I agree both with Zeus and Sam, but also Necro has caught some part of truth I think. I appreciate that STG still take care about their older customers and I think, that item reward is one of the better ways how to express thanks. The idea abous some other cintest, to give even some newer players the opportunity to get this cool item.

What I only regret is the fact, that some of those "thanked" players are now fooling around townes, shouting how many of Community shields do they have, and trolling some other peeps, saying mysteries and stories about how can one get it. The few lucky owners are happy for sure, but there is a great group of others, especially younger players, who are easily suggestible, especially when they see those pro guys, and those are just hit by shield spree. I think, that better that doing this apart of public knowing, it would be better at least to make some announcement on main menu wall about what is going on. Like "yea, we grant some players of our choice, honoured community helpers, with this and this exclusive item." This may help to get rid of those fake stories which are bringing just jealousness and hate.