Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elite rings for quest or something like that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Elite rings for quest or something like that?

How about giving a chance for newbies to have elite rings but you dont know how. Sts gave reward 6 mons veteran players in having pl shield, how about adding a chance for those who have PL shield the option to buy dingy helm to make cop and eventually get an elite ring.

The numbers of newbie having elite rings will be limited bec the options can be only be granted for those players who played 6 mons or more and sts will gained money because we have to purchase plat.

Thank you and Good day!
    Last edited by Samhayne; 01-19-2014 at 11:34 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ijooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Horrible...

Players who played 6 months over are not newbs? Just because they're 6 months old they can buy cap vanities from previous caps?

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Elite items must stay Elite and for those who capped. Imo you are not talking about elite ring but having a CoP. Elite ring is not required to be a good player ( check angeldawn's thread ). If StG give a chance to "new" players to get 2 or 3pc ring, they must create a new one.
    Bang Bang I shot you down
    Bang Bang you hit the ground
    Bang Bang that awful sound
    Bang Bang I used to shoot you down -Nancy Sinatra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I agree that 6 months is nothing, I also agree that making CoP another executed rarity would bring just another anger (btw I dont have CoP and I'd do really lot to get, but understand rules ).

But I also agree that even players with 1 previous cap should be allowed to get elite ring. What all of you old players say is truth, but feel into new guys. Easy to speak about how bad is allowing new playes to have your (our) betefits, since you have it all. Refreshing some old cap item wouldnt be cool, yea, kinda unfair. But think about past, some players bought so many Dingy's and crafted on multiple chars which never hit l56 cap, is that fair? I dont say either yes or no, just think about it.

I disagree that old players should be proffiting from their past forever, letting new players suffer in lack of oportunities. You capped before, was elite, ejnoyed gifts, special benefits pretty long time. Maybe its time to end that season and allow others to enjoy some.

I have one suggestion, which I wanted to put in it's own thread, but I'll lay it here. Its about quests. We have 213 quests in pocket legends, few of them pretty tough to do. Most of players dont care about quests at all, except some which brings best rewards. I have ewer wondered, why there is no achievemend for havng some quest done? For example: Vampire- You have done all Mount Fang quest... Worth considering isn't it? And, to get till the point, for completeng every single quest in game, there might be elite vanity, perhaps even choice of them (shield, helm, armor) to pic the one u miss for ring-set. Questing is the least cheatable task in game, due to what I think. And honestly, we all miss tasks like that. It takes serious time to complete all quests, you also need to cap for it, because of dragon quest etc. So, this solution may make both sides happy with no requirements for new cap.

Interrested in your oppinions, and dev oppinion aswell.

Regards
    Last edited by BroadCastle; 01-19-2014 at 09:44 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BroadCastle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Welp 4 of my 5 endgame toons don't have elite rings and I do just fine with them.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Or, recolor the CoP, make it accesible only to players who have played 3 years+, and have to grind 80k XP in Balefort Sewers with no elixirs. You can use BSM gear though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheenivie View Post
    Welp 4 of my 5 endgame toons don't have elite rings and I do just fine with them.
    I believe you do indeed. This toppic is not about how necessarily do players need elite rings to be able to fight. It's about chance, motivation, and basically also about new stuff to awake interrest in game with low requirements on coding and working on new stuff.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Welp, if CoP was brought back to newbs like me, I'd rage, even though I never had a cap vanity. Bring another cap vanity that doesn't look anything like previous cap vanities, or just make Fallen Prince give you super duper hard PvE quest for the 3pc ring.
    And is it even needed? My endgame 75 bird does fine without 2pc/3pc ring. Heck, I don't even have a dragon ring, only a plat ring, nor do I have an elite bow either. I'm a little bit weaker then normal endgame birds, but I can still compete even with all these disadvantages.

All for one, and one for all.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    ^^ I watched a movie that he starred in yesterday

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Its just a suggestion for something new for us. If not cop just have new things and add more stuff to do like mustgain 100k xp before being awarded with cap vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BroadCastle View Post
    I disagree that old players should be proffiting from their past forever, letting new players suffer in lack of oportunities. You capped before, was elite, ejnoyed gifts, special benefits pretty long time. Maybe its time to end that season and allow others to enjoy some.

Regards
    Indeed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlyde View Post
    Elite items must stay Elite and for those who capped. Imo you are not talking about elite ring but having a CoP. Elite ring is not required to be a good player ( check angeldawn's thread ). If StG give a chance to "new" players to get 2 or 3pc ring, they must create a new one.
    Elite rings is still an advantage.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

why not just add more elite quests for 76 only to grant new vanities to recieve the ring.
    Only a few discontinued items preserve PL's history, since many keep being re-released as DotD's or other event items.
    Old items are reserved for old players. There are already 4 veteran items, which are rarely worn due to their non-exclusivity. The elite items of previous cap would just become worthless space fillers in your inventory if everyone was allowed to have them.

I agree totally that you deserve a chance for a 2 and 3 item elite ring, but it should be granted from new items.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

What lol... First off, my little brother (9yrs old) made an account back in 2012, leveled him to like 30 or so, and quit. Are you saying that my little 9yr old brother's L30 bear deserves a CoP? I don't see where any of your logic is, elite rings are for being ELITE and capping. CoP, Shield of Hollows, MFA, etc. are for being ELITE and being here back in the day to be able to get them. It makes absolutely no sense to be able to just randomly buy a CoP. They might as well make hacks legal, it'd be FUN and bring characters back to PL right?! Let's let them do whatever they want, since we're not bringing in as much cash flow as AL.

Terrible idea, -1.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

Hi Ijooo,

no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^ Trenton I'm not sure, that anyone suggested exactly what you curse. None from previous suggestions were about granting CoP just because of 3 years old account. So I basically dont even know whose Idea you trash...? And talking abou legalizing hacks is seriously in vain and makes you sound silly, no offense. This thread is pretty interresting, discussion is on toppic nowdays. Why do I feel you havent even read through comments and just throw dirt on sometjing? Sure, I understand you dont like idea of remaking CoP, neither do I as I said. Nevertheless, your post is irrelevant and unclear rage, letting me wonder what have made you so upset...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BroadCastle View Post
    ^ Trenton I'm not sure, that anyone suggested exactly what you curse. None from previous suggestions were about granting CoP just because of 3 years old account. So I basically dont even know whose Idea you trash...? And talking abou legalizing hacks is seriously in vain and makes you sound silly, no offense. This thread is pretty interresting, discussion is on toppic nowdays. Why do I feel you havent even read through comments and just throw dirt on sometjing? Sure, I understand you dont like idea of remaking CoP, neither do I as I said. Nevertheless, your post is irrelevant and unclear rage, letting me wonder what have made you so upset...?
    well he said don't bring back past elite awards and that's all i care about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^
    It's at least good manner to read through posts before you reply on main post, which you disagree with. Ijooo has already made some next comments upwards...

I also vote for keeping past vanities past, but here we got some nice ideas how to allow others to award rings etc. Shouting that "ELITE is ELITE and blah blah" doesn't seem like usefull post for me, eventhough I agree with base about old vanities.

Last edited by BroadCastle; 01-19-2014 at 11:52 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BroadCastle For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Covert:1433509
    well he said don't bring back past elite awards and that's all i care about
    Lol main point here is correct.

I don't see why the age of acc should even matter if someone started PL earlier this month and capped now, he should have every chance at a quest as dolloway.
    Elite means achievement not play time.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to fourleaf For This Useful Post: