Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why we didn't make a new expansion for Pocket Legends in 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Veal View Post
    Come out with a version for kindle fire with all ur games not just PL and i would be happy i been wantimg to try ur other games but i cant get them on kimdle fire
    Lol @ this kid....

You are now crying on that website, where all kindle users download their STG games.
    BTW who even buys kindle fires? No Play store? Laggy? Bad screen?

Best tablets ATM are googles nexus tablets, and Samsung note tablets. In windows world best tablets are surface pro 2 and Nokia Lumia 2520.

Kindle fire is near DENVER and DIEL. Basically crap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Sadly, it looks like PL has met the end of its path . BUT that DOES NOT mean we should give up on STS! I know this may be a bit tough on some of you....but if a family member of yours passed ( again, i apologize ) then should you spend the rest of your life crying for them? No. Do something for them! Make them proud! One way too do this is give Pocket Legends' siblings a chance ( AL, SL, DL, and many more too come ). Think about it. Heck, maybe if we, as a community continue to grow, and get more people into AL, maybe they will give PL a chance? You never know. I'm not saying to give up on PL completely, but too give STS' new games a try. Thank you sam, this post really did change my view at STS.
    ~Skull.
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SkullCrusher For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Be positive guys! I sometimes cry about Pl not getting updates at night but I shall always keep in touch with the game. But crying also make me relieved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey gang,

So, we've been having a bit of discussion about Pocket Legends in this thread: What if they could sell Pocket Legends?. The idea is, if Spacetime won't create a new expansion or serious, large scale development of Pocket Legends, could they sell the game and someone else would? The short answer to that question is no. Check out that thread if you're interested.

I wanted to give some background as to why in 2013 we didn't put out an expansion to Pocket Legends.

Preface: We Care
    First, I want to preface this that everyone at Spacetime cares a lot about all of our games. This comes top down from our CEO Gary Gattis, who, for those who might not know, is JustG on these forums. Some good background about his sentiments can be found at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1293272

I care a lot too. Check my forum registration date: Feb 2010. I've been here since the start of Pocket Legends and I care a lot about it and Spacetime too. That's why I'm taking time out of my busy Sunday looking after my 2 and 3 year old kids (my wife works on weekends) to write this.

About Spacetime:
    Spacetime is a small company. We're apx 35 people (that's all told, everyone: Customer Support, HR, QA, Design, Art, Tech, Operations, Production). We're not fat cat executives sitting in ivory towers. Far from it. We're middle class dudes and gals trying to follow our zen and make games we love. If you want to learn more about Spacetime's history check out this video done by local TV station KLRU about Spacetime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vePaOAey2AA

For perspective, that video was done just a bit before Arcane Legends launched, so the "coming soon" game referenced at the end is AL.

Rewind to Winter 2012
    If we roll back to Q4 (Oct,Nov,Dec) of 2012. We put together the "Rediscover Alterra" plan to re-energize Pocket Legends. 2 new classes (Fox and Rhino) and did a big PR push to try and get new users. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rfest-and-More

Unfortunately, it didn't work. We saw pretty small pickup from a lot of work. Why? Well, I chalk it up to PL being dated and probably the time of year. People get really excited about new things, you know? Despite how much shine we put on Pocket Legends, it isn't new anymore. Over the past 4 years we've tried a lot to grow Pocket Legends: TV commercial, hardware promotions (remember the Xperia Play?), PR outreach, expansions, features and lots more. We have a pretty good sense of what Pocket Legends will do. It is a testament to the game that after all this time it has a vibrant community with thousands of people playing daily still.

Ok, back to winter of 2012. At the same time that we were trying to re-energize Pocket Legends, we launched Arcane Legends. Arcane is the spiritual successor to Pocket Legends. When we considered trying to re-vamp Pocket (new graphics engine, fix balance issues, etc.) you just realize that it's easier to build a whole new game rather than change up an existing game. That's basically what we did (along with everything we learned from Star Legends and Dark Legends).

Arcane Legends was a huge hit and remains our biggest game yet. Over the course of 2013 it made the most sense to feed that beast. We have aggressively developed Arcane to maintain it's momentum. It is a testament to Arcane that it has received critical acclaim (Best Mobile MMO Awards for 2012) and continues (Best Mobile MMO Award for 2013). I know that some Pocket Legends fans might get tired of hearing about Arcane Legends, but it's the truth.

Servicing your Fans
    In the earlier thread forum poster Oldcoot wrote:

To that point, we are servicing the majority of our fans, because that majority are playing Arcane (and to a lesser extent our newer Battle Games). On any given day there are 100,000's of players playing Arcane and the Battle Games (compared to thousands playing Pocket).

We do continue to support Pocket Legends. Check out DocDoBig's Timeline: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-PL-s-Timeline Sure, it isn't the expansion some of you want, but we're not doing "nothing."

Running a Business
    As I'm sure Oldcoot can attest, running a business is not easy. For anyone who's evaluated a Profit/Loss statement or been involved in the running of an actual business with employees, overhead, facility, insurance, taxes, payroll, etc. I'm sure you can agree. If we don't run Spacetime well, then yeah, we could go the way of many other companies that can't continue making a go of it and fold up shop. That means we need to make some hard decisions.

The cost of a full on 5 level expansion, 5 new zones, 5 new bosses, new minions, all new items, new class skills, etc. Pocket Legends expansion is the same (if not more because we haven't done one in a while) as an Arcane Legends expansion. Now, if you can do something for 100 people (just making up numbers for the sake of discussion) or do something for that costs the same for 10,000 people, which do you think will pay back better? The 10,000 audience option. That, in a nutshell, is why we haven't done an expansion for Pocket Legends (or that sort of expansion for Star Legends or Dark Legends, even though we did expand those two games level caps in 2013).

Why don't you just hire more people?
    Another argument I hear is, well just hire more people to make stuff for Pocket (or Star or Dark). This goes back to running a smart business. You have to make the tough choices that keep your business running. You can't play loose and free with other people's livelyhood and drive your business into the red and force you to close up shop. The short answer is that it won't pay back. Again, we know how these games perform. We have run them for years. As free to play games, the vast majority of our players download the game for free to their device, have some fun with it and never spend anything. It's just how they work out. We really appreciate those who value the games enough that do go on to make a purchase and support us.

If we were to hire more people just to make a Pocket Legends expansion and then have the $$ made from that expansion not pay back enough to allow us to keep those people, should we do it? No. Simple enough.

What we can do
    2014 is an exciting time. We have the next thing cooking for Arcane and the Battle games. We have a good line up of events for all games coming (if Double XP or the like isn't your thing, ok fine, but for some people it is a lot of fun, so please don't rain on their parade). Yes, we will also continue to develop new games. For those who hate on us making new games - come on, don't you like new games? We know now that making a great new game is the best way for us to "raise the water" of our company. Honestly, if we hadn't made Arcane Legends, Spacetime very likely wouldn't be around (at least in its current incarnation). We want Spacetime to grow. Exciting new games is the way to do that.

For Pocket Legends specifically, JustG wants us to do more so we'll find a way. That won't be a full on expansion, but we can take swings as we have done before: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t-Nerf-of-2013

Thanks
    Thanks. Seriously. If you care enough about Pocket Legends to have read all of the above, then I want to hear from you. This ended up a bit longer than what I had in mind. If yer a hater that is just gonna hate because I haven't committed to a level cap raise and expansion well /sigh, ok. But if you have some constructive input about Pocket Legends, then please reply.
    In the first place I want to thank you, this was really clarifying. Well im a very loyal player of PL (From 2011 and 5 capped). I really understand what you mean, your company is most important. So you tried to invest in PL to make it hot again. What you did is that you added 2 classes. This investment failed and youre giving PL the fault of this. Well think again. I think most people agree with me, when i say Rhino and Fox sucks. Those classes didnt really add up to the game. They arent as cool as Mage, Bird or Bear. After this you say that you tried to make PL hot again, but you just tried 1 thing... Maybe a new cap wouldnt be as smart to add, because it wouldnt attract new players. But im sure youre smart enough to make up something. You say you love PL, then howcome you tried one thing and then neglect it?!

