Thread: Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    1st Bold Paragraph- No you do not have to grind 200k xp to get each toon a random Lil vanity and title. If you are motivated, or have a rhino or fox, or have not capped 3 times, go right ahead. There is no point in a player who has a l76 with a 3pc, to grind 200k elite xp to elite II. Unless they want a lil vanity or title. It is mainly for players who are up to the challenge to obtain a 2/3pc.

**As I have said before, no one needs a 3pc ring to be good. But at a certain point, you can't get any better because the lack in stats. Skilled bird vs skilled bird with 3pc, who will win? 3pc bird off.***

2nd Bold Paragraph- This thread isn't promoting equality. If a player doesn't have gear, he should go to ao2, solo all maps, farm plasma until he can buy one. If a player doesn't have pheonix because he's l75, let him grind at bsm. Bsm is free to all ofc. Otherwise the player is simply lazy, and does not deserve the extra stats.

3rd Bold Paragraph- Are you serious? If a player was around for earlier caps, but were to lazy/didn't care/were noobs, why should it bother you? If they aren't motivated to cap, let them grind as hard or harder, for the same objective you capped these last 5 caps. The rest of that paragraph translates to selfishness. Many players joined after the bsm cap! You are basically saying, I don't want those people to ever be able to get an elite ring! What if there is never an 86 cap? They will never get one? That is folly Angel.

4th Bold Paragraph- Balderdash. A player grinded 300k+ xp for a 3pc, let new player grind 300k+ for a 3pc. Let them get the same 3pc. If an alternative 3 piece is slightly downgraded, what would be the point of grinding 300k+ xp? There wouldn't be a point. The goal is to allow players to be on the same stat level as other oldies, ofc they must work like the oldies did for it. Make sense yet?

5th Bold Paragraph- Bleep Bleep, wrong. Have you not noticed the pattern in new caps yet? When Humania came out, about 50+ people rushed to cap and got the volcanut. Then they changed the vanity. In bsm, 375ish players rushed to the cap in four days, to get an egg. That's how players were motivated to cap fast. The next cap, I believe sts will make a 3rd vanity/op armor that players may obtain by capping in the first 4 days. The volcanut and the egg matched btw. Sts is savvy. An exclusive item would solve that problem haha. If a new cap came out, new players will join, thus eventually wanted a 3pc ring. If this suggestion was implemented, it would solve that problem for any new cap to come. Does that make sense as well?

6th Bold Paragraph- Where, in any of these 6 pages of posts did I ever even hint of not having a 2-3pc ring? Well I have capped in fang on up, (I joined late nuris) and I have one of the elite rings. If I look at it in a business perspective I see how it will work. If there is an 81 cap, all sts has to do, is implement 3+ elite quests (like shadow minion) that give some recolored/revamped vanities. They gotta be sick tho. Solves the problems.

Capaholics just capped his 19th character! Gz to him btw. Some players just cap for the fun of capping. If there is another cap, trust me, players will cap. ^^
    1) I shouldn't have to do what I have already done to get the vanity and title?? See the point??

2) Your thread is only promoting equality. You want every to have the same stats and same items even though they chose their paths and chose not to cap. Capping was available to everyone. Everyone has known since 56 that elite cap items give stats. They made their choices.

3) Yes I am serious. I don't think if they chose not to cap they should now get the same item. It should be inferior. And this goes for my other toons as well (my fox and rhino). I also think you must be 76 as well. If this is implemented. You should not be allowed to go and make your 71 a 3 piece.

4) The point is it would be something. Something is better than nothing. Here again you advocate equality.

5) Look at the list of ppl who capped in that 370+ (2 being myself) Most are PVPer they wanted the stats!! Most pvpers don't like PVE. They only cap to get rings and bonuses. There are many 76s with 3 pieces rings that don't cap their alts cuz they hate PVE. if STS doesn't reward with stats or increase the number of rings (which they said they won't) there is no incentive for PVPers to spend money and cap. A worthless vanity vs 100k xp. Most will say no thanks.

6) if there is no increase to the number of rings and everyone now has 3 pieces. There is no point in capping for PVPers who hate PVE. It is all lost revenue.

7) I cap just to cap. I have 7 toons capped but spend most my time in PVP. For as long as this cap has been out 13 doesn't seem extraordinary but congrats to him!! That's more than a month to cap each. It's PVPers who complain about the rings not PVEers. It's PVPers that they will lose income from.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post: