Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What if they could sell Pocket Legends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix View Post
    "I read a handbook for iPad "for dummies" one of the recommended games were pocket legend" ehhh.... What I'm getting is that it hints that pl is for dummies.
    Oh, I didn't take much notice of that comment, there was probably some advertisement in there somewhere. Nah he wouldn't be lol it's a book for iPad users that aren't really familiar with technology so they probably advertised some apps 'The Best' apps to get him started and get his liking :P
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sam please do answer this simple question. Can you give a quest regarding new players having elite rings.

Thank you in advance.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #123
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ijooo View Post
    Sam please do answer this simple question. Can you give a quest regarding new players having elite rings.

Thank you in advance.
    We could schedule something like that in, but the larger question is that what we should be doing? It seems like pvp balance is still a main sticking point.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We could schedule something like that in, but the larger question is that what we should be doing? It seems like pvp balance is still a main sticking point.
    Hello sam,

In my opinion, the main thing is PvP for many people in PL as it is the only thing left to do here, but as the others has said, we just need something to do, for example new sets and PvE or PvP map.. If I could suggest that quest thing ijooo mentioned was pretty good idea, just that could you make the Elite rings different sparkles? Also, There is a thread posted by "Everyone'sFavMage" about PvP maps, that I think alot would love to see. Sam, I really love how you would care about us and reply more often now, Thank you very much.

Extreme.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you for answering my question. I hope you can consider giving us a chance to have elite rings bec seriously its kind the hard to win without them in pvp and ctf. So until now i am sad that i didnt find this game during its glory days of expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Hello sam,

In my opinion, the main thing is PvP for many people in PL as it is the only thing left to do here, but as the others has said, we just need something to do, for example new sets and PvE or PvP map.. If I could suggest that quest thing ijooo mentioned was pretty good idea, just that could you make the Elite rings different sparkles? Also, There is a thread posted by "Everyone'sFavMage" about PvP maps, that I think alot would love to see. Sam, I really love how you would care about us and reply more often now, Thank you very much.

Extreme.
    Yeah, like maze ctf map so that flagging is difficult.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ijooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

+1321111111111111111111111111111111172791919928837 372892929299999282828828299292838392911111811111
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:1422596
    Sam, do you think changing the mechanics like I mentioned in my last post or modifying all the stats on gear and buffs would be easier to implement?
    I see major benefits with the crit and dodge mechanics reworked.
    If crit was just changed to a 130% dmg it would considerably nerf the dmg but it would be as luck based as lowering the crit stat, I actually see a higher crit chance as easier to balance because you can count on basing armor stats off of 130% dmg if people have near 80% crit, rather than basing 300 armor of a 350 dmg stat, that would do a rare crit with an extravagant double damage. Main downside is the cut in damage for pve, but I think we could cope with that. Challenging pve is always better than unbalanced pvp imo.

As for the dodging only auto attacks, it would still allow for a high dodge stat without making it entirely luck based, it would also keep pve working fine as pretty much all mobs use just autos so that would remain unharmed.

It seems this would only take about day of work, and could be removed rather easily if my guesses are very off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Hello sam,

Extreme.
    if there wont be any caps then i agree with u about the elite rings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    I'd take a Pally over a Rhino any day. The Pally offers much more damage, faster heals, better debuffs, and Rev with a higher range. The rhino's party buffs gives what, +24 damage and +5 armour?
    What are you talking about? Rhinos rev has more range than a pally/mage.

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #131
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

More about why we didn't make an expansion/level cap raise to Pocket Legends in 2013 at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...egends-in-2013
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #132
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fourleaf View Post
    Sam, do you think changing the mechanics like I mentioned in my last post or modifying all the stats on gear and buffs would be easier to implement?
    I see major benefits with the crit and dodge mechanics reworked.
    If crit was just changed to a 130% dmg it would considerably nerf the dmg but it would be as luck based as lowering the crit stat, I actually see a higher crit chance as easier to balance because you can count on basing armor stats off of 130% dmg if people have near 80% crit, rather than basing 300 armor of a 350 dmg stat, that would do a rare crit with an extravagant double damage. Main downside is the cut in damage for pve, but I think we could cope with that. Challenging pve is always better than unbalanced pvp imo.

As for the dodging only auto attacks, it would still allow for a high dodge stat without making it entirely luck based, it would also keep pve working fine as pretty much all mobs use just autos so that would remain unharmed.

It seems this would only take about day of work, and could be removed rather easily if my guesses are very off.
    Turning big knobs like overall crit and dodge have big implications to the current state of balance. It's a decent thing to evaluate and is a good idea to look at, but I can't speak to how "easy" or "doable" such changes are without spending designer time to evaluate it.
    | | | |

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Turning big knobs like overall crit and dodge have big implications to the current state of balance. It's a decent thing to evaluate and is a good idea to look at, but I can't speak to how "easy" or "doable" such changes are without spending designer time to evaluate it.
    Ok thanks again for all the time u have spent in this thread

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Multibird View Post
    What are you talking about? Rhinos rev has more range than a pally/mage.
    Considering rhino has a 14m revive, which is the farthest range of a skill in game, plus a glitch where you can press charge-rev and revive from 26m away, I'd say that the revive is a bit better. Rhino can instakill birds, and some int mages, tank decently, carry flags like a boss, and heal/buff others, and even if it can't get to the flag in time before someone else does, it's a great coverage class to keep others off the flagger. In Arena I'd say a pally is obviously better, but CTF, rhino all the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Considering rhino has a 14m revive, which is the farthest range of a skill in game, plus a glitch where you can press charge-rev and revive from 26m away, I'd say that the revive is a bit better. Rhino can instakill birds, and some int mages, tank decently, carry flags like a boss, and heal/buff others, and even if it can't get to the flag in time before someone else does, it's a great coverage class to keep others off the flagger. In Arena I'd say a pally is obviously better, but CTF, rhino all the way.
    Yeah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Sell PL for another studio. They would do these:

-Recreate graphics engine
    -Make the world look better than AL does
    -And a lot more graphical updates.

After that game would make money like crazy.
    AL has so much less content and skills are awfully terrible and camera cant be rotated. (example: a warrior throws this axe. It flies 6m but pulls the enemy from 12m. Lol. Also you cant move while throwing that axe. Ennggghh hate it.) PL works perfectly smoothly and nothing like that happens. Asn and example bear skills: Beckon + stomp. pull works perfectly and add stomp after that makes a combo and shoots the enemy far away. YAY! After that catch the enemy and throw a set of slashes on him like a ninja! Omg that so awesome! I love it! Thats why PL is much better than AL

Also in PL PvP you can know if your opponet is weak/strong/nuke and if he has some weak points. as an example mages have usually 400-500 health, depens on their set what they are using. In AL rogues can have health between 800 and 4000 its like so annoying you cant know how much your opponet can take damage.

PL has also one more advantage: Everyone can use all sets. Its so fun to try different sets with different classes. Like try using dex sets on mage or int stuff with bear. Thats something people just love.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

My reaction when i read the title
    Name:  400px-How-about-no.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  20.1 KB

IMO, STS is the best company to own PL,
    PL wouldn't be the same if another company owned it.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by finnman View Post
    Sell PL for another studio. They would do these:

-Recreate graphics engine
    -Make the world look better than AL does
    -And a lot more graphical updates.

After that game would make money like crazy.
    AL has so much less content and skills are awfully terrible and camera cant be rotated. (example: a warrior throws this axe. It flies 6m but pulls the enemy from 12m. Lol. Also you cant move while throwing that axe. Ennggghh hate it.) PL works perfectly smoothly and nothing like that happens. Asn and example bear skills: Beckon + stomp. pull works perfectly and add stomp after that makes a combo and shoots the enemy far away. YAY! After that catch the enemy and throw a set of slashes on him like a ninja! Omg that so awesome! I love it! Thats why PL is much better than AL

Also in PL PvP you can know if your opponet is weak/strong/nuke and if he has some weak points. as an example mages have usually 400-500 health, depens on their set what they are using. In AL rogues can have health between 800 and 4000 its like so annoying you cant know how much your opponet can take damage.

PL has also one more advantage: Everyone can use all sets. Its so fun to try different sets with different classes. Like try using dex sets on mage or int stuff with bear. Thats something people just love.
    Everything you said about the PvP I do agree with. I tried AL PvP for a nice lengthy time, and it's so hard figuring out when your opponent is low on health (I'm not sure if that's because I didn't quite understand most of the game mechanics yet or I was too busy watching the skills charging). Either way, PL's PvP is quick, strategic, bam-bam, boom-boom - it'll always be my favorite PvP in any game.

Here's the thing Finn - nobody would want to buy PL. If a company took PL off of STS' hands, that would be one less game to worry about. They would go full man-power on AL. No company will want to buy a game that's not in "first place" against its' other competitors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Ah we need a pvp rebalance...especially if this is the last cap for a while..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    Ah we need a pvp rebalance...especially if this is the last cap for a while..
    Yeah, if they decide on this then just re balance all dat stuff them go do ya thing on al... Lmao
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone