Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Default Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

I. Intro
    II. Basic concept
    III. Possible advancements
    IV. Conclusion

I. Intro

Hey folks!
    In this thread, I have a fairly simple solution to the 2/3pc ring problem. Many players at the moment, are unable to obtain these rings because you must cap two or more times. Eh, but there seems like we are at a loss of a new cap right now. Its been over a year now. Many ideas have been thrown around, trying to solve this issue. Let me stop rambling on old news and cut to the chase.
    Currently if a player levels up to the cap, it would be level 75. If they wanted to reach the, "elite cap," they would have to grind 100,000 more xp to 76. At level 76, a player has two extra quests they may complete.
    1- A quest that requires the player to destroy the, "Elite Red Dragon," 76 times. The reward is a, "Shadow Minion Disguise."

2- A quest that requires a player to defeat, "Elite Onyx." This can only be done after a player has earned the shadow minion disguise. The reward is a, "Best friend eternally," pet.

After completing these quests, a player is done. Unless, they have reached the cap in Humania, Mt. fang or, any other cap from 56 on up. Then they will automatically receive a quest allowing them to go to the fallen prince, and receive a 2/3pc ring. Read more here- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Vanity-Bonuses
    Unfortunately, players who joined during the current cap cannot get these greats rings. In this thread, I give a solution to this, while still making the players work as hard or harder for these rings.

II. Basic concept

Soooo, now for the idea. If you capped right now, your characters xp bar would look like this-

So if my idea was implemented, after you had completed the two elite quests, you would get a third quest to go to the fallen prince. He would then give you an option to, "Start elite xp gain." Once you start it, your characters inspect page would look something like this-

To earn this xp you would simply grind in regular dungeons. Once completed, you would return to the fallen prince, and accept a new quest. This quest, instead of slaying the elite dragon 76 times, would then require you to slay elite onyx 76 times. Upon completion, you would receive a possible recolored best friend eternally pet-

In addition to that, you would then be given a 2pc ring. For obtaining the 3pc ring would be similar, go to fallen prince, unlock, "Elite II," xp, and start grinding away at Blacksmoke Mountain-

Upon completing, you could return to the fallen prince to receive another hardcore quest. Basically defeat elite onyx 76 more times, or possibly defeat each bsm boss 76 times. The reward may look like this-

To finish the quest, simply hand it into the fallen prince, receive the reward, and a 3pc ring. Your inspect page would say- "lvl 76 I, 0/1"

III. Possible advancements.

So everything seems pretty grindy, which it is. If STS wanted to spice things up, they could add more than just 2 recolored vanities which my idea requires. Possibly adding actual elite vanities for the quests? Like helm and armor? Or recoloring bsm 2 extra times, or just recoloring bosses. Thoughts on this?

•Or, as I posted in a comment on page 2, let the quests to be optional, and only allow xp to be gained in bsm.

•As a reward for completing the Elite I xp, there may be a title called [Elite I] or [Elite II] etc.

IV. Conclusion

So hopefully this seems like a reasonable idea? 2 recolored vanities, an extra leveling system, etc. The goal is for newer players to eventually obtain these rings, WHILE grinding as hard or harder than in previous quests. Discuss?

-P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Argyros; 01-20-2014 at 09:12 AM.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Argyros For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Whoa I like dis. But not the eye pet... Ugly. I want a sexy big dragon!! Or a vanity helm that is sexier than CoP (CoP too sexy) all I want is looks doe.

STS LISTEN TO DIS! MAN IS WISE

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I like it alot, especially since it won't give you cap vanities, and gives you 2 awesome looking eye pets!

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    I like it alot, especially since it won't give you cap vanities, and gives you 2 awesome looking eye pets!
    Yep. The hard part, is making it something STG would do. New cap vanities+ campaigns aren't very reasonable what so ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I suggested something like the boss quests, I like the colored pets too. I just think that every player who wants to be elite can be, not just the oldies who are elite because they have been around longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Ooo!!! Its wonderful idea. Me likes me likes!
    PL: Apa, Apasa, Apasara
    Character: Archer, Warrior, Enchantress.
    Level: 77, 77, 77
    Legend of Zeroes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Default Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

I would rather have something more like 500,000 kills (that doesn't need to be official kills).

Basically you can go to any map and senselessly slaughter everything in your path 500,000 times to get a ring and a third eye.

One word: worth

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    I would rather have something more like 500,000 kills (that doesn't need to be official kills).

Basically you can go to any map and senselessly slaughter everything in your path 500,000 times to get a ring and a third eye.

One word: worth
    go to mega maze two or three times and you'd get it

xP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Not bad idea I like, ill comment when I have time to read it all >.<
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

What about the people who already have 2p or 3p...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ctf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ctf View Post
    Who cares

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

a really cool idea, thumbs up!

