I have noticed that the models for armor are limited. This is understandable considering the processing limitations of the platform. What if the quests that unlock the special armor also allowed use of that armor's model/color on other pieces of gear? Once you have unlocked the model/color you would have the option of customizing other armors to look that way.

Here are some implementation ideas:
-Complete the quest and for you that NPC gains the ability to customize either the model or color of your armor
-Make the quest repeatable and you must do it over again for each piece of armor you want customized
-Make a special customization NPC in one of the new towns who can customize armor and who gains new skills as you complete earlier quests
-Charge gold for the customization process (or even charge plat for certain extra cool customizations)

This would fix several issues:
-There would be motivation to finish quests even if they did not give experience
-When I got the super cool looking blood red skull set of gear all of the pieces were downgrades. They looked cool, but they will never see use in combat because they can't compare to the stats on my current gear.
-This would increase variation in appearance and allow for further character customization so we don't have everyone running around at level 50 in the same set armor *cough* world of warcraft *cough*

Another customization idea would be to allow any prefix/suffix to be added to any white item by destroying three other items with that prefix/suffix. For instance, say I am a warrior and I want some pink armor with M/s but there isn't any at level 25. I bring a base white plate mail to an NPC as well as three green items with the Wizard's prefix. I destroy the three green Wizard's items and now my white armor is a green Wizard's plate mail. This would fix the lack of item variation I brought up in my feedback post on that topic.