Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Post Event: What is left to farm? Event gear crashes markets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default Post Event: What is left to farm? Event gear crashes markets.

Winterfest:

So first, I'd like to say this was a great event. Sts did a fantastic job of providing nice gear and keeping it rare enough to remain valuable. I also have to say that the portals were a brilliant move to get people interacting with each other, it was fantastic.

Now that Tarlok has flown home:

In the past it has always been that the best gear was farmable, and people could find it in elite chests as well. However, now that Architect and Shade armors are so far below the Tarlok (and Hellish, not to mention the lesser brands that also trump this season's armor), the value of elite chests is plummeting, and most special boss drops are...well..not special at all.

What to farm now:

There are 4 zones that drop weapons (Entombed Hammer, Architect Pylons, Quills and Blades). The value of these won't stay up long, since over-farming is a constant problem. And it's pretty certain there's many who have stacks of quills hoarded from the start of the season.

At the moment the only things worth hunting are the weapons mentioned above, essences and crates. This leaves a vast gap in end game PVE. Even the items dropped by Krunch and Bael II are worth nothing anymore. The items my party got tonight valued under 100K total.

What will happen next?

Without something to motivate, many people will stop hunting altogether and just sit and craft. This leaves the majority of the content wasted. There's a few people who hunt for the fun of hunting, but nobody is going to do that long if they have trouble even regaining their potion money.

I really hope STS has a plan to fix this, but it's a pretty tough situation. People paid plat to farm Tarlok for the top gear, so can't have their purchases made worthless, but something needs to be done. I can only suggest buffing Architect to Tarlok level and Shade to somewhere between Hellish and Tarlok, to at least give some reason to play out this season. Events are nice, but we need a game to play after they end.

Constructive ideas on solutions are welcomed.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

I totally agree with u hardly I don't find anything to farm now

Arena:The loots almost we get suck now same problem with bael II and krunch II the drops are worthless and farming elite for hard 10-15 ending up with stupid loot sometimes is irritating

Whats left to loot atm for me is to sit idle and keep on upgrading gems until Super gems or else farm some locked crates or else the 4 elite maps Serancha said if not mearch that's it!!

Coming to PVP everyone knows how's end game PVP atm

Before I used to do Arena daily more than 10times and used to hunt Bael II and Krunch II...but now it's useless doing both of them

We need something interesting or anyone else suggest me what's interesting rather than those i thought of looting

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I farmed the usual maps yesterday on our usual map rotations and I manage to loot a Pylon at level 36 and a EGP.

Went to CS and list, noticed that their prices have drastically dropped by half or more. Tis the life of a farmer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

everything was more fun when i wasnt at the level cap. once you have most pve aps everything gets duller. pvp aps arent fun because pvp isnt that fun anymore.....
    i will put my thinking cap on later today and think of some blinding ideas (no guarantees though xD)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Archon rings
    The weapons (yes, they'll drop in price, but don't they always near the end of a campaign?)

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Is it near the end though?

They've been busy making these big events. Usually expansions are announced 6-8 weeks ahead of time, and nothing has been mentioned about the next one yet, to my knowledge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Is it near the end though?

They've been busy making these big events. Usually expansions are announced 6-8 weeks ahead of time, and nothing has been mentioned about the next one yet, to my knowledge.
    Maybe "near the end" was a bad choice of words. It should have been "when a campaign is getting stale". Basically, as more and more people get these items and the market is saturated (or in this case, the items become obsolete), their value declines.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

aedenos is right. we see this every season. After a certain point people either stop playing because everything is stale or everyone gets the equips they need. The demand for farmable items then drops. This is why I usually spend the first part of the season farming then start pvping or stop playing once prices drop.

The main thing that concerns me is we haven't heard anything at all about new maps/level cap. I've asked 3 devs (justg, h2n, and samhayne) and not one of them will give a simple "yes" answer when asked if we'll see any more new levels. The closest thing we could get was g said "we will continue to support AL and no new legend titles are on the horizon". Supporting and updating are two completely different things. Personally, I don't think we will see any new maps or levels in AL so I doubt we have anything new to farm for quit a while.

P.S. I have the feeling we will continue to get events and special maps like the winter maps but I doubt we get new permanent maps and level caps. New items may be introduced but they'll be in our beloved crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Eh i saw this coming thats why i created a twink to pvp till StS will do something i barely even log on my main to farm anymore.
    The best solution would be leaving things exactly the way they are now.

Creating a new map in the next expansion with better gears than tarloks that drop from mobs to substitute shuyal.

End lvl Players will go and farm in the new maps and tarloks will become a discotinued twink set till next christmas.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,904 Posts

I don't want to give away anything, but I'll tell you guys that we do have some big things coming up very soon. Keep an eye out for a big announcement this or next week.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator13:1416208
    I don't want to give away anything, but I'll tell you guys that we do have some big things coming up very soon. Keep an eye out for a big announcement this or next week.
    Thanks. We need a better name for you also. Moderator13 sounds so generic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator13 View Post
    Good to hear
    Time to wait...n we r waiting eagerly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

\(* o*)/ - <3 MODERATOR13<3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

If its the double bard tokens, *sigh*

If its arcane/mythic vanities with stats,

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Solid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Plz PLz PLz PLz PLz PLz something to do with pets!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Thanks for the response. (Agree with Rav about your name too.)

Just as a followup:

As mentioned in some of the other posts, this is a problem as we get to a certain point in the season, (I have been here since season one, so am aware of this) but never were the main items of the season made obsolete by the mid-season point, leaving elite farming pointless.

The events have been nice but only really involve normal maps. Why do we work so hard to get mythic gear if we're just supposed to run normals? We could do that naked with a bow or a set of mythic blades. Not everyone wants to put up with the drama and hostility that is rampant in PVP now. Some people play to have fun and be cheerful, and to do that they need something that's a challenge outside the pvp arena.

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Thanks. We need a better name for you also. Moderator13 sounds so generic.
    I get re-named soon. I got a generic name as a newbie but soon you all will know my true (kind of) identity!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I get re-named soon. I got a generic name as a newbie but soon you all will know my true (kind of) identity!
    If you give us another little hint on new update content, i will suggest you a very nice name xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

Pleeeeaaaaaaaaaaasseeeeeee do something with the guilds!!!! Look at Oedid's thread in the suggestions section!!!

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

we'll see if the big announcement is new maps/level cap or another add on. I'm leaning toward and add on but hoping I'm wrong.