Thread: leveling as a ranger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default leveling as a ranger

I've been slogging through the forum trying to find the ratio of Dex / Str to use while i level but i cant seem to find it.
    Mrs. Vixen's guide is great, it helps a lot in showing new players how to feel out the class, but it also assumes that those players know that ratio.

Another question i have is how is it possible that i'm missing more than half my attacks? My hit% is high, i'm stacking +hit gear, and i use fury often enough, i even did the unthinkable forum sin and increased fury's level. I'm still missing more than half my shots. It's a little bizzare.

Please assist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

The ratio really doens't matter if you are pveing. If you are gonna pvp, then if you want str set, put as little as possible and the rest in dex. If pure, then put all into dex.

@Missing hit, most of foxes attacks are close ranged so maybe u should get closer to the enemies if you do not know range yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I respectfully disagree, pvp players constantly say that, but the entire game isn't about pvp.
    And while pvp is a worthy distraction endgame, it doesn't even rank as a side note while you level. So for more than half the game's active life i'm supposed to miss more than half my overall attack percentage? Simply because it doesn't matter that i do?
    Yall might think it's fun to be considered a liability in groups but i certainly don't. Not to mention that the vast majority of players dont even want to level with a ranger, our damage is considerably lower without that bump in STR, and our survivability is laughable at best UNLESS we increase STR and use plate.
    The only other viable option is becoming pure-dex and missing out on so much more damage than what autoattack + base (skill) attacks give us.

I would love to see more comprehensive research put into this. If anyone is willing to help me with the effort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We are supposed to be the weakest but i support the wolf pack and encourage people to use rangers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Rangers are meant for close range try getting closer and use a str set if you dont have a good party if you have couple pallies in your party use a dex set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

most of foxes attacks are close ranged so maybe u should get closer to the enemies if you do not know range yet.

So how do you know what the range is? I've looked at a lot of bow stats as a bow-person fox lvl 66 but I don't see the range. I always wondered why, with all the other stats, why you couldn't know that.