Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please pay attention on trades

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Exclamation Please pay attention on trades

Today... was a great day.

I was selling mirage for 3.4 guy was like ok.. he put 3.4m and he said here I dont need this put halloween armor and idk
    how he changed the money to 350k at the same time and I got scammed... It was so quick didnt even notice Iit.

Please guys pay attention now might happen to you too and you won't even notice it..

Heads up guys

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Freobr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Oh man, im so sorry that happened to you. It sucks
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mennddoza View Post
    Oh man, im so sorry that happened to you. It sucks
    sorry to hear.

if the offer sounds too good to be true, be extra careful!
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freobr View Post

I was selling mirage for 3.4 guy was like ok.. he put 3.4m and he said here I dont need this put halloween armor and idk
    how he changed the money to 350k at the same time and I got scammed... It was so quick didnt even notice Iit.

Please guys pay attention now might happen to you too and you won't even notice it..

Heads up guys
    Oh no, i'm sorry to hear that.

It almost happened to me yesterday. I was trading a guy who kept saying"selling green ice xbow for 100k!", so i tought i was a good deal, and i traded. He showed me the green xbow and imidiatly left trade and said "sorry lag", he traded again and instead of puting the green ice xbow he tried to sell me the blue shivering xbow (the green and blue shivering items have the same names, so it's hard to see).I almost did the trade but i paid attention luckly.

Always pay attention when you trade someone, that's why there is a second "confirm" required when you trade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Freobr told me IG about this, but just look at those people. Just imagine the kind of people that are behind those characters. You need to have some dignity, those people I'm afraid, don't have it...
    Thank you Freobr for letting us know about this scam, but be cautious in the future. If you need any help please do ask me here on the forums or IG via PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

It's so easy to mis-read numbers in the millions in the current interface, both trade window and CS listings. The difference between 5 and 6 zeroes at the end of a number can get even a careful player. STS could make these kinds of scams nearly impossible to pull off if they'd just add comma separators to large numbers. You might misread the difference between 3400000 and 340000, but you're pretty much guaranteed to see 3,400,000 vs 340,000.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    It's so easy to mis-read numbers in the millions in the current interface, both trade window and CS listings. The difference between 5 and 6 zeroes at the end of a number can get even a careful player. STS could make these kinds of scams nearly impossible to pull off if they'd just add comma separators to large numbers. You might misread the difference between 3400000 and 340000, but you're pretty much guaranteed to see 3,400,000 vs 340,000.
    Truth

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Agreed. This is an easy implication that's a must have.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Default Please pay attention on trades

Why doesn't STS do the same thing with AL? In AL, to avoid scamming, they put commas where they should be. Considering the gold cap is 100 mil in AL, 10000000 doesn't look far away from 100000000 and it should be implemented in this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Prolly they will say it is too much code. Hopefully not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

+1 Fusionstrike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Sorry to hear that...
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Nice suggestion fusion. You really got some great ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imcarla:1426481

Heads up guys

It almost happened to me yesterday. I was trading a guy who kept saying"selling green ice xbow for 100k!", so i tought i was a good deal, and i traded. He showed me the green xbow and imidiatly left trade and said "sorry lag", he traded again and instead of puting the green ice xbow he tried to sell me the blue shivering xbow (the green and blue shivering items have the same names, so it's hard to see).I almost did the trade but i paid attention luckly.

Always pay attention when you trade someone, that's why there is a second "confirm" required when you trade.
    Exact same thing happened to me. Except he wqs like "Sorry my brotber was pulling on me" I immideatley reported him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Today I was buying some glyphic blade steels from someone and at last minute he changed them to glyphic weapon woods, and I didn't even notice! So, I ended up paying 640k for two glyphic weapon woods.. Sigh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imcarla View Post

Heads up guys

That happened to me this morning, Probably the same guy I encountered, he was talking about some Bruce lee movies trying to distract me lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Who knew xplicit had smart people in it Thought we were just a bunch a trolls that tried to pve

Jk you rock man! Keep up the capping and sword vlods face for all those deaths he got us in our numerous runs to reach the cap!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Int View Post
    That happened to me this morning, Probably the same guy I encountered, he was talking about some Bruce lee movies trying to distract me lmao
    Yeah he tried to distract me and almost got me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Watch what u put in Cs .. I had 3 lvl 73 flying helm and 1 swift helm .. I put the swift helm for 150k...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yah now I've lost total of 11mil to scammers. And no matter how fair you want to be towards everyone you always get @$!* back from kids.

I did check its 3. 4 and he changed it and that I didn't..
    Last edited by Freobr; 01-15-2014 at 01:03 AM.