Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I agree with Broadcastle and Zeus. A year from now we will all be standing in Balefort still complaining about 3 piece rings and how that nub has a spooky shield. There will be 6 of us and we will be cycling theough our loadouts showing off and talking about how we made it to the end. Let's all broaden our horizons and ask ourselves,"how much do I really care about the life of Pocket legends?".

Elite endgame pvp is not where the money is. Asking for a Spacetime to spend their time catering to us so a small percentage of the game can have a ring is selfish in it's own right. Let us all try to remember that most players never achieve elite cap, don't pvp, or visit the forums and have absolutely no idea this discussion even exists. A big percentage of those people don't even know how to craft dragon vanity rings.

That said, judging by the last cap and no introduction of a 4 piece ring, it seems that's all for the rings. Let's give us something to play for again!!! Turning exp on is easy enough. The bonus off ring would be the reward, but not why I spent the time playing. I have 5 capped that never see the light of day and are itching for something new.

Here are my ideas, which include a little more work from spacetime, but could very easily contain ring bonuses in them.

Rehash some old maps such as shadow caves or sewers for a new 81 cap.

This one is my favorite. Introduce a set of elite maps for us such as AL has. Elite forest haven through BSM should give us all something new to do!

Technically speaking I don't know how easy these would be to do, but it's easier than starting from a blank screen, creating all new maps and npc's.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonthan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gibol1412 View Post
    It's just everybody can have diffrent opinions. Furthermore STS will not take into account few opinions from few players.
    You're right - those few players are people with 3 piece rings.

Also, keep in mind that I say this with a 2 piece ring on my L66 mage & 1 3 piece ring on my L76 bear and 1 3 piece ring on my L76 bird.

What we are suggesting is for the longevity of PL. I truly do not see how people cannot see that in the end, it's for the better of the game.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-24-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gibol1412 View Post

I'm sorry are You tirded? Elite Cap vanities are special, because they give elite rings. Elite Rings are part of this special items.

And please keep your sarcasm to people You know. I know You got 2pc ring with Black Dragon and You can craft this in one ring. I'm sorry for You, but some things are impossible to get.

And that's true reason. Not elite rings. People want new content.
    I'm sorry that you read sarcasm in my post, eventhough I didn't want to express any. I really do think you are smart and I respect you, I thought (or was hoping) we are friends, and I would never be sarcastic against you. I don't know how about you, but I think that even good friends may disagree on something, without loosing good relationship. Thats what I would like it to be.

The fact that I have 2pc ring, and my desire for 3pc is no secret. I already said it here and admited that for sure I have motivation to support this idea. So please don't describe me as some hypocritic person, who hides his own thirst. If you don't believe that it's far not my only reason, I have no way how to persuade you... just my word.

I don't understand what "tirded" is. If it should have been "tired", that I don't understand what did you mean by that either. But anyway, for sure that elite items grants you ring, but what I was pointing out is the fact, that ring award is not exactly related to some cap. 2 players with 2 different cap vanities (and one same) has the same ring, gotcha?

So as I see that, the more exact sense is that elite vanities are part of the ring, not reversely.

For last quoted part, I can only say this: This thread is the result of missing new cap (new content). It may solve few outstanding problems, without requirements for compete cap release, which as you could notice, is not comming soon.

I am really sorry, that there is nothing much in this idea to make you happy, since you seem not being able to be happy only for others (not many people are, thats nothing against your personality). But you are forgetting about the matter considering incresing joy for alot of players, thus improving game for all, which you agreed on with me previously. The amount of legendary players like you are, however numerous, is still lower than the amount of players who would be fancy to see this idea being applied.

Let me repeat that I respect you, I really think you are smart, and I honor your ingame achievements. No matter than we are opponents in this issue, at least for me.

BroadCastle
    Last edited by BroadCastle; 01-24-2014 at 03:14 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BroadCastle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BroadCastle View Post
    I don't understand what "tirded" is. If it should have been "tired", that I don't understand what did you mean by that either.
    BroadCastle
    I think 'tirded' is short for retarded. I'm amazed at how civil you manage to be in these arguments, BroadCastle.
    Last edited by lightzone; 01-24-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Lets not talk about rings. I dont even have 3 or 2 piece ring on my main, and only some of my twinks use actually plat rings.

So what do you guys think about this: Each elite cap unlocks a map, that has a boss in it with better drop rates/item drops that this previous boss.
    Also those better bosses would actually drop different armors. Example: beastly is green coloured armor, and its crafted into red armor. The second elite boss would drop bronze beastly armors, and those would be crafted into silver. Last elite boss would drop grey armors that are crafted into black, which has special bonus sparkling effects, different to those in original savage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BroadCastle View Post
    I'm sorry that you read sarcasm in my post, eventhough I didn't want to express any. I really do think you are smart and I respect you, I thought (or was hoping) we are friends, and I would never be sarcastic against you. I don't know how about you, but I think that even good friends may disagree on something, without loosing good relationship. Thats what I would like it to be.

The fact that I have 2pc ring, and my desire for 3pc is no secret. I already said it here and admited that for sure I have motivation to support this idea. So please don't describe me as some hypocritic person, who hides his own thirst. If you don't believe that it's far not my only reason, I have no way how to persuade you... just my word.

I don't understand what "tirded" is. If it should have been "tired", that I don't understand what did you mean by that either. But anyway, for sure that elite items grants you ring, but what I was pointing out is the fact, that ring award is not exactly related to some cap. 2 players with 2 different cap vanities (and one same) has the same ring, gotcha?

So as I see that, the more exact sense is that elite vanities are part of the ring, not reversely.

For last quoted part, I can only say this: This thread is the result of missing new cap (new content). It may solve few outstanding problems, without requirements for compete cap release, which as you could notice, is not comming soon.

I am really sorry, that there is nothing much in this idea to make you happy, since you seem not being able to be happy only for others (not many people are, thats nothing against your personality). But you are forgetting about the matter considering incresing joy for alot of players, thus improving game for all, which you agreed on with me previously. The amount of legendary players like you are, however numerous, is still lower than the amount of players who would be fancy to see this idea being applied.

Let me repeat that I respect you, I really think you are smart, and I honor your ingame achievements. No matter than we are opponents in this issue, at least for me.

BroadCastle

Broad, at this point - I think you should just play AL.

It's a fairer game with more opportunity and increasingly difficult goals. I've never felt more challenged in STG's MMOs than AL. Elite content in AL is equivalent to AOIII and Balefort Sewers back in the day when the game required skill.

It's obvious that the developers are not going to put resources towards making this happen so anyone arguing for this notion to be passed is simply wasting time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lightzone View Post
    I think 'tirded' is short for retarded. I'm amazed at how civil you manage to be in these arguments, BroadCastle.
    Oh, thats partialy caused by my foreign origin. If it really is "retarted", I am either sad and surprised. I really hope it wasn't that.

Maybe my posts sound like "trying to sound clever". I am trying to explain my feelings the best I can, and believe me, it's hard sometimes to fasr reply some post. I was already asking for your leniency about that.

EDIT:
    Just saying, maybe you could edit your post not to quote whole of my saying to save some space in this thread. For me personaly, huge quotes which are not really needed (my post is right above) cloggs the thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Broad, at this point - I think you should just play AL. ...

...It's obvious that the developers are not going to put resources towards making this happen so anyone arguing for this notion to be passed is simply wasting time.
    Hey, no doubts about what you say ybout AL. Just consider, my time for gameplay is really low. I am fixed on PL just because of ingame friendship, and some joy of playing in addition. I really dont feel like starting any new game, PL is in fact the only video game I play. NO computer games or other games at all. I'm simply to busy to come to AL and grind succesfully.

What you say about devs is contrary to my honest hopes. I still trust in devs in case of PL, and this idea is the better, because of bringing alot of pluses with not much work. Thats why I'm supporting it so heavily, and why I dispute here with my friends.

If I thought I'm just wasting my time here, I would not respond. But yea, I got your point, and it's definitely some part of truth.

EDIT: Oh, and last but not least, both of my mobile deviced (iPad 1 and some old Android phone) are unable to run AL very well. Not the main reason, but also a reason tho.
    Last edited by BroadCastle; 01-24-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

^^ Your posts are fine. Some people take things different ways. It's just the price we have to pay to communicate through this medium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lightzone View Post
    Nope. I was mean "tired" Just not notice this. I never insults people. Regards.

PS. I like Broadcastle and I know him in game, just here we have other opinions
    I think in PL we need just something new. Whatever it be.
    PPS. I don't like Arcane Legends like Pocket Legends, it's just not same. I don't know how to farm there because chest and locked crates for platinum.
    Last edited by gibol1412; 01-24-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    <Polish Legends Facebook>
    PL: Gibol, Gibolek, Gibolmag, Gibolol, Gibololo, GibolRanger
    AL: Gibol

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

AL is okay for me, I like It enough..but when I asked my friends I used to have in old caps, they simply ignored me...
    I started to play AL bit by bit, but I can't succesfully level from 27 to 35 >_<

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    AL is okay for me, I like It enough..but when I asked my friends I used to have in old caps, they simply ignored me...
    I started to play AL bit by bit, but I can't succesfully level from 27 to 35 >_<
    newb

jks, how hard is it..? seems pretty easy to me :/
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    newb

jks, how hard is it..? seems pretty easy to me :/
    No proper elixirs in AL. And only dungeons have proper xp gain, which somehow reduces, the more u play it. Its so annoying, thats why i prefer PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by finnman View Post
    No proper elixirs in AL. And only dungeons have proper xp gain, which somehow reduces, the more u play it. Its so annoying, thats why i prefer PL
    There are literally no need for elixirs ! Seriously! And for you to complain about that, there is a combo elix in the store, which I never use cause you don't need anything! If you wanted to speed up just buy a 50%.

But I know, you're more familiar with PL, its simple, right there & easy, why I love PL always will right now its indescribable on how great it is, but hey, sometimes you need a change .. Especially how PL is lately I don't have the patience and keeps turning me of :/
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    There are literally no need for elixirs ! Seriously! And for you to complain about that, there is a combo elix in the store, which I never use cause you don't need anything! If you wanted to speed up just buy a 50%.

But I know, you're more familiar with PL, its simple, right there & easy, why I love PL always will right now its indescribable on how great it is, but hey, sometimes you need a change .. Especially how PL is lately I don't have the patience and keeps turning me of :/
    +50%xp combo elixir. woo hoo.

In PL i always wait for +200%xp combo. See the difference?
    Ppl who are lazy at lvling, should play PL
    Last edited by Itoopeo; 01-25-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo View Post
    +50%xp combo elixir. woo hoo.

In PL i always wait for +200%xp combo. See the difference?
    Ppl who are lazy at lvling, should play PL
    There are 76 levels in PL. There are only 36 in AL.

That is a vastly different amount of XP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    There are 76 levels in PL. There are only 36 in AL.

That is a vastly different amount of XP.
    The amount of xp needed to level up is increasing a lot faster in AL than PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I went from 10-21 in less then a week, NO ELIXIRS besides dailys.

I went from 31-35 in 3 days. 35-36 in a week and a couple of days, i was barely trying, I also used NO elixirs.

Play the game and get to know it before making decisions.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

No it isn't. Developers have stated on numerous occasions that the max each level would cost in XP is 2,600 XP with the elite cap being a max of 26k XP. The reason this decision was made was because they realized that PL became too grindy and cut in to their profits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^ However the discussion about differences between PL and AL is interresting, it's pretty off toppic in this thread. I'd like to ask you guys to make some extra thread for discussing this, instead of staying in this one. Thanks