Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythics being upgraded VS New mythics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Default Mythics being upgraded VS New mythics

I would like to believe that mythic armor and helm will be upgradeable again (if there is ever another expansion)
    My reasoning behind this is the fact that at lvl 36 they are untradeable and because there is aps attached to the helm and armor
    Furthermore You cannot very well expect people to pay a high price of gold to attain twink gear in order to get aps and
    Since they have aps attached to them they would always be expensive no matter what
    Also i am pretty sure that if they did come out with new myth/arcane armor and helm alot of people would be pretty upset due to the fact of all the time/gems and platinum aka real money they spent perfecting those.

However.....I do not doubt for a second that arcane legends devs would make all of the current gear totally obsolete by coming out with all new mythics.
    Arcane legends is an app game like clash of clans and many others that are designed purely as a never ending money pit for the users.
    Personally i would far prefer a monthly subsciption like wow or even a one time purchase price like console games and then make all gear/vanitys/pets attainable through gameplay only.

Imagine for a second that you are playing call of duty or any other console game for that matter and they came out with downloadable content, sounds familiar right.......Well now imagine that the downloadable content they came out with is the best gun available by leaps and bounds giving everyone who is willing to fork over real money an unfair advantage in multiplayer over everyone else. By doing this all skill is removed from the equation of competition and it becomes purely a pay to win game.

This is the harsh reality that is arcane legends.
    Dont get me wrong, I enjoy playing arcane legends very much so and i have met alot of great people in game as well, but it is because of this truth that i am ok with not having the very best gear in game Lvl 36 myth or arcane weapons/arcane pets

So remember next time u see someone with the very best items arcane pets, arcane weapons etc there is a 98% chance that the person behind that toon either forked over a lot of cash in real life to the tune of hundreds if not thousands of U.S. dollars
    Or is sponsored by the devs directly in order to give the average person someone to "idolize"
    I will admit that probably about 1-2% of all the top geared players with the best items attained them through farming/merching
    So its not totally impossible, but highly unlikely unless you play basiclly 24/7 for a very long time many many months and months

Now with all that said concerning amulets and rings i am guessing there will be new ones coming out in locked grand crates of course, before next expansion seen as they are the only mythic items currently unavailable in a lvl 36 version. So everyone keep your wallets open
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

It wont be upgraded again.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    It wont be upgraded again.
    Look out ladies and gentleman there is a prophet in our midst, lol.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

This is something that comes up quite often and we always appreciate your suggestions and feedback. Of course, when new content comes out one of the things people look for first is the new items and gear. Just like any other MMO, when new content comes out there is almost always content that will slowly become less desirable as newer and better content comes out, especially armor/weapons/etc. It does take time and effort to get new gear, but it's kind of a give and take, right? New and more powerful items are added to the game, giving players new things to strive for which keeps things exciting, while items that they had worked hard for in the past may be weaker by comparison or worth less after the new items are released.

Our goal isn't to make Arcane a "money pit" but to make it a game that is constantly evolving and fun to play over time.

To respond to your issues about paying plat -vs- farming/merching, yes the latter option can be more difficult and time consuming but we do make a great effort to make sure that players are able to get what they want in the game without ever having to pay for platinum if they don't want to. Like you said, it is not impossible, just take a little bit more time and effort.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Not everyone who has mythics shells out large amounts of actual money. In fact I would say about 3/4 of the people I know farmed and saved, earning what they have over time. I certainly don't have any amount of actual cash to spend, and I am fully geared. I think the comments about geared players is an unfair over-generalization that gives the wrong impression of people who actually earn what they want.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Not everyone who has mythics shells out large amounts of actual money. In fact I would say about 3/4 of the people I know farmed and saved, earning what they have over time. I certainly don't have any amount of actual cash to spend, and I am fully geared. I think the comments about geared players is an unfair over-generalization that gives the wrong impression of people who actually earn what they want.
    So when u say your fully geared your saying u have A lvl 36 myth/arcane weapon samael/whims, upgraded myth armor and helm, blood ruby and fang of fenrir all full grand gems? And u didn't spend any real money to attain them? Thats 70-100m in game wow if thats true and you attained those without any real money at all i salute you and u are one of the 2% i was talking about
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

10. The Following User Says Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator13 View Post
    This is something that comes up quite often and we always appreciate your suggestions and feedback. Of course, when new content comes out one of the things people look for first is the new items and gear. Just like any other MMO, when new content comes out there is almost always content that will slowly become less desirable as newer and better content comes out, especially armor/weapons/etc. It does take time and effort to get new gear, but it's kind of a give and take, right? New and more powerful items are added to the game, giving players new things to strive for which keeps things exciting, while items that they had worked hard for in the past may be weaker by comparison or worth less after the new items are released.