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fear View Post
    Who cares
    I do.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fear View Post
    Who cares
    I do to.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Yea imo if they implemented this they would have to do something for the players who already have 2-3pc rings...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ctf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheenivie View Post
    Yea imo if they implemented this they would have to do something for the players who already have 2-3pc rings...
    For the players who already have a 2pc, they could grind to, "Elite I," complete the quest, and get a 3pc. For players that have a 3pc, they could grind up to Elite I, or II, for the random vanity if they wanted to. There isn't a huge reason for players who already have an elite ring to get to Elite II. It is just another option for newer players to get the rings. Plus, there would not be a stat difference from lvl 76, and lvl 76 Elite II.

I was considering some other possible improvements... Instead of a required quest make it an extra optional quest at the end of complete 100k/100k xp for either elite I or II. But, only allow elite xp to be earned in bsm alone, no mega maze lol.

Also, I just noticed that if the elite xp bar was under the normal xp bar, there would not be room for stats to be shown. So therefore, this may look better-

Which would work better in your opinion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    go to mega maze two or three times and you'd get it

xP
    That's only around 600 kills :/

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Hello,

well done Argyros, thanks for summarizing the fragment of ideas being widespread in numerous threads last weeks into one complete vision. Hopefully rasises the odds of attracting STG attention. I really like your idea, as soon as it's less gossipable in comparison to other ideas (my idea about completing all quests or idea about kills upwards). I also think, that recolored eye is good pick, If we don't consider option of some brand new designed item. It's mostly because of noone loves the current eye as much as to be upset theres some similar item. Recoloring some of older cap vanities may have awaken another wave of anger. But basically, there would be few more options, like recoloring some dragon as mentioned etc.

Anyway, thinking about details of your concept, there may be some little pitfalls. I really don't know, how difficult is to change the basic system and menu interface, maybe it's pretty easy for devs. But as I know from programming, sometimes your code is like that adding one letter at the end of some string is pretty huge complication. Also, there might be problem with "promoting" vanity pet for elite set part. I'd guess that Fallen Prince is now made only to check your vanity armour, not the pet.

But all these are just minor issues. Generally, this idea is the best and most complex so far. I fully support that, if only I could do something more than just comment and thank

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BroadCastle View Post
    Hello,

well done Argyros, thanks for summarizing the fragment of ideas being widespread in numerous threads last weeks into one complete vision. Hopefully rasises the odds of attracting STG attention. I really like your idea, as soon as it's less gossipable in comparison to other ideas (my idea about completing all quests or idea about kills upwards). I also think, that recolored eye is good pick, If we don't consider option of some brand new designed item. It's mostly because of noone loves the current eye as much as to be upset theres some similar item. Recoloring some of older cap vanities may have awaken another wave of anger. But basically, there would be few more options, like recoloring some dragon as mentioned etc.

Anyway, thinking about details of your concept, there may be some little pitfalls. I really don't know, how difficult is to change the basic system and menu interface, maybe it's pretty easy for devs. But as I know from programming, sometimes your code is like that adding one letter at the end of some string is pretty huge complication. Also, there might be problem with "promoting" vanity pet for elite set part. I'd guess that Fallen Prince is now made only to check your vanity armour, not the pet.

But all these are just minor issues. Generally, this idea is the best and most complex so far. I fully support that, if only I could do something more than just comment and thank

Thanks!
    Thanks you so much for your response. ^^

I acknowledge that changing the menu interface would be very difficult, so I came up with a new solution to that problem. Adding a I at the end of the, "lvl 76," so that the menu interface would look similar to the image below. (It would only look like that after, you had spoken with the fallen prince, and started the elite I xp gain)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but adding the I at the end of lvl 76, would just be another HUD? Should not be impossible, to my limited knowledge. Also, after the elite xp gain was started, it would simply be like lvling up from 75 to 76 again, some of the code should be still there. I'm not a professional programmer, but this idea shouldn't seem like a daunting task for a developer.

There definitely could be a different rewards/quests after completing Elite I or Elite II. I was just throwing out an idea that could possibly work. The main point for implementing this would mainly be for the opportunity to obtain an elite ring. I plan to edit the main body post as soon as possible.

Thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^True indeed. I somehow missed this edit, solving the interface changes, nice. About adding letter, we all can only imaginate, how the system works. It can be easy enclosing one letter at the end of string, but also the Level 76 may contain of constant text and function integer, possibely harder to change. But ur right, all these should be still very easy job, considering it may result in pretty cool content and bringing alot of players (including me) to pve

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BroadCastle For This Useful Post: