Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

selfish? yes i am and i have the right to be. Just like people who had founders helm dont want everybody to have one.. you dont just say oh u had enough time to enjoy it and take it away.

Thank You Aaroniero Arruruerie!
    Proud Member of Restoration

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ImHawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ImHawk View Post
    selfish? yes i am and i have the right to be. Just like people who had founders helm dont want everybody to have one.. you dont just say oh u had enough time to enjoy it and take it away.
    You can't stop about forunders helm can you? So many times we repeated, how different those 2 matters are. I can only agree, that you have full right to be selfish person. As well as you have right to be choleric, rude, bad, good-natured or kind... thats your choice. Talking about "exclusive rights" for item like elite ring is only may show which of previous choices you picked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

theres no end to this argument
    people who have the rings will disagree and people like you who are trying to snatch the ring will agree to your hearts content... after all you guys dont have anything to lose on the other hand we have something at stake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

people who have the rings will disagree and people like you who are trying to snatch the ring will agree to your hearts content... after all you guys dont have anything to lose on the other hand we have something at stake
    100%agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^ I have 2pc rings on 2 character, just to clarify what is my peronal state in this matter. Yes, I honestly admit, that aplying this would bring me bigger benefits than to you, 3pc ring guys. Well, let's be frank and say, that almost none for you. I absolutely agree that grinding such a xp for some vanity only isn't worth for everyone. But actually 2pc ring is also pretty good and I'd loose my advantage to those who has none atm. Does this bother me? No.

But some you old folks only think about yourselves and that's what bothers me and makes me sad. None of you ever replied or countered my multiply repeated argument, that you were having benefits for years. Years of being top and above others. After going ahead Argyros's play, You would obviously still be top. Just not above others, at least in case of rings.

Don't consider that as your loose, but as others gain, thats the positive point of view. I disagree that all people having rings now would hate this idea. I know many of them, who are wishing for others.

Perhaps I just can't feel into your position, however I think I tried. Perhaps the feeling owerpower is to addictive to share at least some part of it with others. Perhaps I judge you wrong for actig like you do... I don't know, but I believe its not like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheenivie View Post
    100%agree
    There is no end to this argument? First off, you assuming this is an argument(which apparently it is now, but be can do it formally), and you assuming no one has found a solvent. Well, as I have stated, I have an elite ring already. This is a classic example of a, "ad hominem," fallacy. If you don't know what that is, here is a definition-

ad hominem: Latin for "to the man." An arguer who uses ad hominems attacks the person instead of the argument. Whenever an arguer cannot defend his position with evidence, facts or reason, he or she may resort to attacking an opponent either through: labeling, straw man arguments, name calling, offensive remarks and anger.

" and people like you who are trying to snatch the ring will agree to your hearts content..."

What is at stake? The pain of seeing players grind for a ring that you both worked for equally?

Cheenivie, as an old time Xplicit officer, I am wondering why you don't see the fault in his post? No one can control the laziness of others, I can't control myself not being able to cap at nuris because by the time I was near the cap, Mt. Fang came around.

(No, this is not a flame post, and I'm as tranquil as a narwhal swimming in the ocean ^^)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Argument: an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.
    how is this not an argument?
    I disagree with your solution.
    Can't I express my thoughts?
    I posted what I believe to be right
    It looks to me that you quoted, agreed, and thanked people who agreed with ur thoughts and criticized most people who disagreed with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    If I'm int, and I'm wearing 3piece, and I'm versing you, don't cry cause I'm wearing 3piece, I would say bears are still op against int mages with 3 piece even if you don't have any ring, you still have a platinum ring. And you can still crush me if you know how to play a bear. Other whys good luck

But when it comes to str, 3 piece pallies are tricky :3 bears on the other hand, with 3 piece, are unbeatable no chance for an int Mage unless you have a perfect ping and some luck, and have some experience versing bears

You should like it as a bear, that extra 6 dodge isnt all that much even though you have 42+ and a fair amount of health
    People who are int Mage with 3 piece actually do very well vs bears with no cap ring. Pallys aren't tricky they're luck with 3 piece. They can dodge hell get pulled in hit with crushing and SMS they heal it off while they debuff and tank a bear while they wait for hs to reload. Or more often then not they dodge hs and pull so even if SMS hits they can heal and tank. Only if all hs SMS pull and other skills hit does it become tricky, but then they heal and the luck cycle starts all over again.

