Thread: endgame PvE dex bear stat allocation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Default endgame PvE dex bear stat allocation

I'm currently working on making a dex bear. My goal is to cap it and use phoenix bow, so that means it'll need at least 300 dex. My question is, what should I do with the rest of the stat points? Should I go all dex, or put the excess into str for a little more survivability? The main goal of the build is a damage dealer (I have another bear build for traditional tanking) so I'm wondering if it's worth putting it all in dex, or if I'll face diminishing returns on damage output and will be better off adding some str so I spend less time getting squished. What do you guys think?

P.S. Not planning to PvP with it, so this is purely a question of maximizing PvE performance.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

You have to decide what you prefer,
    if you love the high damage and DPS amount with the upcoming "oneshot"_ mobs from a distance ability you would go pure DEX, otherwise if you would go STR you can handle a bit more (being more tanky), because of the increasing health, armor, dodge and h/p regen.

I have checked the stats with the preview mode - the (increasing) stats of full dex and majority dex + str:

If you would put the rest 77 points into STR you get
    +2 Crit
    + 2 Dodge
    + 38 Health
    + 2 H-Regen
    + 2-2 Damage
    + 1 DPS
    +4 Armor

Plus the ability to wear level 20 STR rings which need 67 str to wear, just in case, but I believe you would use a Dragon Ring anyway.

With going 377 Dex the stats change like this:
    +8 Hit %
    + 2 Crit
    + 1 Dodge
    + 1 H regen
    + 12-12 Damage
    + 10 DPS
    + 2 Armor

(Sorry that I didn't write them side by side so you could compare better)

Personally, I would put in the rest 77 points into STR, just because I know and I have seen how squishy a pure DEX bear can be in a Magma Run or else. 77 str point give you around 40 health, some dodge and a few armor add-ups, while putting the points into DEX give you a good amount of Damage but you get these Damage points from your (Dragon) Ring anyway.

I'm not the real pro considering stats, builds and whatsoever, it's just my point of view of bears to handle a bit more than a bird, after all you have to decide on your own anyway.

I wish you best of luck with the succesful build and fun of trying your new Dex Bear!
    Last edited by DocDoBig; 01-09-2014 at 04:23 PM.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Peroh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Hmm good insights here. The str ring is a good point and probably makes the case for going str if you don't have a cap or dragon ring to use.

Just staring at the numbers themselves, and given my goal is to output damage, I'd say pure dex looks more attractive. The extra armor and 1 dodge for going str just doesn't seem worthwhile enough compared to the hit/damage/dps advantage of dex. But it's hard to get a feel for it by just looking at numbers. I really need to know how many deaths that extra str would save me, which is hard to gauge. Maybe I'll start at pure dex and respec to str if I just end up dead on the floor too often.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post: