Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Post Event: What is left to farm? Event gear crashes markets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Excited for some new content, the game really needs it. I hit level cap duri g double xp weekend early december. The halloween, then winter content helped me increase my likelyhood of getting good drops to sell or wear, and at the end of winter I'm set with tarlok potency, devour bow, tarlok amulet and night ocean ring. (I'm a rogue obviously)

But now that winter has ended, what to do? Sold my hoardings right before event ended at premium price, but nothing to farm for besides locked. Invested heavily in vanities for a cash crop during next expansion, but can't afford mythic and anything else I would find doesn't compare with my tarlok gear.

So, I would thank sts for these last 2 wonderful holidays, but now that tarlok is out (and owned) what to do? I'm hoping this next patch will give us something to play for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator13 View Post
    I get re-named soon. I got a generic name as a newbie but soon you all will know my true (kind of) identity!
    Maybe he stops being a newbie when he reaches 100 posts!

get chatty :P

The toeless smurf!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

New things in game -> platinum users will enjoy

Why dont just make maps (instances) with hard bosses that drops myth/arcane eggs and items even with 1% drop chance? I understand sts need to make money to keep game alive,but its not fair for make diference betwen plats n nonplats users...if some one have money to spend on game and don't wana farm he can buy plats n open locks..
    Many ppl can't aford to buy plats and get myth/arcane stuff and we all know its inposible to pvp without it. Just make some balalance so we can all have atlest close same equip or game will die slowy...

Sry guys for bad english :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Elite Bard's tales!! Make it take a decent effort to do it each time, and maybe you get a tiny chance at...... a vanity weapon??!!!?? *drool*
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorix View Post
    New things in game -> platinum users will enjoy

Why dont just make maps (instances) with hard bosses that drops myth/arcane eggs and items even with 1% drop chance? I understand sts need to make money to keep game alive,but its not fair for make diference betwen plats n nonplats users...if some one have money to spend on game and don't wana farm he can buy plats n open locks..
    Many ppl can't aford to buy plats and get myth/arcane stuff and we all know its inposible to pvp without it. Just make some balalance so we can all have atlest close same equip or game will die slowy...

Sry guys for bad english :-)
    Farm locked, elite and stuff.. I spend almost 2month on farming.. and now im ready for pvp.. that the sacrifice of the farmer like me.. but it worth it.. all u need is lepre, good guild and self confidence. Im enjoying pvp now

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

First, let me comment on the original thread in this post....

Yes, everything you say is correct. However, if they were to go ahead and release a new expansion now, not only would the architect gear become worthless, but the new Tarlok, Wintermancer, Frozen and Hellish gear would all become worthless as everyone would dump their gear for the new level 40/41 gear. While that is inevitable when a new expansion comes, it would seem too soon to cause this tumble immediately after the even ends. Who wants to farm for event gear only to have it be made worthless a week or two later?

The solution for the economy is to keep the cap at 36 for at least a couple more months and let people use the new (and discontinued) gear. Then it will actually go up in price as more players decide to buy a set and merchants gradually sell off their inventory. This in turn will cause the architect gear to rebound a little as well.

The problem with this solution is that players will become bored with the game. So we need something new, but at the same time we still need the latest event gear to be relevant. So what is the solution?

The answer is something I posted a few months back...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114281

Not necessarily my exact idea, but some sort of quest to add excitement to the game. For those of you who played Pocket Legends, you remember how the ichor quest was a prequel to the Blackstone Mountain expansion? They should do something similar with the next expansion. Have some sort of prequel which keeps the cap at 36 for now, but also introduces some new kind of time consuming quest that will keep us busy for the next two months. Make the quest hard, something on the order of difficulty of elite dungeons -- that way people will need good gear, and thus the event gear and architect gear will be in demand.

I'm guessing we are going to see something of this type soon. Just as we had the Shuyal Arena added before the Shuyal expansion, I think we will soon find out about where the next expansion is headed.....
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-08-2014 at 11:45 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I am ready for new expansion - dont wanna sit and get bored anyway. Always want more content.
    IGN: Keyrogue, Keymagey, Grrom, Sceuetas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Considering how close I am to 36, I'm hoping it won't be an extended Lvl cap before I can get that nice purple flag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

i totally agree with you.