Also to everyone else who only claims the reason more people don't have cap rings because they were too "lazy" to do so is a speculation. I gather only a handful of people didnt feel like grinding that much while others who might have just joined the game late and couldn't cap 2-3 if they wanted to because it was too late.
    Last edited by Isopure; 01-22-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    I have to admit I stop reading all the post.

@ OP
    I have capped ever cap on several toons. I have 3 piece rings on 4 toons. According to your proposal, now I have to grind out another 200k xp on each toon to get new vanities and the Elite III title?? How is that fair??

**YOU DONT NEED A 3PIECE RING TO BE GOOD***

@ Others

I see ppl talking about rings giving you better stats and what not and how it's not fair. What about level 75 players who don't use the elite bow or ppl who still don't have sets. You can't tell me you have NEVER play against one of these players. Well that's not fair your stats are better!!

There aren players who have been around for years but this was their first cap. I agree with Cheen, I do not think they should be able to get ring because they chose not to cap.

If additional rIng where allowed to be obtained they should be somewhat inferior to the original rings. They would still be beneficial to those who don't have one.

If STS implemented new rings with same old stats it tells players they don't have to cap as soon as it comes out cuz STS will let them get one later. When STS does come out with new cap, what is the incentive for customers to buy plat and cap quickly. Implementing these new 3 piece rings will also hurt the future cash flow to STS.

Please stop looking at it from a jealously perspective (I don't have so I should be able to get cuz I want one) look at it from a business perspective. It might bring in a quick cash now, but there will be no need for anyone to cap next cap or the following.
    I know you don't need a three piece to be good, but it sure helps. No doubt about that. And I agree with each had there choices after the 56 cap, but I think he means for the new people, who joined this cap or prior cap. Even I wish I had capped, I'm a founder, but 56 I didn't know there was gonna be a bonus, 61 I didn't have a device to play on, 66 I capped, 71 I was in the hospital with some pretty life changing stuff, (no I was not in the whole time but a game was the last thing on my mind.), and 76 I was back to cap again. Sometimes it's not saying "It's too much xp I'm not gonna cap." Yet life wouldn't allow it. That's just my case tho. And I don't mean to be offensive. was just saying what I think.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevenmc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Argument: an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.
    how is this not an argument?
    I disagree with your solution.
    Can't I express my thoughts?
    I posted what I believe to be right
    It looks to me that you quoted, agreed, and thanked people who agreed with ur thoughts and criticized most people who disagreed with you.
    I have not "criticized" one single person in this thread, except you. That is, if we go by the definition below-

Criticize- to find fault; judge unfavorably or harshly.

I believe I criticized you for a very legitimate reason as well. Here is the quote-

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    I responded to this a few posts up. If you would like to post, post something useful please. I'm sure Delphina wouldn't mind giving you an infraction. Tyvm.
    Three posts, using the the bare minimum of 3 letters, posting the exact same thing, is pointless. I do not want to have to handle idle posts on a non-troll thread. If you were serious (I'm not doubting you) then you could have just thanked one of the previous, "I do," posts.

I am fine with people disagreeing with my idea. Each post for me takes about 15-30mins to write. For the people who have agreed with my post, I just thank them. As much as I would really like to quote them, I save that for the people who are controversial, or have questions.

People may disagree, but I can't control that. I can provide them with all the facts and proof as I can muster in text and images however. Speaking of which, if you have another question, or possible problem with my suggestion, feel free to post it, ImHawk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

I could care less if people had founders, and I have one. And what are they taking away from you? Nothing, they are giving everyone a chance to catch up to you item wise. And if it really doesn't help in pvp, why don't all the 3PC people not use them? You scared? I'm kidding obviously haha, but you see my point hopefully. I have a 2 ring on my mage, and when I take it off, there is a Notable difference. It requires more skill to not die and more attacks to kill. If I can notice the difference on a 2pc, I can imagine the difference on a 3PC dragon ring toon. People can say "It doesn't help" but it does. It gives a winning advantage. A pally with no ring vs my int mage with no ring is a joke, I can kill them easy. But a pally with 3PC dragon vs my 2PC is just dumb. They do enough damage to kill me with 2 skills and an auto, let alone the dodge factor.

Edit: This was a test I did with a pally friend of mine. I'm not just saying it. No ring vs no ring I won, and when he equipped the ring he had, 3PC dragon, and when I equipped the ring I had, he won 70% of the time, I would estimate.
    Last edited by Stevenmc; 01-22-2014 at 08:25 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevenmc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

i never said it doesnt help in PvP that was angeldawn, you can go ahead and find all my comments,Ive never said that...
    learn whats going on instead of accusing people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

i never said it doesnt help in PvP that was angeldawn, you can go ahead and find all my comments,Ive never said that...
    We are not against you bro. Steven was just adding to the usefulness of a 3pc in pvp, and how much it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenmc View Post
    I could care less if people had founders, and I have one. And what are they taking away from you? Nothing, they are giving everyone a chance to catch up to you item wise. And if it really doesn't help in pvp, why don't all the 3PC people not use them? You scared? I'm kidding obviously haha, but you see my point hopefully.
    This is a really crucial part of his post.^
    Thanks for reiterating this, Steven.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

giving everyone to catch up just isnt fair...
    might as well give everyone to have a chance at getting the egg so they can "catch up"
    sometimes life isnt fair..
    if you miss your opportunity thats that....
    not trying to make STS available to you because you were either to lazy to cap or you came late

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

That post wasn't just about what you said, I just quoted yours because it was the first thing I responded to, and I'm on a phone, it's terrible trying to multi quote. I wasn't accusing you, it was a general post. Sorry!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Dang, I ran out of thanks. Is it just me, or are the same things being said over and over again by Argyros? Lol.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lightzone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

might as well give everyone to have a chance at getting the egg so they can "catch up"
    not trying to make STS available to you because you were either to lazy to cap or you came late
    The thing is, we still have an opportunity, it's called new caps. Just atm we can't get them, and no new caps are around. A 3 piece ring is not an exclusive item, the vanities are, the ring is not, as somewhere in the future it is obtainable. We simply were saying if we did the same amount of work, maybe more, to get a 3PC ring as it already took, it would make the "elite" obtainable by all. The vanities would stay exclusive, saying you did it when you did. And define came late? It's not like this game is a class that you have to be at at 8AM. It is a game, and when was the last time you saw it on the top lists or featured in the App Store? A long time. So people find it whenever they find it. It's not their fault for "coming late."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

The thing is, we still have an opportunity, it's called new caps. Just atm we can't get them, and no new caps are around. A 3 piece ring is not an exclusive item, the vanities are, the ring is not, as somewhere in the future it is obtainable. We simply were saying if we did the same amount of work, maybe more, to get a 3PC ring as it already took, it would make the "elite" obtainable by all. The vanities would stay exclusive, saying you did it when you did. And define came late? It's not like this game is a class that you have to be at at 8AM. It is a game, and when was the last time you saw it on the top lists or featured in the App Store? A long time. So people find it whenever they find it. It's not their fault for "coming late."
    Exactly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

yes so wait patiently for the cap..
    they came late so what? STS: oh i feel terribly sorry here is a founders helm and all the vanities that you missed out on
    erm no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I understand that not everything is fair. This thread is not meant to find new ways for a player to obtain an egg. The egg won't last because it is a l76 item, new items may come. Rings will always be important.
    The same players don't always have to stay above everyone else. Is that what you want? Is that what you think is fair? Letting older players stay above regular players stat-wise? Forever? That is exactly what will happen.