacetime Customer Service Team isn't giving out the PL shield as a "reward." It is given as a "thank you" when that customer has been inconvenienced. It is an item that we give out at our discretion. No, sorry, as much as we love you, you can't have one just for writing in and asking for it.

We are trying to do right by our customers. Having something we can give them when things don't go the best way possible is a nice thing to be able to do.

We know that not everything we will do will make everyone happy. We just keep pluggin along as best we can and are very thankful for the people who choose to spend their recreation time with our games. I hope that helps in your understanding.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    Last edited by Samhayne; 01-08-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The Spacetime Customer Service Team isn't giving out the PL shield as a "reward." It is given as a "thank you" when that customer has been inconvenienced. It is an item that we give out at our discretion. No, sorry, as much as we love you, you can't have one just for writing in and asking for it.

We are trying to do right by our customers. Having something we can give them when things don't go the best way possible is a nice thing to be able to do.

We know that not everything we will do will make everyone happy. We just keep pluggin along as best we can and are very thankful for the people who choose to spend their recreation time with our games. I hope that helps in your understanding.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    Good reason

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

More angelic sets soon? propably?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Itoopeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Aww, I wanted one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebeast View Post
    Soon, everything will be in DOTD. Dun wurry

Exclusives doesn't exist in PL anymore.
    Founder's, Legends?
    I AM..... Depury | Hammerologist | Mydadsapizza | Lvlbearz | Lvlbatti | Lvlflight | Dished | Rhinotacular | Truesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I agree both with Zeus and Sam, but also Necro has caught some part of truth I think. I appreciate that STG still take care about their older customers and I think, that item reward is one of the better ways how to express thanks. The idea abous some other cintest, to give even some newer players the opportunity to get this cool item.

What I only regret is the fact, that some of those "thanked" players are now fooling around townes, shouting how many of Community shields do they have, and trolling some other peeps, saying mysteries and stories about how can one get it. The few lucky owners are happy for sure, but there is a great group of others, especially younger players, who are easily suggestible, especially when they see those pro guys, and those are just hit by shield spree. I think, that better that doing this apart of public knowing, it would be better at least to make some announcement on main menu wall about what is going on. Like "yea, we grant some players of our choice, honoured community helpers, with this and this exclusive item." This may help to get rid of those fake stories which are bringing just jealousness and hate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

I think some people are misunderstanding what Samhayne said. This PL shield is a "we're sorry" present for people who have some kind of bad issue that support has to resolve. He didn't elaborate on what kinds of problems it is given out for. However, it's not a reward. It's not like angelic set (which was given to players who had spent a certain amount of money on plat) or the community helper shield for GOA or anything like that. So there is no way to "earn" this thing. I suppose you could try to create whatever kind of problem with your account that they give it out for, which some people are probably actually crazy enough to try to do.

I think there are two big mistakes that STS is making here.

First, they're "regifting" an item that used to be exclusively for winners of certain competitions. So now it's not possible to tell if a player won it or got it as an "oops prize". It would have been better not to re-use an exclusive prize and create the kind of confusion that prompted this thread to be posted.

Second, it's a dubious strategy at best to give out exclusive items to those who had something go wrong. As this thread proves, the community goes crazy trying to figure out how to get the special item, because anything exclusive automatically makes at least some people crazy to get their hands on it. Support will now be bombarded with fake reports and beggars outright asking for the special thing, clogging up an already-slow support system with more trash to wade through.

If it's necessary to provide some kind of benefit to people who suffer something bad in PL, then I would argue it should be something that's not a "special thing" that players would go waving around. If they really got the short end of the stick on something, then make it up to them by giving them some money or plat. This way they get something of obvious value, but it can't be waved around in town to make other players jealous or start rumors about how to get it.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Good feedback, Fusionstrike. We continue to live and learn
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    what do you mean by inconvenienced?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    As of fault on the developers part. Ex: you get a 3x combo 2 days in a row but your second one got canceled out, you e-mail devs but they don't fix the issue, e-mail again and they fix the issue and gift you a PL shield for inconvenience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    like if you did blessing few days and it said u got 3x elixir but it never showed up
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Lol, the email will start..
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.