Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Skills. (4)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Venom:1435398
    To each his own. What one wants to do with the skill points its their decision. You are nobody to judge what they should do. You are whining about it here coz you get owned in 1v1 by warriors now coz of this. If you were a warrior, you wouldn't be talking against it in here. If people were allowed to choose only 4 skills for the entire AL run, there won't be any passives left to add skills in. Its just that you can map 4 at a time, unlocking 5 or even all 8 active skills is not an abuse. It's not our fault if the game doesn't allow us to map more on HUD. As a human being, how many skills do you learn? Has anyone limited you to learn 4 skills? Why the hell would my character be limited to 4? I wont be able to save Arlor with just 4 skills. Thanks!

#ctfwhinesalot
    Its almost exactly like spamming pet skill, why did loads of people support that thread..? 5+ skills are just unfair to those who CANT DO IT AKA ROGUES and idc who wants to put skill points where, keep it fair.

The point of ctf is not to 1v1, so if you guys are going to 1v1, then atleast dont complain about my class is UP so ill use 6 skills. If you want to do something that is not intended (1v1 in the ctf arena) then face the concequences (classes have strengths and weaknesses 1v1). In a mixed class fight, you wont see people switch skills a lot - because the classes support each other...

If warriors and mages suck at 1v1 IN A CTF BASED PVP SYSTEM, it doesnt mean they should be entitled to 6 skills, why not play 5v5 like its supposed to. If you want to 1v1 then deal with it.

What would happen if a rogue would use veil, razor shield, nox, as, sp and combat medic?

Veil > razor > Packs > AS > Nox = Total annihilation regardless of the class. Heck I could put a round to any warrior in < 20 seconds with this combo. But guess what....we cant, we dont have 2 free seconds like yall do, and ofc we will be mad if we are beaten by an unfair advantage. If this is whining then so be it, its like the windmill glitch again, only with mages involved too.

#Pro
    Credits to Iady

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    It wouldnt be a problem if rogues can do it. Idk how delphina does it but then again she has full maxed gear and not all rogues have access to gear like that whereas all mages and wars have a 2 sec invincibility, that being said its unfair to rogues.

How are you supposed to counter this argument..?
    Some rogues could stun with charged auto and then change, or better yet, because you cant do any dmg anyway, change while a mage/war has 2 sec invulnerability. Still just dont think its a practical move for rogues though.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 01-20-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Erdnase:1435493
    It wouldnt be a problem if rogues can do it. Idk how delphina does it but then again she has full maxed gear and not all rogues have access to gear like that whereas all mages and wars have a 2 sec invincibility, that being said its unfair to rogues.

How are you supposed to counter this argument..?
    Some rogues could stun with charged auto and then change, or better yet, because you cant do any dmg anyway, change while a mage/war has 2 sec invulnerability. Still just dont think its a practical moves for rogues anyway though.
    Nope, our stun has <40% chance and our stun duration is 4sec max

It wouldnt be easy and too risky wouldnt it?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Oh this thread was enjoyable to read! xD

IMO, it is how it is. You say the game was intended to have 4 skill slots because the GM's made it that way, well, they also made it possible to add points to more than 4 skills, and the ability to change those 4 skills with any other skills you have added points to at any given time.

It's the way the game is. Don't like it, change character, or talk to the GM's about it.

It reminds me of a game I use to play where you had HP/SP stones, like AL's potions, and you could get extra potions as well. And while you were pvp'ing, if you used normal potions, everybody lost their minds. But the way I see it, they're apart of the game, if you can use them, they were made to be used.

Each class has their pro's and con's. Deal with it or find a way to change it.

my2cents ~

Edit:
    & if you want to have a 1v1 pvp that is "fair" then just ask the person to comply by your "fair" rules. If they don't want to, they're probably not worth your time... or your not worth theirs

& @Venom
    I wont be able to save Arlor with just 4 skills.
    This cracked me up xD!
    Last edited by Rianaku; 01-22-2014 at 08:34 PM.
    IGN: Rianaku (Warrior) - Couchlock (Sorcerer) - SnackBox (Rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The reason why we are only allowed 4 skill slots is to force is to make compromises. Do you want to be good at flagging? If so, then you will have to give up something else. Do you want to have good defense? If so, then your offense will suffer somewhat.

The idea is to have different builds for different players, and all have some sort of strength and some sort of weakness. If you allow for more skills, even one more, then you will start to see builds that are very well rounded with no weaknesses, and that is not good. I realize that many players think it will be good for themselves, but keep in mind that everyone will do it then, and we will be on the road towards the system in PL where everyone of each class had the same exact build, and that gets really boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Seriously, the only people that are complaining about this are you and Bless... That two people in the whole population of AL. I just did some 1v1's with a few rogues just now, and I revealed to them that I use five skills. None of them had complained, they just accepted the fact like mature, courteous folks. There is nothing wrong with 5 skills. If you are so against it, just stop 1v1ing tanks and mages. Problem solved. And I really do doubt that Delphina actually told you to make this thread... You probably just asked permission to post a horrible thread like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Having 4 skills is no issue to me, I've had as many as 6 at one time. But I think only being able to map 4 at one time is a good thing. If you want to have more skills, then again you are making a compromise. You will be a "jack of all trades, master of none", meaning you have used extra skill points to have 2 extra skills that will be sitting idle at all times instead of making your stats more powerful by using those skill points for passives. Again, as long as there are compromises that have to be made, then I like the system. The point is to encourage people to have different builds, and I think the current system does exactly that.

In PL we all had enough skill slots to have all 12 skills, and so just about everyone ran with the same exact build.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Its impossible to argue with you guys, you dont even say points, theyre just conclusions, accusations and assumptions.

You probably dont know how it feels in a rogues position to be against curse, shield, heal and 3 attack skills do you instant, we actually have a backbone to make a suggestion and argue our points instead of just posting randomly and putting others down...Ignorance is the driving force of corruption. ROGUES CANT use 5 skills, there is no way for us to do it without risking getting 2hitted. Can you not see its unfair! Can you not see this is the SUGGESTIONS section where we are putting a suggestion. When a class feels OP, it never comes to the devs and tells em: WERE OP, NERF US. Thats the exact point you guys are defending, just so you stay OP..

Quote Originally Posted by Rianaku:1435568
    Oh this thread was enjoyable to read! xD

IMO, it is how it is. You say the game was intended to have 4 skill slots because the GM's made it that way, well, they also made it possible to add points to more than 4 skills, and the ability to change those 4 skills with any other skills you have added points to at any given time.

It's the way the game is. Don't like it, change character, or talk to the GM's about it.
    thats why I wasted hours on this thread, developers look at this forum section regularly

It reminds me of a game I use to play where you had HP/SP stones, like AL's potions, and you could get extra potions as well. And while you were pvp'ing, if you used normal potions, everybody lost their minds. But the way I see it, they're apart of the game, if you can use them, they were made to be used.

Each class has their pro's and con'sbeing able to use more than 5 skills isnt a PRO of a class, its unfair to classes who cant use it, its like an exploit in a way. Deal with it or find a way to change it.

my2cents ~

Edit:
    & if you want to have a 1v1 pvp that is "fair" then just ask the person to comply by your "fair" rules. If they don't want to, they're probably not worth your time... or your not worth theirs

& @Venom " I wont be able to save Arlor with just 4 skills. Thanks!" This cracked me up xD!
    Last edited by Bless; 01-20-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Agreed, if you think battles at end game are quick now, imagine having 5 or 6 skills. It will be a question of who gets first hit, and that person will win the battle every time. If I could put up my shield and then stun you and still have 3 attack skills left to use, you would be dead before the stun wears off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Energizeric gets the point...I wish AL pvp wasnt horribly different to PL pvp...Lots of skill problems
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Its impossible to argue with you guys, you dont even say points, theyre just conclusions, accusations and assumptions.

You probably dont know how it feels in a rogues position to be against curse, shield, heal and 3 attack skills do you instant, we actually have a backbone to make a suggestion and argue our points instead of just posting randomly and putting others down...
    Well I'm very sorry but it really isn't my problem. I hope you also realize that I am not invincible, why don't you ask for advice from the rogues that beat me i.e. pred, aze, joy, zeus, etc. They are impossible... Why don't you go rant on your fellow rogues instead of me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Its almost exactly like spamming pet skill, why did loads of people support that thread..? 5+ skills are just unfair to those who CANT DO IT AKA ROGUES and idc who wants to put skill points where, keep it fair.

The point of ctf is not to 1v1, so if you guys are going to 1v1, then atleast dont complain about my class is UP so ill use 6 skills. If you want to do something that is not intended (1v1 in the ctf arena) then face the concequences (classes have strengths and weaknesses 1v1). In a mixed class fight, you wont see people switch skills a lot - because the classes support each other...

If warriors and mages suck at 1v1 IN A CTF BASED PVP SYSTEM, it doesnt mean they should be entitled to 6 skills, why not play 5v5 like its supposed to. If you want to 1v1 then deal with it.

What would happen if a rogue would use veil, razor shield, nox, as, sp and combat medic?

Veil > razor > Packs > AS > Nox = Total annihilation regardless of the class. Heck I could put a round to any warrior in < 20 seconds with this combo. But guess what....we cant, we dont have 2 free seconds like yall do, and ofc we will be mad if we are beaten by an unfair advantage. If this is whining then so be it, its like the windmill glitch again, only with mages involved too.

#Pro
    #sitdownvenom

Apply cold water to burn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Seriously, the only people that are complaining about this are you and Bless... That two people in the whole population of AL. I just did some 1v1's with a few rogues just now, and I revealed to them that I use five skills. None of them had complained, they just accepted the fact like mature, courteous folks. There is nothing wrong with 5 skills. If you are so against it, just stop 1v1ing tanks and mages. Problem solved. And I really do doubt that Delphina actually told you to make this thread... You probably just asked permission to post a horrible thread like this.
    We chatted for a good 45 minutes in game and she told me I should make a thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Well I'm very sorry but it really isn't my problem. I hope you also realize that I am not invincible, why don't you ask for advice from the rogues that beat me i.e. pred, aze, joy, zeus, etc. They are impossible... Why don't you go rant on your fellow rogues instead of me.
    Would they beat you if u had gear?

Hells no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

As i said earlier even on the other thread remove all exploits and fight the natural way pvp was meant to be without exploiting your skills without abusing your pet arcane ability and everybody will have their old good fights.

Do you guys remember how the portal glitch was exploited during the first days of tarlok event and the conseguences it brought on tarlok equips ?
    maybe now they would have worth three times their current value eh?

Thats is the same way things will go on the pvp side of the game if you keep finding shortcuts to win you will ruin everything!! :C
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-20-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    As i said earlier even on the other thread remove all exploits and fight the natural way pvp was meant to be without exploiting your skills without abusing your pet arcane ability and everybody will have their old good fights.

Do you guys remember how the portal glitch was exploited during the first days of tarlok event and the conseguences it brought on tarlok equips ?
    maybe now they would have worth three tikes their current value don' you think?

Thats is the same thing that will happen on the pvp side of the game if you keep finding shortcuts to win you will ruin everything. :C
    Preach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1:1435631

Hells no.
    exactly
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post

Hells no.
    That goes for anyone. If one does not have gear, they will die. If my warrior vs'd your rogue, and my warrior had dev maul with deary, and you had razors with Sam... You would win. If you don't have the gear, that's your problem.
    And Bless, I remember 1v1ing you a few hours ago, and I used five skills on you. You then complained about curse, so I tried vs against you with four skills, without curse, and I still won. Point is, get some skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol what about elite man spam Sam is the best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

That goes for anyone. If one does not have gear, they will die. If my warrior vs'd your rogue, and my warrior had dev maul with deary, and you had razors with Sam... You would win. If you don't have the gear, that's your problem.
    And Bless, I remember 1v1ing you a few hours ago, and I used five skills on you. You then complained about curse, so I tried vs against you with four skills, without curse, and I still won. Point is, get some skill.
    Lol first off, bless uses hellish helm and iced armor.

First those rogues would not beat you Zeus, pref, joy etc. if YOU were geared, why?

You have more "skills".