Our goal isn't to make Arcane a "money pit" but to make it a game that is constantly evolving and fun to play over time.

To respond to your issues about paying plat -vs- farming/merching, yes the latter option can be more difficult and time consuming but we do make a great effort to make sure that players are able to get what they want in the game without ever having to pay for platinum if they don't want to. Like you said, it is not impossible, just take a little bit more time and effort.
    Hows about new maps and bosses? Isn't that typically the basis of new content in most games and gear is only secondary? Imo how useful is new gear if their are no new maps to use them on? Whats the point?
    Not to play devils advocate but sts IS a business right, and the goal of a business is to make money correct?
    That would explain why the new content ends up being gear in locked crates or items that are purchasable with plat instead of new maps and bosses
    even the Winter event bosses were plat purchasable cmon

Yes i agree that with the new story token system it is now a little easier for free players, but to say that a free player can attain the same gear (for elite pve and especially where it is most noticeable pvp) as a plat payer with "just a little more time and effort" is a bit of an understatement
    This i know from first hand experience it takes a long time a very long time

Perhaps i am jaded
    As always have a nice day
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    So when u say your fully geared your saying u have A lvl 36 myth/arcane weapon samael/whims, upgraded myth armor and helm, blood ruby and fang of fenrir all full grand gems? And u didn't spend any real money to attain them? Thats 70-100m in game wow if thats true and you attained those without any real money at all i salute you and u are one of the 2% i was talking about
    I have glacian, not Sam, and full mythics including blades. I don't have full grand gems in anything except my blades yet though. I am not as lucky as most. But many other members of Pheonix have earned their items practically plat free as well. I have opened a few crates here and there because we do get plat from free offers, but, as I say I am not lucky, so never got rich gambling.
    Last edited by Serancha; 01-09-2014 at 07:13 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator13 View Post

I would just suggest one thing, when new season come up, mythic armor and helm lvl 36 should be either upgradeable to lvl 41 or tradeable so we can buy new mythics without feeling sad of selling our old mythics in inventory. To be honest id rather see new mythics we kinda bored of this same look we bad since season 3 which why vanities now worth alot of money.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hakoom7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default arcane armor

Just make arcane armor and always let us upgrade gun bow and shield plzzz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hakoom7 View Post
    I would just suggest one thing, when new season come up, mythic armor and helm lvl 36 should be either upgradeable to lvl 41 or tradeable so we can buy new mythics without feeling sad of selling our old mythics in inventory. To be honest id rather see new mythics we kinda bored of this same look we bad since season 3 which why vanities now worth alot of money.
    I have an idea what about giving mythic armors 6 crafting slots....3 for stat gems and 3 for "vanity gems" which would allow u to combine up to 3 gems to make your own custom look and legendarys would have 4 slots 2 for stats 2 for vanity etc etc
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 01-09-2014 at 11:26 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The shuyal expansion has been very boring for me. I'm using the same exact gear I was using 6 months ago, not one item has changed. The only path to upgrade is the arcane staff which I'm saving for. In that 6 months I've managed to save 23m gold, which is not even half as much as it costs. I certainly hope the next expansion has some new gear for me to work towards. Because otherwise the PvE side of this game is getting very boring.

As for the question of earning money without spending plat, in the past I opened some locked crates, but did not get any mythic or arcane items, so I stopped opening them. Now I only use plat to purchase luck elixirs and an occasional vanity. I haven't purchased any plat in about 4 months, and I still have most of the plat leftover that I purchased last time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The shuyal expansion has been very boring for me. I'm using the same exact gear I was using 6 months ago, not one item has changed. The only path to upgrade is the arcane staff which I'm saving for. In that 6 months I've managed to save 23m gold, which is not even half as much as it costs. I certainly hope the next expansion has some new gear for me to work towards. Because otherwise the PvE side of this game is getting very boring.

As for the question of earning money without spending plat, in the past I opened some locked crates, but did not get any mythic or arcane items, so I stopped opening them. Now I only use plat to purchase luck elixirs and an occasional vanity. I haven't purchased any plat in about 4 months, and I still have most of the plat leftover that I purchased last time.
    6 months to save 23m which is less than half of the cost of just one weapon.
    This example perfectly proves my point on locked crate opener vs the non locked crate opener. aka the plat spender vs the non plat spender.
    and the fact that it takes more than just a little more effort to attain the same items
    I have a question for you or anyone else that would like to answer what would u rather have if given the choice
    New vanitys/gear to give you better stats and a fresh apperance while u play all the same old maps or new maps to play but with the same gear you already have?
    My priorities lie with the new maps and bosses not the new gear.
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 01-10-2014 at 01:33 AM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

It should be upgraded or the uproar from players would be a dreadful sound for sts, many might even say bye bye. I am preparing something that hopefully if sts reads will solve all the problem with magical effection but wait lemme come back from school first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Arcane is different from mythic, though. The chances for an arcane are abysmally low. Mythic chance looks godly in comparison, heh. The staff is an arcane item in its first season. The price is going to be high. Especially at this point in time of Arcane Legends life, as more and more people are spending money and/or farming gold cause inflation. There is a lot more gold in circulation than when hooks were released.

Yea, it's absurd to a degree to get an arcane item, but sts has always said that's the whole idea with arcane items: they should be like a wild dream. To an extent, arcane items aren't supposed to be had. They're there to make some sort or goal remaining for every player.
    If arcane armors & bows were released, there isn't a need to panic...very few people will have either. And even fewer will have both (you are talking 100m+ gold for a weapon and armor! And we have seen countless threads about how the Midas touch is a 'fake' ap).

Anyway, I'd be happy with new maps & challenges to the game WITHOUT a lvl cap raise & no new gear. It'll allow us all a chance to really use the Tarlok gear. Let the main appeal be the quest rewards: good chunks of gold (and maybe even 2 ccharacter bound 0plat lock crates, as a sign that sts really loves us?).

I stay firm that upgrading mythic gear is horrible and dumb. Especially the already up'd items. Mythics are meant to last 2 level caps. See my example in another thread about buying a brand new Corvette. It's the same as buying an expensive item.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    6 months to save 23m which is less than half of the cost of just one weapon.
    This example perfectly proves my point on locked crate opener vs the non locked crate opener. aka the plat spender vs the non plat spender.
    and the fact that it takes more than just a little more effort to attain the same items
    I have a question for you or anyone else that would like to answer what would u rather have if given the choice
    New vanitys/gear to give you better stats and a fresh apperance while u play all the same old maps or new maps to play but with the same gear you already have?
    My priorities lie with the new maps and bosses not the new gear.
    You talk like everyone should have arcane weapons. Arcane weapons are very rare, and there are not enough to go around. It has nothing to do with plat spenders or non-plat spenders. Even most players who spend lots of plat will never loot an arcane staff. There are probably only 1 arcane staff for every 500 players who play this game, so no matter how much gold everyone has, everyone can never have one.

Geeez, I just don't understand why people don't understand the word "rare". This has nothing to do with price or with spending money. It has to do with the existence of rare items. Rare means there are only a few. I like a game in which there are rare items. If they eliminate rare items and everything becomes common, then I will go find another game.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

How about Mythic Weapon ? is it upgradeable or stay at it current level ?
    Last edited by Silent_Less; 01-10-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i think the better solution it new mythic and new arcane same power but can upgrade depending on the new expansion average. peace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Guys, I doubt any more items of any type will ever be able to be upgraded to a higher level. They did it this one single time with the mythic helm and armor, and it was a bad idea to do as it made the current expansion more boring and made the legendary items worth very little.

In the Nordr expansion, most of the top players (myself included) first worked towards a good Noble legendary set, and then later on saved up for and purchased mythics. I can remember paying 1.5m for my Noble armor during the first week of the Nordr expansion. Even a month later it was still going for around 500k+. But in the Shuyal expansion, none of us ever needed an architect set, so the price of those items never went very high. Within a month the best architect armors and helms were going for less than 100k, and this ruined farming as there were not very many good items to farm anymore.

I think STS recognizes the mistake they made, and I doubt they will ever do this again. Each new expansion means new items will be released. Old items will become old. That is the way an MMO works. If you don't think it's worth paying a lot of gold for a mythic item that is only good for one expansion, then don't. However, unlike the first year of this game when they did expansions every 2-3 months, the expansions are now going to last a bit longer, probably around 5-6 months each. So you will get good use out of your items even if they are not upgradable.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I'll be sad to see my mythic armor go

<The Hammer>