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #265
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Tauafe,

The new classes are not the only thing we've ever done with Pocket Legends. Far from it. We've taken the game from what, 25 levels at the start of it to 76, lots of contests, events PR pushes and more. We have a pretty darn good idea about what the game will do.

We know you guys want stuff for your favorite game - everyone does. We will keep trying to do right by as many of our customers that we can.

My apologies for not being more active to replies in this thread - we're pretty slammin' here at Spacetime with the AL expansion and next client for Battle Command!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hey Sam,

Thank you for posting this thread, I'm sure we all appreciate it, I know AL has 10x the population of what we have in PL and you must keep going on updating it. AL is making much more money for the company I noticed, I just want to say thank you for PL, I have met tons of good friend in here, maybe they will all quit soon, but I will always know and remember them. I have met people here IRL tell them stories. I know your main focus is AL atm, but please promise us update us in the future, it would be very great as all we do is probably PvPing..

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Working on introducing our new Community Manager and putting together more about what's coming for 2014. Don't worry, you guys are still very much on my mind.
    Did I miss the introduction? Or are we still waiting? Any news would be great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shilooo View Post
    Did I miss the introduction? Or are we still waiting? Any news would be great!
    Hey shiloo,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...angout-on-1-23

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CruelBlast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey Tauafe,

The new classes are not the only thing we've ever done with Pocket Legends. Far from it. We've taken the game from what, 25 levels at the start of it to 76, lots of contests, events PR pushes and more. We have a pretty darn good idea about what the game will do.

We know you guys want stuff for your favorite game - everyone does. We will keep trying to do right by as many of our customers that we can.

My apologies for not being more active to replies in this thread - we're pretty slammin' here at Spacetime with the AL expansion and next client for Battle Command!
    Thank you for your quick reply. Maybe I was wrong about saying that you guys didnt do your best on working on PL, as you are very active on the PLforum haha. I understand that you focus on the bigprofit games like AL. Youre running a company! That's OK. But I and many other people hope that you people of STS make a new cap. It dont has to be soon, we can wait! Maybe reserve one hour working on PL after the whole day AL (-;. You can take your time. But if you already know that this aint gonna happen, that there will be no new cap for PL, can you please tell us? That way i can make my choice what to do in the future.

(Offtopic: I read on the forum about a new 3year veteran shield for PL. Is it for real?)

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #270
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tauafe View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply. Maybe I was wrong about saying that you guys didnt do your best on working on PL, as you are very active on the PLforum haha. I understand that you focus on the bigprofit games like AL. Youre running a company! That's OK. But I and many other people hope that you people of STS make a new cap. It dont has to be soon, we can wait! Maybe reserve one hour working on PL after the whole day AL (-;. You can take your time. But if you already know that this aint gonna happen, that there will be no new cap for PL, can you please tell us? That way i can make my choice what to do in the future.

(Offtopic: I read on the forum about a new 3year veteran shield for PL. Is it for real?)
    The future is a misty place of many possibilities. I won't say never to a level cap raise for PL - just being upfront that we're not making one currently.

As for the 3 year veteran shield, yeah I could hack one in myself, but it wouldn't look as cool as it should. I'm holding out some time for our Art team to have some time to make it as awesome as it should be.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
    Sadly, it looks like PL has met the end of its path . BUT that DOES NOT mean we should give up on STS! I know this may be a bit tough on some of you....but if a family member of yours passed ( again, i apologize ) then should you spend the rest of your life crying for them? No. Do something for them! Make them proud! One way too do this is give Pocket Legends' siblings a chance ( AL, SL, DL, and many more too come ). Think about it. Heck, maybe if we, as a community continue to grow, and get more people into AL, maybe they will give PL a chance? You never know. I'm not saying to give up on PL completely, but too give STS' new games a try. Thank you sam, this post really did change my view at STS.
    ~Skull.
    Then just wait for that game to die when sts makes a new one

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Grrrrimadoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

The future is a misty place of many possibilities. I won't say never to a level cap raise for PL - just being upfront that we're not making one currently.

