Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Skills. (4)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    Changing skills/pet/gear during a fight is categorically unfair in a 1vs1 fight it's not a question of rogues mage or war, its a question the fight getting "contaminated".

My concept of 1vs1 pvp is:
    Preparation-fight-conclusion - improvement.

Not

preparation - fight (shortcut to win) - conclusion.

Thats not fair! fight properly and ask Sts to enhance your class if you think its too weak instead of finding shortcuts.

You can understand this skill changing situation is just a makeup, a unnatural setup when cero said wars need 5 skills.
    That means the strongest class in AL needs five skills to win a fight? weird joke.

The same mages that are saying 5 skills are ok even for wars are still the same that say wars are too overpowered, arrr come on people.
    I ran out of thanks, so thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    That's like saying it's unfair to use an arcane staff against someone using a legendary staff.
    Well... it is ;-)
    I completely ignore the PvP aspect of the game, because I can never compete with people who play this game a lot longer / spend a lot more money on it.
    When someone tries to play PvP with inferior gear, he becomes a target of public disgrace.

What the PvP really needs is work on the lobby part, so you can choose people to play with, and inspect their gear, and deny fight if you don't like it.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

PVP TIP (for mages):

i hope you understand that if changing skills is ok in a 1vs 1 fight for you mages its also ok for a war and if a war uses five skills you are surely 150% going to loose the fight. If you can cope with that nice, no problem.

You will complety tip the little balance in the triangle to the wars side. Now they will not only farm mages but also rogues. You aren't getting stronger folks cause from a war point of view i can assure all mages you are digging deeper your tombs and making wars more stronger like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    Well... it is ;-)
    I completely ignore the PvP aspect of the game, because I can never compete with people who play this game a lot longer / spend a lot more money on it.
    When someone tries to play PvP with inferior gear, he becomes a target of public disgrace.

What the PvP really needs is work on the lobby part, so you can choose people to play with, and inspect their gear, and deny fight if you don't like it.
    Totally agreed. But, unfortunately these are the rules of the game that sts has created. If it's within the rules and isn't exploiting some glitch, it's fair game.

For all the talk about fair gaming and 1v1 and "skill" I'd be willing to bet that every player aims to get top gear. It gives you an inherent advantage. Skill or not. And when they go up against players with lesser gear, they aren't stopping to make it "fair".

This is exactly the same thing.
    Last edited by Rare; 01-19-2014 at 06:39 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    Changing skills/pet/gear during a fight is categorically unfair in a 1vs1 fight it's not a question of rogues mage or war, its a question the fight getting "contaminated".

My concept of 1vs1 pvp is:
    Preparation-fight-conclusion - improvement.

Not

preparation - fight (shortcut to win) - conclusion.

Thats not fair! fight properly and ask Sts to enhance your class if you think its too weak instead of finding shortcuts.

You can understand this skill changing situation is just a makeup, a unnatural setup when cero said wars need 5 skills.
    That means the strongest class in AL needs five skills to win a fight? weird joke.

The same mages that are saying 5 skills are ok even for wars are still the same that say wars are too overpowered, arrr come on people.
    Are you thinking that warrior is the strongest? Strongest for tanking, that is.
    Have you seen ink died fighting Aze?
    Or seen venom asking for rematch against ipred ?
    Both of this tanks are well geared and uses 5skills but still got owned by 4skills users.
    Warrrior switch skills to get stronger because they cant win with just 4skills.
    Last edited by Cero; 01-19-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    Are you thinking that warrior is the strongest? Strongest for tanking, that is.
    Have you seen ink died fighting Aze?
    Or seen venom asking for rematch against ipred ?
    Both of this tanks are well geared and uses 5skills but still got owned by 4skills users.
    Warrrior switch skills to get stronger because they cant win with just 4skills.
    This is coming from a warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Its sort of a matter of, "because i cant do it, its not fair." That may be partially true, but as Cero pointed out above, rogues arent suffering much from this. I dont see unfairness in this unless hotkey is involved. Its not always practical to switch, its just another tactic in the game. In all honesty, even a rogue could switch, but its just not practical anyway. In the time it would take a rogue to switch skills they could nearly kill their target. With this said, i wouldnt mind it if your first solution was implemented either (no switch during cool down). Im always open to some change in tactic.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 01-19-2014 at 08:09 PM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erdnase For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I love people saying if sts didn't intend for is to swap skills in combat they wouldn't allow us to have more than 4 skills at the same time...we are able to spec into more than 4 skills so we can use different skill sets in different situations (example pve vs pvp) not to exploit it and use 6 skills at once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dantus View Post
    I love people saying if sts didn't intend for is to swap skills in combat they wouldn't allow us to have more than 4 skills at the same time...we are able to spec into more than 4 skills so we can use different skill sets in different situations (example pve vs pvp) not to exploit it and use 6 skills at once.
    This was most likely implemented for hybrid builds pve/PvP builds for people to save plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    I think it's obvious that some people use more than 4 skills.
    I think it's also obvious that there are only 4 skill slots.

There are many solutions to this illegitimate way of PvP.
    An sts dev himself/herself said in a previous thread (closed) that swapping skills is legit and fair and he/she does it as well while playing. It is not illegitimate to do so. To constructively criticize, I must point out that only 4 skill slots are there so that they fit snugly on the user interface without causing the user any discomfort. Swapping skills is very legit and if a mage for instance, chooses to swap skills during a fight, that is perfectly ok.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn:1434445
    Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    I think it's obvious that some people use more than 4 skills.
    I think it's also obvious that there are only 4 skill slots.

There are many solutions to this illegitimate way of PvP.
    An sts dev himself/herself said in a previous thread (closed) that swapping skills is legit and fair and he/she does it as well while playing. It is not illegitimate to do so. To constructively criticize, I must point out that only 4 skill slots are there so that they fit snugly on the user interface without causing the user any discomfort. Swapping skills is very legit and if a mage for instance, chooses to swap skills during a fight, that is perfectly ok.
    Delphina I believe stated she uses 5 skills and it is fine. Afterwards she closed the thread immediately. With my 4 skill build I could kill majority of rogues but had trouble with a few. I do considerably better with 5 now. Sometimes I mess up the skill switching but that's my fault, my loss and my risk.

In order to be a top player, players have to evolve with the game play and tactics. I dont want to constantly do the same thing over and over and win but not get better. Now I have something new to learn and get better at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Dont know how to do this against a rogue, i tried and wasnt fast enough so i died (im playing on tablet). But it was successful against a warrior: i saw he just standing (probably switch skills) so i decided to do it also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali:1434622
    Dont know how to do this against a rogue, i tried and wasnt fast enough so i died (im playing on tablet). But it was successful against a warrior: i saw he just standing (probably switch skills) so i decided to do it also.
    Maybe during initial activation of shield or curse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

It wouldnt be a problem if rogues can do it. Idk how delphina does it but then again she has full maxed gear and not all rogues have access to gear like that whereas all mages and wars have a 2 sec invincibility, that being said its unfair to rogues.

How are you supposed to counter this argument..?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    It wouldnt be a problem if rogues can do it. Idk how delphina does it but then again she has full maxed gear and not all rogues have access to gear like that whereas all mages and wars have a 2 sec invincibility, that being said its unfair to rogues.

How are you supposed to counter this argument..?
    Delphina might be talking about her mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Delphina<3 might be doing this in a pve contest and not for pvp, i too on my rogue use five skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Delphina I believe stated she uses 5 skills and it is fine. Afterwards she closed the thread immediately. With my 4 skill build I could kill majority of rogues but had trouble with a few. I do considerably better with 5 now. Sometimes I mess up the skill switching but that's my fault, my loss and my risk.

In order to be a top player, players have to evolve with the game play and tactics. I dont want to constantly do the same thing over and over and win but not get better. Now I have something new to learn and get better at.
    Delph actually asked me to make a thread on this,

Delph is a mod I believe, not a dev- she doesn't play the game as much as hardcore players she hasn't experienced how multiple skills can be exploited.

Buff and attack-,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Ok just put another window after you choosing team red or blue, this window for choosing skill to use in pvp, just 4 skill is allowed. Done.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Market For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

To each his own. What one wants to do with the skill points its their decision. You are nobody to judge what they should do. You are whining about it here coz you get owned in 1v1 by warriors now coz of this. If you were a warrior, you wouldn't be talking against it in here. If people were allowed to choose only 4 skills for the entire AL run, there won't be any passives left to add skills in. Its just that you can map 4 at a time, unlocking 5 or even all 8 active skills is not an abuse. It's not our fault if the game doesn't allow us to map more on HUD. As a human being, how many skills do you learn? Has anyone limited you to learn 4 skills? Why the hell would my character be limited to 4? I wont be able to save Arlor with just 4 skills. Thanks!

#ctfwhinesalot

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Venom For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

They should just add a 5th map spot. Problem solved. Or better yet 8 togglable skill slots.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to dantus For This Useful Post: