Thread: Need help merching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Need help merching

Hey, i need some useful tips to merch. First thing that i want to know is what items are frequently bought, and how i should price...

Any help would be appreciated
    -noob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I'm assuming you've read the guides found in link below.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...-Player-Guides

Some people get merching and some people don't. The people that do aren't asking anyone for prices, they do the leg work and figure it out. Start with items you know and expand from there. Understanding cs, pvp, farming, what makes an item desirable, and all your different classes is where I'd start. If the answer is,"I have" then maybe merching isn't your thing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonthan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Hes correct^ some people its just not their thing. Make sure you're careful when merching with the cs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

What i do is buy eveything off th cs sstore and reselll itr highser whenn theeres noo onee elses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rolocolo View Post
    What i do is buy eveything off th cs sstore and reselll itr highser whenn theeres noo onee elses
    Great idea!! Hopefully I can turn my 50k to one millionnn

Quick! Staring contest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Hello

I am very conservative kind of merchant, so you need to consider my advice like that. I personaly do merch with almost any kind of items worth 10k+. And I almost never make those buyout advertisements in public chat and buying from people very rarely. Thats not the advantage for sure, I just never got very comfortable with personal dealings, and I also hate to offer lowballs to those, who dont know items value. I mostly buy stuff in CS and sell in CS aswell.

Anyway, what is most important for you is to study learn and watch price range on that group of items you want to merch with. Many people want to know what kind of stuff us "best to merch with?". I have NO answer for this question. Rentability of each item is changing with current supply, demand, pricing etc. But basically, you can earn on almost anything, if you manage your purchases and sales.

Your merchant career hardly depends on style you choose. Essentialy, you can differ two basic styles and theri combinations. Depending on the number of CS slots you have, you can be either pure "CS merchant" like I am, or "Street merchant". For sure, you can use both styles, like buying from players and selling in cs. Also, very hard to say which style is the best. I believe, that you can buy items overal cheaper directly from people (even without being hated lowballer 70% off), especially with set discounts etc. But it requres your time spent advertising your buyout, dealing with people... Among Cs sellers I also distinguish "Fast sellers" who list their items bellow average price to sell them fast and replace with others, or "Cs competitors" who list mostly less common items for pretty top prices, dont mind re-listing within days and wait for the right buyer. You have to choose what is best for you.

"Buy low" is useless advice for sure. Based on your gold state you mentioned, for casual merhing I'd recommend you to choose items in range of 50-500k. This includes glyph items, tiki items, gemstone items (harder to sell) also different haloween stuff, cheaper blacksmoke pinks. For sure thats not all, just examples. I follow one simple rule on items in this price range, whi is: less that 10% profitt (including CS fees) is not succes. For sure there are exceptions but I mostly try to reach this or higher profit on each item.

All in all, there is no easy step-by-step instruction how to become succesfull merchant. It takes decent time for you to find suitable way, then you will improve by the time. I hope I was at least a bit helpful and i with you best luck.

by broadcastle
    thanks to him for his perfect paragraph

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...33063-Merching for the whole thread
    Last edited by quantionus; 01-23-2014 at 03:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billybob1 View Post
    Great idea!! Hopefully I can turn my 50k to one millionnn
    I ackualy ded that once in siksty 6 cap