As for the 3 year veteran shield, yeah I could hack one in myself, but it wouldn't look as cool as it should. I'm holding out some time for our Art team to have some time to make it as awesome as it should be.
    Sam, you know those PL shield pictures on the facebook page?
    Can't you just photoshop them onto the already existing PL shield, but replace color?

off topic, but i'd wish there was a 3yr pl shield with animated fire on it (like with that lvl76 vanity eye shield) and in the middle has the PL logo..

Wishful thinking...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Sam, thanks for the excellent thread, on how you are helping your customers. Now, as a I go on, please just look as this is sort of an explanation, for why all this is going on. As I read on forums, I see loads of threads on how people complain, or nag about the cap isn't here, or why won't they. It is quite sad that Sam has to post this just to calm us down with a explanation, which is ridiculous. Sam, I applaud you trying to calm down the stress level of these players. However, I also noticed all the things they STS, has done to make what we love and charish better for us in the thread, http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t-Nerf-of-2013, where I saw some of the tries to make us players happy. But this is unacceptable, acting as children, I understand we are customers, but jeez they are working for us, there is no need for all of this madness. By the way, I think it is just a repeat of the years before, I think it has happened more than once I do recall, we playing PL during the winter time, and things start to intense up, and I swear this happens every winter I played, people have begged for a cap lol, I will edit this as I research for dates, to back this up. But in all seriousness, all we can do is have patience, and push through this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkbby View Post
    Sam, thanks for the excellent thread, on how you are helping your customers. Now, as a I go on, please just look as this is sort of an explanation, for why all this is going on. As I read on forums, I see loads of threads on how people complain, or nag about the cap isn't here, or why won't they. It is quite sad that Sam has to post this just to calm us down with a explanation, which is ridiculous. Sam, I applaud you trying to calm down the stress level of these players. However, I also noticed all the things they STS, has done to make what we love and charish better for us in the thread, http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t-Nerf-of-2013, where I saw some of the tries to make us players happy. But this is unacceptable, acting as children, I understand we are customers, but jeez they are working for us, there is no need for all of this madness. By the way, I think it is just a repeat of the years before, I think it has happened more than once I do recall, we playing PL during the winter time, and things start to intense up, and I swear this happens every winter I played, people have begged for a cap lol, I will edit this as I research for dates, to back this up. But in all seriousness, all we can do is have patience, and push through this.
    But have we ever gone a year and a half without an expansion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Hey Sam,
    So will there be any pvp balances/new sets/new features if there isn't gonna be a new cap soon?
    Thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrimadoggy View Post
    But have we ever gone a year and a half without an expansion?
    I'm sorry, but if you cannot simply wait, and you do not like decisions STS are making, be my guest and leave. As stated by Sam, they are working on changing things to make things better for the whole of the community, so please stressing things does not make this any better. Lighten Up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkbby View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you cannot simply wait, and you do not like decisions STS are making, be my guest and leave. As stated by Sam, they are working on changing things to make things better for the whole of the community, so please stressing things does not make this any better. Lighten Up.
    That's basically what I did.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Hey Tauafe,

Please keep responding to posts. Several old ones have been over looked.
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

All I can say is well done Sam and you made great choices, hope to see a great future in PL and AL and all your games.. I'll always be here to play them all :-)
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pl to Al is hard. These are the reasons I don't like Al (cuz I'm a pl player) 1. there are no combo, it feels so slow to level up (becuz being used to Pl). That's probably why u guys make more money ... (people need to buy elixers) 2. Jow come u can't rotate camera in Al ??? It's just wierd :S