Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Post Event: What is left to farm? Event gear crashes markets.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default Post Event: What is left to farm? Event gear crashes markets.

Winterfest:

So first, I'd like to say this was a great event. Sts did a fantastic job of providing nice gear and keeping it rare enough to remain valuable. I also have to say that the portals were a brilliant move to get people interacting with each other, it was fantastic.

Now that Tarlok has flown home:

In the past it has always been that the best gear was farmable, and people could find it in elite chests as well. However, now that Architect and Shade armors are so far below the Tarlok (and Hellish, not to mention the lesser brands that also trump this season's armor), the value of elite chests is plummeting, and most special boss drops are...well..not special at all.

What to farm now:

There are 4 zones that drop weapons (Entombed Hammer, Architect Pylons, Quills and Blades). The value of these won't stay up long, since over-farming is a constant problem. And it's pretty certain there's many who have stacks of quills hoarded from the start of the season.

At the moment the only things worth hunting are the weapons mentioned above, essences and crates. This leaves a vast gap in end game PVE. Even the items dropped by Krunch and Bael II are worth nothing anymore. The items my party got tonight valued under 100K total.

What will happen next?

Without something to motivate, many people will stop hunting altogether and just sit and craft. This leaves the majority of the content wasted. There's a few people who hunt for the fun of hunting, but nobody is going to do that long if they have trouble even regaining their potion money.

I really hope STS has a plan to fix this, but it's a pretty tough situation. People paid plat to farm Tarlok for the top gear, so can't have their purchases made worthless, but something needs to be done. I can only suggest buffing Architect to Tarlok level and Shade to somewhere between Hellish and Tarlok, to at least give some reason to play out this season. Events are nice, but we need a game to play after they end.

Constructive ideas on solutions are welcomed.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: