Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A possible solution to PL Players (Free Characters)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default A possible solution to PL Players (Free Characters)

So,

If STG remembers what they did in the Humania cap, they gave L65 characters to anyone who had spent $500 or more on the game.

In response to this, I think many players are reluctant to try AL because of the leveling factor.

So, what STG could do is give PL veterans the option to have a free L35 character (leaving them something to work towards) in order to give them a renewed interest in AL.

IMO, it would definitely bring a few players over and show that STG didn't just abandon the players in PL. In a way, they gave them a "VIP Pass" to come aboard!

Veteran Criteria:
    • Invested at least 6 months time into the game
    • Spent an amount of money of which STG chooses fit or more into PL.

Benefits for STG:
    • More potential platinum buyers
    • Happier customers because of the fact that you took care of them, so to speak.

Just food for thought,

~Zeus
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-10-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

I partly agree because leveling in AL is boring without friends

I also disagree because if players get free leveling in AL they probably won't understand the mechanics of the game, hence resulting in Warriors not tanking, Mages not using the right skills and Rogues dying all the time

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post

I also disagree because if players get free leveling in AL they probably won't understand the mechanics of the game, hence resulting in Warriors not tanking, Mages not using the right skills and Rogues dying all the time
    Hence pl veteran meaning, if your a veteran in pl, obviously your going to know what a tank is, or have a least a clue on what to do...? Btw then learn while capping, or whatever you don't HAVE to start from lvl 1, just pve lots at 35? :3

Al looks great feels great I like it, but the way pve is sort of set up I don't like it compared to pl, same as how the camera doesn't turn all that crap I hate not being able to see around you... Aggravating tbh, but I'm baring with it... And they should all have PL shields in al!!!! Onto something here
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Hence pl veteran meaning, if your a veteran in pl, obviously your going to know what a tank is, or have a least a clue on what to do...? Btw then learn while capping, or whatever you don't HAVE to start from lvl 1, just pve lots at 35? :3
    Veteran as in join date or level? Have you not seen l76 scatter bears?

PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Veteran as in join date or level? Have you not seen l76 scatter bears?
    Meh dont really know tbh :/ itd be best to go of join date, but then again there can be some good players that join late also :/ eh
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Elite Shuyal is like AOIII back when it was not nerfed. Believe me, anyone who runs elite will learn what to do quite fast.

By veteran, I would classify the criteria as of join date (anyone who has invested at least 6 months into the game) or a vast amount of money only to realize that it was a game without updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Hmm a Pl veteran can be Lvl 35 in AL without doing nothing while others have to level up their own to 35, interesting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Elite Shuyal is like AOIII back when it was not nerfed. Believe me, anyone who runs elite will learn what to do quite fast.
    Not trying to sound pessimistic but, there will be players who don't know what to do in AL (imo it's pretty different compared to PL), fact. But I think a headstart for veterans should be good, as long as AL players could cope with inexperienced L35 players flooding AL's endgame.

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Int View Post
    Hmm a Pl veteran can be Lvl 35 in AL without doing nothing while others have to level up their own to 35, interesting
    They cap 100k exp + another 150? To grt to max lvl anyways, I think 35 lvls isnt to hard? really it isn't, unless you dont like the game all that much
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1419353

By veteran, I would classify the criteria as of join date (anyone who has invested at least 6 months into the game) or a vast amount of money only to realize that it was a game without updates.
    That would be nice but 6 months is short isnt it?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Sign me up, I need an oldcoottwo there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

A headstart could also be in other forms, such as elixir, a better tutorial than the current one, a little plat, random pinks every 5 level or a golden chest, etc. Just some suggestions.

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Int View Post
    They offered this service in PL, but most PL players have capped 2-3x more exp than any AL player ever could & that's just counting on one character.

For them to level in the 70s is like 7k exp per level. On top of that, they have a 100k exp cap to grind for.

@ Rot
    PL was able to deal with it. The thing is, if you're going to want to run map - you WILL learn. There are many L35-36 players I see that do not know what they're doing, but in a week or two when I check back - they are running along quite smoothly.

@ Miracle
    Yes, but the actual definition of veteran isn't applied here. It's based on the Centurion rewards. 6 months of time invested in a game only to find out that it's a nonupdated game is quite a blow it is not.

This solution has already been implemented once in PL and it was rather successful. I don't see why it can't happen again.

If I remember correctly, STG also hooked up those L65 characters with angel sets. They could do a similar move in AL, as Rot suggested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Im done with my share of leveling..level 30 is fine with me. since endgame bosses are hard and time consuming (Norder onward). I have lost the motivation to level in AL. the only motivation I have is holiday stuff. Even if we were to have this incentive to level to 35, gear would be an issue too...many play for mythic and the best pets (for there twinks or main), so how are they obtained..locked chests and elite chests.