-NUFFSAID

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

@ Energizeric I actually wasn't saying an expansion is needed.

I guess the biggest thing I'd like to see is a (non pvp) challenge suited to all this fantastic gear we have earned. Otherwise mythics will go obsolete in the next expansion and then what was the point? When the events only send us to normal maps as the most efficient way of farming, and the special drops from the bosses are no longer something people want to find, a new incentive needs to be given to farm elites. I would hate to see the game turning into just a bunch of people merching and doing pvp for months. There's so much more to it than that.

As we head into the later stages of the season, if there were a few goodies put in puzzleboxes to make them desirable again, and something to keep elite players challenged (yes, elite quests are a great idea), it may help prevent the huge decline of players we saw at the end of season 4.

Someone posted that I shouldn't worry and can still farm crates. Well, this isn't about me, or even about money. People need goals and excitement to stick around, and having only 4 runs that are worth farming is just not enough for however many thousand people are here. I have more than enough to do, and am enjoying every bit of it. But if the player base gets bored and lacks incentive, they either leave or start on dramas, fights and other annoyances, and then the fun is lost.

The devs of STS are obviously aware of all this, and it will be exciting to see the solution they have prepared. But in the meantime it can be fun to toss ideas around and see what comes up. This has been a vastly entertaining thread to read. Thanks to everyone, especially our nameless moderator for helping make a great discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Need more tombs, for locked farming also, bring back the lower hauntlet pls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Elite tombs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

MAPS MAPS MAPS who says we need a lvl increase to get new maps permanently.
    Not I
    This game seems to be based to much on the gear and not enough on the maps we play, which is the reason we play in the first place
    Midas touches this idea
    +10000000
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 01-09-2014 at 11:32 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If new lvl cap sound nice.. soon or later all player will hv the same build set and the same equ set.. love it.. nothing unique in game soon.. fact

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i really don't like new expansions with only lv cap and 4news maps..

why people like this? justlv up and come back to the boring after 1-2 weeks..

i think theys should back the old Bael II.

why sts create a ''event'' and drops bad items? i see the last event and all events all the stuff are not good. a normal item legendary or epic have better stats.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

If they diversified items more, the market wouldn't crash over a single new item.

Granted mythic /arcane items will (and should) always be the best and should only come in one "flavor" if you will

But many legendary items are too...useless for lack of a better word.
    Like you can have architect blades of brutality, riposte and potency (correct me on this) i dont see why brutality must be the best flat out, can't the others have their unique perks so somebody farming doesn't feel let down if they get them.

For example maybe have one trump the dmg, while another will give slightly less dmg but more armor, health, other will give more dps and crit.

Not high enough differences to make one best overall (since every seems to always think dmg = everything[which is why so many tanks are less than capable]) but enough to make somebody think "i think the brutality might not be best for this situation/my playstyle"

We have loadouts for different equipment combinations, give people reason to use them! That way, not all, but at least way more pink items will be worth farming and not just doing elite in the hopes of getting the flavor that's worth the big money (sometimes easily several times more than one of the "lesser" types).

In the past event they could have made tarlok items for example comparable to top pinks and made the different types worth it.

Look up Tarlok Plate of Grace lvl 36.
    Not sure value now but during event it was deplorable, definitely not deserving of a item that came exclusively from Imbued Golden Chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i think the only FLAW with the winter event is that they made "TARLOK'S LAIR" a farmable place by having people pay a measly 5 plats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator13 View Post
    Let's just say that something powerful is awakening in the land of Arlor and it won't be long until it comes out of the "woodwork." ;D
    Thats even more confusing lol, the name arlor making me guess its an expansion, but the end of ur line making me go like whaaaa! Its messing with my brain so hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Maybe the trees come too life and the last boss called evil tree of arlor trows acid and calls mini trees too kill us i like this idea:-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simonjkl View Post
    Maybe the trees come too life and the last boss called evil tree of arlor trows acid and calls mini trees too kill us i like this idea:-)
    Three assassins love that.