Thread: How to trade safely on SL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default How to trade safely on SL

Hi,

Some new players don't know how to deal in this game, it's normal. we all passed through this. Trades tend to be less and less secure. People are creating new techniques. He are some scams that can be easily avoided.

---------

Here be the most common:

May I try your weapon? (he is talking about the fire gun, aka napalm)
    May I borrow it? I promise I'll give back! Man I'm legit! (nova blasters)
    I just want to try it plz!, just 1 minute!

Solution: no sorry

If you can tell them "NO", you are a boss.

AVOID LENDING AN ITEM. YOU CAN'T GET IT BACK. SUPPORTS CAN'T HELP YOU ABOUT THAT, because you consent to give it. The trade/giveaway was legit and you got scammed... too bad

---------

Some scams can be avoided. There is scam that some player love to do. They offer you items from an other game like Arcane legend for an item on SL.

"Someone did offered me The Leprechaun Bundle for my Fused napalm carbine. I refused. if someone ask you for this kind of trade, tell him that he is doing wrong or report him. If you still see him looking for people to scam, I think you MUST report him automatically."

It' is like a real world trade: IT'S NOT SAFE!

---------

Some people can offer you to buy the drop you just looted. Be sure that he offers the right price for it. He may offer you a high price, but lower from the real value.

"Someone did offered me 375k for my fused napalm carbine. I told him that I'm not selling it"

You can't really report this player, but honestly it's still scamming.

---------

Do not sell an item for more items, ask CASH. Some items are very hard to sell and they are often sold for low prices. Ask the buyer to sell his items before buying yours. Beleive me, you would be happier than receiving items.

---------

When trading with someone, avoid showing ALL your cash and valueables. He may ask for more cash,... because you have more... and you REALLY want the item.

---------

Some players sell accounts, should I buy it for ingame credits?

Well, this is like real world trading. He is not allowed to give you his email and password. Furthermore, he might claim his password back by claiming that he forgot it, and get the account back, and you lost your credits.

You MUST report him for scamming.

---------

I saw people selling guild charters, platinum cards, so much unlegit trades! Be carefull and never get into these trades

---------

Let's not talk about beggars who beg for credits and free vanities. Most of them (99%) are "alts" and not really new players. New players usually play as everybody and beg rarelly. A good thing to do is to mute them. Reporting is unusefull. Supports have enough work to do.

---------

To summarize, when you see something that is not legit, like intergame trades or accounts sell, ask a near high leveled player, ask a friend, ask on the guildchat (using "/ g"), ask for help on support, ask on the forum, ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION and always check before doing the last confirmation

To finish, here be a litle video of a scammer trying to scam. I randomly spotted him and I forgot to stop shooting (during farming). Enjoy and see how Scam is so well made.

One more thing, have fun playing Star Legends. There are not only bad players, so enjoy playing with good ones! XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thx for the useful post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Mute is the most powerful solution...
    It has been a long day~~~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Selling guilds doesn't violate any rules, you just need to know what you're doing since you can't do it through trade. I used to sell a few tier 3's for reasonal prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Great post! XD
    Uphold the magic of friendship, with a heart of gold and nerves of steel. This is my creed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Selling guilds doesn't violate any rules, you just need to know what you're doing since you can't do it through trade. I used to sell a few tier 3's for reasonal prices.
    Still, its unsafe, someone could be master and boot you. Or you pay money but you dont get promoted. See the risk?