Not tying to sound like I don't like your idea (Apollo aka Zeus), but casual players like me don't see why leveling to that level is beneficial if the better to best stuff is locked or in elite. I would like somethings in regular areas also. leveling is just a number in my head....so devs gotta show me and casual players at 35+ you can do this and get this..and a bit of effort you can get this ect..but enough to be good and not die often at those levels.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Im done with my share of leveling..level 30 is fine with me. since endgame bosses are hard and time consuming (Norder onward). I have lost the motivation to level in AL. the only motivation I have is holiday stuff. Even if we were to have this incentive to level to 35, gear would be an issue too...many play for mythic and the best pets (for there twinks or main), so how are they obtained..locked chests and elite chests.

Not tying to sound like I don't like your idea (Apollo aka Zeus), but casual players like me don't see why leveling to that level is beneficial if the better to best stuff is locked or in elite. I would like somethings in regular areas also. leveling is just a number in my head....so devs gotta show me and casual players at 35+ you can do this and get this..and a bit of effort you can get this ect..but enough to be good and not die often at those levels.
    Hey Octavos,

In this, you're saying from what I understood is that you're a casual player, yes? Well, traditionally in most MMOs, you're not going to be able to earn the best gear/best pets by being a casual player. Instead, you'll be able to get the casual gear/casual pets, both of which are perfectly fine to run elites in.

This is why I also said that STG could provide them with a decent set that will be able to take the brute force of elite farming. Of course, it should be scaled enough to not throw off the balance of mythics, arcanes, and the elite legendaries that you obtain from farming.

If they want mythics/best pets, they're going to have to put in the effort for it. I did it, and no, I didn't pay for it. I've learned in AL, at least in my case, spending platinum does NOT get you rich. Believe me, I have 20k plat of opened locked crates without a mythic or arcane to show for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hey Octavos,

In this, you're saying from what I understood is that you're a casual player, yes? Well, traditionally in most MMOs, you're not going to be able to earn the best gear/best pets by being a casual player. Instead, you'll be able to get the casual gear/casual pets, both of which are perfectly fine to run elites in.

This is why I also said that STG could provide them with a decent set that will be able to take the brute force of elite farming. Of course, it should be scaled enough to not throw off the balance of mythics, arcanes, and the elite legendaries that you obtain from farming.

If they want mythics/best pets, they're going to have to put in the effort for it. I did it, and no, I didn't pay for it. I've learned in AL, at least in my case, spending platinum does NOT get you rich. Believe me, I have 20k plat of opened locked crates without a mythic or arcane to show for it.
    Hi bud,
    Still doesn't point out the benefit to level jumping. I was jumped in PL and when I got to that level...my gear and stats were good but in humania it was a 1-shot hell for the level jumped people. I believe that the levels from AL are a bit more balanced then PL 1-shot levels. Now thats the point casual players wont run elite, I don't, and thats what i'm saying...some good gear needs to be dropped in normal runs..not only elites. The effort you have put into AL I commend you on that..but a person like me will use the level up..and just farm lower levels. Because I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel there has to be something more compelling after the jump, because at lv 30 and lv 35 there isn't much difference besides levels that you can play and armors. IN PL you wanted to cap because of the Vanity set that help boost your stats and SL arbiter sets. Why do you want to work hard just for a banner.

But still like the idea to bring PL players to AL...but a free lv 35...probably not..maybe a lv25
    Last edited by octavos; 01-10-2014 at 12:23 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

If al already has 10x the population of pl, then I don't see pulling ppl into that game as helping the viability of pl.
    If devs want to do something that would require any work, I'd rather see that time and effort go into pl even if it isn't something big like a cap.
    An event here would be a better thank you.
    Besides I'm already 35 there and prefer many things about this game.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Hi bud,
    Still doesn't point out the benefit to level jumping. I was jumped in PL and when I got to that level...my gear and stats were good but in humania it was a 1-shot hell for the level jumped people. I believe that the levels from AL are a bit more balanced then PL 1-shot levels. Now thats the point casual players wont run elite, I don't, and thats what i'm saying...some good gear needs to be dropped in normal runs..not only elites. The effort you have put into AL I commend you on that..but a person like me will use the level up..and just farm lower levels. Because I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel there has to be something more compelling after the jump, because at lv 30 and lv 35 there isn't much difference besides levels that you can play and armors. IN PL you wanted to cap because of the Vanity set that help boost your stats and SL arbiter sets. Why do you want to work hard just for a banner.
    The benefit is it negates the reason why many players aren't coming over is due to the time invested. Personally, for me, I didn't want to level. It took me two-three expansions to hit the first cap because I was so unmotivated. All I wanted to do was farm. I didn't want to have to waste platinum for leveling.

Again, that's just a personal opinion. Like for any controversial idea, there's always going to be downfalls, but personally I don't see how a free L35 character could possibly be a bad thing other than people not knowing how to use the character correctly. And in my opinion, that issue is avoidable because there's many guides on how to elite farm different campaign maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

I'm not sure about AL but people tend to boot players with random gears in BSM in PL. I just hope that the AL community will not be as mean..

I still think the tutorials in both PL and AL need improvement. And a guide or a simple list of recommended skills should be added into the Skills page of AL. It's a tough decision, trying to decide which 4 skills you're going to use. I've personally experienced that multiple times, and I always had to wait for a free respec weekend. Guides on forums are all different builds so it's more confusing than helpful.

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

I like the idea, thats it. No more comments needed