Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Skills. (4)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Default Four Skills. (4)

I think it's obvious that some people use more than 4 skills.
    I think it's also obvious that there are only 4 skill slots.

The four skill slots were probably implemented as a balancing factor, more than 4 skills could make a class Superior to one.

For example; if there was a 6 skill slots, as a rogue I would use viel, massive armor and damage boost, razor shield (dodge), packs, aimed shot, noxious, and shadow piercer. That doesn't sound very fun to fight.

If the developers really wanted us to use more than 4 skills, they could've added more slots or implemented a Star Legends like system, you have 4 skills and if you press a button, you can switch to another 4 skills instataneously.

Clearly this was not added.

I think using more than 4 skills isn't really fair because

1. Not all classes can swap for maximum efficiency.
    2. There is no "wait"

---------------

1. Not all classes can swap for maximum efficiency, in terms of using more than 4 skills rogues are at a disadvantage;
    Sorcerers and Warriors have a 2 second invulnerability to any damage which is basically time to swap skills, on top of that Warriors have 6k health and 2k armor which makes swapping even more easy. If a rogue tried to swap, he/she would fail, there is no 2 second invulnerability to depend on, there is no shield to depend on.

2. There is no "wait", swapping skills is almost perfect for Mages and Warriors, buff up and swap to attack skills.

For example,

Sorcerers can easily use shield, apply curse to the opponent then stun the him/her, then quickly replace the skills on CD with more attack skills.

Warriors can use VB (damage and heal), Juggernaut (health boost and Rambo), Horn of renew( 2 sec invulnerability and heal), then swap to attack skills because the buffs are on CD.

Pet spamming is esentially the same thing and pet spamming is undergoing fixture.

There are many solutions to this illegitimate way of PvP.
    Here are some of my ideas.

1. Lock the swapping of skills on Cool Down. I personally think this is the best and simple solution, if the skill is on cool down, you can't swap it out.
    2. Limit skills to 4. Worst case scenario.

Constructive feedback is welcome, do not flame please.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Solid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Ik half of the warrior and mage population is going to hate on this thread and I am not supporting him because he is a friend, this thead is filled with logic!

Firstly, if sts intended for us to use more than 4 skills, there would be extra slots BUT there arent, sooooo guess what! You're not supposed to use more than 4..If you play the game like it is meant to, and not try to exploit the gaps (not everybody exploits it though) then it would be hella lot balanced.

Secondly, switching skills out wouldn't be such a problem (I wouldnt mind) IF all classes are able to do it. The warrior can easily switch skills because of high armor and hp, then comes the mage, they have one of THE best defence skills: Arcane shield - both of the classes have 2 seconds to switch out skills. Then comes the rogue which has the least survivability overall, we rogues cannot switch skills out because we have NO skills that provide us with invincibility and if we stand in the same place for 2 seconds inactive, we will easily die, as tested.

Lastly, this 'trick' topples the balance of classes hugely, it gives some classes inkredble survivability along with damage.

This doesn't apply to everybody switching out skills, its just to those that do it in mid fights which is really frustrating and unfair.

My 2 cents :/
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Prepare for them Ctf ,they will soon be here ranting that you are wrong.

As for me i think when you start a 1vs1 fight you shouldn't change anything. If you do it's no more a fair fight it has been contaminated. This include pet,skill,gear changing.

After you die then change whatever you want and have a second fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

First!!

Ok, heres a thought that i would like to give.

Rogue Do not need a 5th skill to do better. You're saying its unfair? Think how rogue can do with just 4skills. They can survive and kill without the need of a 5th skill that a sorc or tank needs
    To play better on a match. As what you said there's no "wait", it is one's risk to switch during a fight.

#pawnby4skills
    Last edited by Cero; 01-19-2014 at 03:50 PM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    First!!

Ok, heres a thought that i would like to give.

Rogue Do not need a 5th skill to do better. You're saying its unfair? Think how rogue can do with just 4skills. They can survive and kill without the need of a 5th skill that a sorc or tank needs
    To play better on a match.

#pawnby4skills
    Good tanks can kill a rogue with 4 skills, any additional skills are just improvements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

If the developers only wanted you to use 4, the would only allow you to spec 4.

You really think STS had the forethought to only allow 4 skills in pvp for balance??? The game was out a couple months before pvp was even added. Do you really believe sts made that decision based on the little internal testing they did? Im betting no.

More than likely, the limitation is due to real estate on the screen. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed.
    Last edited by Rare; 01-19-2014 at 03:58 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post

You really think STS had the forethought to only allow 4 skills in pvp for balance??? The game was out a couple months before pvp was even added. Do you really believe sts made that decision based on the little internal testing they did? Im betting no.

More than likely, the limitation is due to real estate on the screen. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed.

You have not read my thread completely, they have other games where u can use 12 skills and 8 skills at once,

AL is 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

I have five skills, but I only swap one pve skill in favor for a pvp skill for when I head to TDM or CTF.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Sorry Postulate1, but I strongly disagree with you. If I use 5 skills against you, that's no one else's problem but yours. Deal with it please. It's been almost an year already since the release of PvP, and if they wanted to limit the skills, they would have done so already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Sorry Postulate1, but I strongly disagree with you. If I use 5 skills against you, that's no one else's problem but yours. Deal with it please. It's been almost an year already since the release of PvP, and if they wanted to limit the skills, they would have done so already.
    Please read the thread carefully,

Constructive feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Please read the thread carefully,

Constructive feedback.
    This is constructive feedback. I'm telling you that you are wrong... Constructively.
    Besides, you said construcive feedback is welcome. You didn't say constructive feedback only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

People have learned to do it to survive. Other classes has the ability to do it, and can learn it to. If the placement is the issue, then maybe your suggestion should be to "change skill placement location" rather than asking to remove the ability.

Like others have said, if STS did not intend it, they would have done so ages ago.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Haowesie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haowesie View Post
    People have learned to do it to survive. Other classes has the ability to do it, and can learn it to. If the placement is the issue, then maybe your suggestion should be to "change skill placement location" rather than asking to remove the ability.

Like others have said, if STS did not intend it, they would have done so ages ago.
    Windmill glitch took a month to fix.

Elite wraith heart as well,

As you can tell, they don't fix things asap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Windmill glitch took a month to fix.

Elite wraith heart as well,

As you can tell, they don't fix things asap.
    For a month. PvP has been here for almost an year. Big difference there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

You have not read my thread completely, they have other games where u can use 12 skills and 8 skills at once,

AL is 4.
    I did read it completely. And I've played those games. They did it because they didn't want to crowd the screen.

What was the last game they had with more than four skills on the screen at a time?
    Last edited by Rare; 01-19-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Changing skills/pet/gear during a fight is categorically unfair in a 1vs1 fight it's not a question of rogues mage or war, its a question the fight getting "contaminated".

My concept of 1vs1 pvp is:
    Preparation-fight-conclusion - improvement.

Not

preparation - fight (shortcut to win) - conclusion.

Thats not fair! fight properly and ask Sts to enhance your class if you think its too weak instead of finding shortcuts.

You can understand this skill changing situation is just a makeup, a unnatural setup when cero said wars need 5 skills.
    That means the strongest class in AL needs five skills to win a fight? weird joke.

The same mages that are saying 5 skills are ok even for wars are still the same that say wars are too overpowered, arrr come on people.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-19-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    Changing skills/pet/gear during a fight is categorically unfair in a 1vs1 fight it's not a question of rogues mage or war, its a question the fight getting "contaminated".

Not

Thats not fair! fight properly and ask Sts to enhance your class if you think its too weak instead of finding shortcuts.

You can understand this skill changing situation is just a makeup, a unnatural setup when cero said wars need 5 skills.
    That means the strongest class needs five skills to win a fight?
    Changing skills is not unfair, it is a tactic. The use of hotkeys is unfair. And who would switch gear during a fight? Please go ahead and switch your gear, it wouldn't affect me. Try playing mage class, and then share you biased opinion with us later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post

Not

That's like saying it's unfair to use an arcane staff against someone using a legendary staff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    That's like saying it's unfair to use an arcane staff against someone using a legendary staff.
    Basically 6 skills vs 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily:1434005

Not

Eggg-freaking-xactly!

The point of ctf is not to 1v1, so if you guys are going to 1v1, then atleast dont complain about my class is UP so ill use 6 skills. If you want to do something that is not intended (1v1 in the ctf arena) then face the concequences (classes have strengths and weaknesses 1v1). In a mixed class fight, you wont see people switch skills a lot - because the classes support each other...

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos:1433853

5 skills would fit the UI, there were over 10 skills on the PL UI and it runs on armv6 devices, which (a lot of em) have smaller screens than the more developed new devices. A small change in UI will easily fit 5 skills.

Sts most likely allowed users to change skill mapping for pvp and pve runs, not in the middle of pvp fights. Thats why they dont allow you to respec in a pvp map.
    Last edited by Bless; 01-19-2014 at 06:13 PM.
    Credits to Iady