Thread: Is it rude...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Is it rude...

I was reading another post talking about if it's rude to ask or not say thx for res. I'm a noob and had some questions about what is or isn't rude. (and I thought it would be interesting to see what others think is rude).

1) Do people want to go solo? If I find someone I will stay with them to battle together. Most of the times, people pause to allow me/or others to catch up after rooms are cleared. Sometime when there is only one other player playing, esp with higher level characters, they do not seem to wait. Am I annoying them. (BTW I give my all in battle, not just hanging back to collect points).

2) I have a hard time concentrating on all the action, and don't text well, so I don't write/respond to messages. this is probably rude, huh? Probably need to learn to do this.

3) sometimes I have 5 or 10 minutes to kill. Is it rude to play and leave in the middle of a level? I wait until the room or area is cleared, but I always feel guilty. (I'm a little to loyal to my teammates)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

1) IMO, you're playing with other people, you should wait for them. And communicate what you plan to do (if it's not obvious). If they don't want to play with others, they should create a locked game and boot anyone who enters or ask them to leave. Or explain that they won't be waiting. But they shouldn't just rush ahead without others, without communicating.

2) I think most people would understand that. Just try to get a few words in between mobs. Sometimes I'm with a team and we're talking so much we keep dying lol. But it's ok if we're all just laid back and enjoying it. Some people might get upset with that, who knows. I usually chat more if I'm playing with people I play with often.

3) That does annoy me, when people just poof in middle of a game and we have to find a replacement. If you only have a few minutes to play, explain it when you join, so the team is prepared for it. And for god's sake, please dont leave in middle or right before a boss fight.
    I remember an otherwise good player, who was farming with us for a few games, left right after OL, while the rest of us were running to Gurg to use our leftover elixer. We were able to bea him anyways, I think, but it would have been nice if the playr stayed for 5 more minutes to finish with us. Bc at that point we weren't going to find another player in time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You care too much about what others think... Relax and just kill things and have fun.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you have to leave in the middle of a level just say "I gtg Cyas" or "I gtg sorry guys " or something. Don't just dissapear- that is rude, but an explanation makes it not as bad. I leave in the middle of a level all the time, usually because some family member is bothering me or a parent is when I'm not supposed to be on PL, in those occasions I try and shoot off a gtg, but usually people understand if you go back later and explain.
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No one really talks in this game unless they aren't selling you something. So I say no you don't have to ask this, explain that. Just play. Others will let you know if your not on the same page. I assume higher levels on low level map wouldnt mind stragglers if the game isnt locked or they havent booted you. I join in. I do agree stay for the whole map. If you can't, you can't. It happens to every one.
    Last edited by Torrentula81; 11-25-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=Torrentula81;129724]No one really talks in this game unless they aren't selling you something.[\quote]

Lol well u must not play with anyone I do. Like lesrider said sometimes we are talking and laughing soooo much that it's a death fest.

As far as leaving during a game, I used to think it was rude to just leave. I do understand if u at least say sorry gtg if it was unexpected but..... I have lagged so much recently and pl has frozen up and shuts off that I'm sure people have gotten pissed off. Lol You certainly can't help that. I try to go back into the same game but on victory lap u can quickly be replaced so....
    Anyway, higher levels should wait for lower lvls esp. If in lower dungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I explain if I have to go. And if others do, I try to remember that life happens sometimes. The worst response I got was in Balefort (I think) playing as a lower level bird. Made my apologies about halfway through because I had an appointment to get to and got "f*** you" as a response. I just told the guy, "I love you, too" and left.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

If people are soloing, let them be, and go ahead and participate with your heart. They probably see you as an unimportant tick, so it doesn't really matter what the hell you do.

Typing during action is a lot more convenient with an iPad, but honestly, the veterans will understand. Try getting to know people in towne and friendly games so that in the hardcore matches unsaid words are understood.

It is sort of annoying to have someone leave in the middle, but I never had hard feelings about anyone who participated.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I figured out the quick text. it helps.

Another dumb question. I've gotten a lot of friend requests, usually between battles, but have not figured out how to accept quickly. there must be a way.

and what does being a friend even mean? (can I write back that I am commitment phobic, and would rather just have sex?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I wouldn't feel too guilty about leaving a casual low level game, especially if you helped to clear the immediate attackers like you say you do. For higher level farming games things are different - and I think that's what Lesrider and the others may be talking about. You really need a good group of five level 50s to make those work and it can be hard to gather a good team, so that's why it can be annoying when people leave. But I definitely wouldn't worry if you have to leave, say, in the middle of a Balefort Castle game. Like others said a quick "got to go" is always appreciated, though not strictly necessary in my opinion.

Btw, the fact that you even took time to think about what's polite and not puts you far above a very large number of PL players I've head the misfortune of meeting. So don't worry about it - there are so many people who don't even try to be nice... If you're trying to be nice you're gonna be okay.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Just saw your last post. A lot of people will send random friend requests to anyone in town - don't feel at all that you need to accept them. It's always okay to reject a friend request from a random person you don't really know - no explanation is needed.

Being on the friends list means different things to different people. Some will add everyone (so they can quickly invite lots of people to their games) and others will only add people after they've played with them many times, talked to them and became friends in the real life sense of the word. It's up to you to choose which way you want to go.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks. but is there a quick accept button on the main screen or do I have to go somewhere else to accept?

I've had a few with players who seem to be compatible with the way I play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

They stay in your request list until you accept or refuse. So just accept them at the end of the run, when you're done battling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Didn't see that button. I have a few pages to got through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaabob View Post
    If you have to leave in the middle of a level just say "I gtg Cyas" or "I gtg sorry guys " or something. Don't just dissapear- that is rude, but an explanation makes it not as bad. I leave in the middle of a level all the time, usually because some family member is bothering me or a parent is when I'm not supposed to be on PL, in those occasions I try and shoot off a gtg, but usually people understand if you go back later and explain.
    But again, it's probably best to finish the level before leaving if you can afford to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I say thanks every time i get a rez, seems like the nice thing to do.

If your level 1 in a level 45-50 AO3 instance, I also will not rez you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Torrentula81 View Post
    No one really talks in this game unless they aren't selling you something. So I say no you don't have to ask this, explain that. Just play. Others will let you know if your not on the same page. I assume higher levels on low level map wouldnt mind stragglers if the game isnt locked or they havent booted you. I join in. I do agree stay for the whole map. If you can't, you can't. It happens to every one.
    Some people have a friends list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

(1) Personally, I have no problems with people entering a public game and following me around. If I don't want it, I would have made a private game. It would help, in cases where a high level is running, to understand how to run with them; to understand that if you attack a mob, that mob will then switch to attack you, which if someone is gathering, can be a bit disrupting. Also, if you are being attacked and want help, it's a good idea to stick NEAR the high level person, so that person can attack and therefore get the mob's attention. Or they can heal you. The high level cannot heal you from across the map.

(2) People should try to talk or respond, but I also understand typing is not easy on these devices and of course, you can be fighting. So I always don't expect a comment back or can wait for one. No problems. I don't think others have problems either. I've answered back messages after a few fights and the people just talk back to me normally, so I really don't think that's an issue. Talking gets easier as you get used to playing. Or is that used to dying? Since some deaths are because you're in the middle of talking

(3) I think it's ok to leave when you have to. It'd be good to say something: "gtg wizz" or something :P but I think most people know it's a mobile game and some people play in-between things or on line, etc.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 11-28-2010 at 01:30 AM.