Thread: Mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zwapper:1442676
    ^ i aggree!!!

warrior always hunt mages!!!

the only problem i saw here is that, warrior and rouges can defeat any other class with the same build of choice but sorcs need to have a certain skill set just to defeat a certain class!!!
    ex: for warriors. (from energezeric PoV) light, time, heal and shield. This is devastating even to those pro warriors but you cannot use this vs pro rouges coz there is no enough attack skills that can kill rouges on this build. they can counter this just by using their skill with dash (idk the name of that skill) and we need to have stun just to stop a pro rouge before we drop a clock.

for rouges. for me having 3 attack skill are more effective way to kill pro rouges. fire, light, ice, shield. curse also is very good against rouges but you should know how to handle or use curse properly in right timing. But curse is not effective on warriors.

just my opinion.

>>> for me the only skill that need to buff is our heal!!! we are support class so we need to be good in supporting other. Heal is the best support that we can give to other class but their heal is way better on us. rouges heal cool down and HoT is way better than sorcs they can even spam heal and drop many packs as they want until the packs gone. even warriors heal they can have the invi and HoT and they have Mana regen also. and now with new myth dagger for rouges they can have already the shield that is build only for sorcs.

all buff skills of sorcs are available on other classes. so, what is the use of sorcs being support class if other classes can support by their own!!!
    no reply for this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yeah mage I know mage is support char but sometime mage need to be helpfull not just heal

Arcane Legends player ign: Anafaoete, Beastvalent, Spancers
    silent doesn't mean not do anything, dare to touch me I will kill without mercy
    Jomey & Sterent
    Guild: Resilience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steven_soj View Post
    Yeah mage I know mage is support char but sometime mage need to be helpfull not just heal

Arcane Legends player ign: Anafaoete, Beastvalent, Spancers
    Exactly
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

yeah i know!!! but the thing is sorcs built mainly for support and AoE damage and we need a bulk meat (warrior) just to stay alive on the battle field.

** as for my experience playing other mmorpg there is only certain class that is built for healing and support only, and all other classes depend on that support bcoz all of them (except the healer class) are not capable of healing themselves. And it is unfair for us being the least in armor and health. but im not raging on sorcs ability though i can manage to kill most of warriors (on my level bracket) but pro warrior is hard and near to impossible (to defeat) even pro rouges became stronger after the release of tarlok items, rouges can do 2 hits combo on mages even with shield on.

I hope devs will do some changes for sorcs to make AL more challenging and balance in pvp.

Another thing. If sorcs also built for AoE they should be the best in PvE but try to check LB, most of the PvE type section dominated by rouges (timed runs). So, what is the use of sorcs here (maybe just to give initial damage to enemies and finish everything by a rouge.)

BTW i saw some warriors having higher damage than sorcs. Whew!!! is this how you define balanced class.
    ZWAPPER
    Strengthen by defeat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

How can you call mages the support class? We don't have a good healing skill, all we do is deal aoe damage and rogues then take our kills.

In other mmo's I have played, a support class was one who could buff and defend allies, heal allies and still deliver decent damage. Mages in al can only do 2/4 things I have listed, imo we aren't a support class but we do need a buff, I suggest sts buff our heal and shield as well as our armor.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I think mages need an armor buff, I've made a thread in the suggestions forum about it: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=134977

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I'm a mage and I think I do fine. I used to pvp on my first mage and he was decent. I hardly pvp now cuz I'm farming to get mythics and even when farming I always do major damage, and I only have pinks (the best pinks for lvl 35 atm)

I do feel we need an armor buff though cuz we so squishy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zwapper View Post
    yeah i know!!! but the thing is sorcs built mainly for support and AoE damage and we need a bulk meat (warrior) just to stay alive on the battle field.

** as for my experience playing other mmorpg there is only certain class that is built for healing and support only, and all other classes depend on that support bcoz all of them (except the healer class) are not capable of healing themselves. And it is unfair for us being the least in armor and health. but im not raging on sorcs ability though i can manage to kill most of warriors (on my level bracket) but pro warrior is hard and near to impossible (to defeat) even pro rouges became stronger after the release of tarlok items, rouges can do 2 hits combo on mages even with shield on.

I hope devs will do some changes for sorcs to make AL more challenging and balance in pvp.

Another thing. If sorcs also built for AoE they should be the best in PvE but try to check LB, most of the PvE type section dominated by rouges (timed runs). So, what is the use of sorcs here (maybe just to give initial damage to enemies and finish everything by a rouge.)

BTW i saw some warriors having higher damage than sorcs. Whew!!! is this how you define balanced class.
    How does this make sense? First you say sorcerers are squishy and you need a warrior to stay alive. Then you say, "I hope devs will do some changes for sorcs to make AL more challenging." You just said you can't stay alive on your own, then you say you want the game to be even more challenging.

And how do you know who the people are in the timed runs section that are rogues? I think you were just making assumptions.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

(This a reply to miracle bird comment about dodging) If rogues could dodge skills in pvp it would absolutely destroy the balance of pvp in the game.

1. This is heavily favored buff for rogues since most other classes dont have more that 5% crit without pet.

2. If you could dodge skills in pvp, mages and warriors would become alot weaker. And if mages and warriors are alot weaker then a rogue with dodge. Whats the point of being any other class in pvp.

3. You would be making mages even more unreliable in pvp since all we have is our stuns which we cant even stun you for 7 seconds and a stun lasts about 1-3 seconds. So thats 4-6 seconds for you kill a mage.Now u want to make that mage only hit his skills 1\2the time.

4. With rogues being able to dodge in pvp theres no way someone could kill a equally geared rogue in a 1v1, since there only getting hit half the time and your health packs have the same cooldown. Only way u would be able to be killed if it was a 2v1 and the 2 got lucky and you hardly ever dodged

This is why rogues would be way to op pvp if they had doge working for skills and would destroy the balance of pvp worse then it already is
    Last edited by robgames62; 01-27-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

lol@pvp
    lol@this thread
    lol@loling for the sake of loling

11. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Calm Down Everyone.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2
    Bael and Krunch II worst nightmare...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Just want to say that mages were never meant for supoort. Just because we provide you with mana and most of our skills are AoE does not prove that we are for support as far as im concerned warriors are for support. With rally cry, venge (give mana when in the radius) and the best heal in the game. Honestly mages only provide the following:
    1. a very good stun.
    2. we can cap rogues and warriors mana with one heal.
    3. and curse which give a damage debuff and taget recieves more damage.

obviously we are not the primary support class. and the fact that warriors can do support, tank, deal a lot of damage and can stun more than mages is not reassuring O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    How can you call mages the support class? We don't have a good healing skill, all we do is deal aoe damage and rogues then take our kills.

In other mmo's I have played, a support class was one who could buff and defend allies, heal allies and still deliver decent damage. Mages in al can only do 2/4 things I have listed, imo we aren't a support class but we do need a buff, I suggest sts buff our heal and shield as well as our armor.
    Sir I 100% agree

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sky_is_epicgearz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thepitcher View Post
    I'm a mage also, use the right skills and u can manage to be a great player in both pvp and pve. And about damage: u are saying rogues have highest dmg?? Its mages!! Look at a mage with arcane staff, he has 600 dmg!!
    An undergeared lower level rogue can get higher actual damage to an enemy with aimed shot. Mage dmage looks good on paper but thats about it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to phillyr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Please don't comment on a thread about end game mages when you obviously are into twinking. How often do you see a rogue with tarlok potency at end game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robgames62 View Post
    (This a reply to miracle bird comment about dodging) If rogues could dodge skills in pvp it would absolutely destroy the balance of pvp in the game.

1. This is heavily favored buff for rogues since most other classes dont have more that 5% crit without pet.

2. If you could dodge skills in pvp, mages and warriors would become alot weaker. And if mages and warriors are alot weaker then a rogue with dodge. Whats the point of being any other class in pvp.

3. You would be making mages even more unreliable in pvp since all we have is our stuns which we cant even stun you for 7 seconds and a stun lasts about 1-3 seconds. So thats 4-6 seconds for you kill a mage.Now u want to make that mage only hit his skills 1\2the time.

4. With rogues being able to dodge in pvp theres no way someone could kill a equally geared rogue in a 1v1, since there only getting hit half the time and your health packs have the same cooldown. Only way u would be able to be killed if it was a 2v1 and the 2 got lucky and you hardly ever dodged

This is why rogues would be way to op pvp if they had doge working for skills and would destroy the balance of pvp worse then it already is
    You're right, rogues being able to dodge attacks will completely destroy pvp but this will never happen. The stun invunerability needs to be nerfed to 5 secs because without a panic pet you cannot stun lock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_is_epicgearz View Post
    Just want to say that mages were never meant for supoort. Just because we provide you with mana and most of our skills are AoE does not prove that we are for support as far as im concerned warriors are for support. With rally cry, venge (give mana when in the radius) and the best heal in the game. Honestly mages only provide the following:
    1. a very good stun.
    2. we can cap rogues and warriors mana with one heal.
    3. and curse which give a damage debuff and taget recieves more damage.

obviously we are not the primary support class. and the fact that warriors can do support, tank, deal a lot of damage and can stun more than mages is not reassuring O.o

Sir I 100% agree
    100% agree, warrior are most likely the support class, in pve warriors are not needed and sometimes in pvp a group of mages and rogues can take down a team with 1 warrior.

If there isn't a shield, armor and heal buff please sts just buff our damage a little bit, its unfair how rogues can kill all 3 classes and so can warriors but why can mages only kill 2/3?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    Please don't comment on a thread about end game mages when you obviously are into twinking. How often do you see a rogue with tarlok potency at end game?
    The title of this thread is mage. it is not stated as end game mage!!!

come on!!!!
    ZWAPPER
    Strengthen by defeat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

The title of this thread is mage. it is not stated as end game mage!!!

come on!!!!
    Yes I know but we are mostly talking about how mages at endgame are up, a mage twink is another thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

LOL,

but i want to narrate my experience on twink lvl as a mage!!! and besides twink are not too far from end game the only difference is we can have the best gear cheaper than the end game!!! in twink, warriors mostly dominates and mages are just farming class of other toons. Even rouges, they're always going after the sorcs for good kdr. There are only few mages that can match up with rouges in my lvl.
    ZWAPPER
    Strengthen by defeat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cindersx View Post
    How does this make sense? First you say sorcerers are squishy and you need a warrior to stay alive. Then you say, "I hope devs will do some changes for sorcs to make AL more challenging." You just said you can't stay alive on your own, then you say you want the game to be even more challenging.

And how do you know who the people are in the timed runs section that are rogues? I think you were just making assumptions.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    actually, i just want to state that "devs should do a little bit of buffs so that mages can give a good fight to other classes"

and i want the game to be more challenging to other classes. Coz, on my experience as a twink they always bully mages. they always look for sorcs to farm. even those who are using dummys, they are using sorcs. So, where is the fun here. if you're sorcs and you're new to this game probably you'll end up quitting on sorcs and change to other class!!!

Only my point of view!!!
    ZWAPPER
    Strengthen by defeat