Thread: Kragg Cannon Fire Ap???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Default Kragg Cannon Fire Ap???

Making a 3-4 AP like fire kragg cannons for 10/50/100/250Times (Sounds funny,eh?). What's your ideas? There are many things which are not used by people...and a leaderboard for the people who fired the cannon many times?with title in the LB called "[Fun]Kragg Cannon Fires" and granting a banner at season end :P so?what's your ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

This is the 2121th thread in suggestion section lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Instead of who fired the most, my suggestion would be who fired the most consecutive successful shots. Adds a whole more fun to it and prevents it from the sad end of being spammed to get on leaderboard by a certain few.

An achievement or two for this wouldn't be bad though.

Overall, this and many others are nice suggestions but if I had to categorize it as dev, it would be at the "stuff we won't be really making anytime soon" folder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

"I walk into kraag, and this is what i see, everybody's lieing on the ground and staring at me."

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    "I walk into kraag, and this is what i see, everybody's lieing on the ground and staring at me."
    Theyve got fashion on the ground and they aint afraid to SHOW IT!! SHOW IT!! SHOW IT!!........Why is everybody lieing?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Hmm you guys are supporting?lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    I got blasted by the cannon and I'm not afraid to stay dead stay dead. I'm blasted and I know it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

There is no point in having any AP that can be finished by anyone without much effort in less than an hour. It's just a boring waste of time and everyone will do it just to get it done, but nobody will enjoy doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    There is no point in having any AP that can be finished by anyone without much effort in less than an hour. It's just a boring waste of time and everyone will do it just to get it done, but nobody will enjoy doing it.

Like flags?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    There is no point in having any AP that can be finished by anyone without much effort in less than an hour. It's just a boring waste of time and everyone will do it just to get it done, but nobody will enjoy doing it.Exactly

Like flags? Exactly, flags AP is an abomination because nowadays people just find flag rooms and easily get them without a problem.
    yep
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Like flags?
    No, the flag APs take a bit longer than an hour.

The flagging APs were never a problem until recently because there are not enough APs and for most pro players these are the only APs left to do. If there were tons more APs to do (that were time consuming), then this would not be a problem.

And if there were no flagging APs then about 100 players would have all of the APs and be bored of the game because there is nothing left to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

10 and 15 successful consecutive shots AP's wouldn't be done in an hour. There's about 30-40% chance (yes, I don't think it's 50-50) to backfire. I'd like to add 5 and 20 AP's to those two but 5 would be too easy and 20 too hard.

It's going to be another one that needs luck and not skill. Although it wouldn't be surprising something like this is needed to be in the top players since we already have things such as red letter day, elusive four and child's play.

Luck is random; alright yeah but the more time you put into it, the better your chances are. So it's still a worthy criterion.

Imho, 10k flags is probably the most unnecessary thing ever added. An effort to calibrate the PvE-PvP AP's? Failed. 10k PvE kills are achieved before 20 without any special effort while the corresponding PvP achievement takes months of hard work.

100k PvE kills, 1k PvP flags. Problem solved, game experience improved, CTF is freed of tedious flagging rooms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    10 and 15 successful consecutive shots AP's wouldn't be done in an hour. There's about 30-40% chance (yes, I don't think it's 50-50) to backfire. I'd like to add 5 and 20 AP's to those two but 5 would be too easy and 20 too hard.

It's going to be another one that needs luck and not skill. Although it wouldn't be surprising something like this is needed to be in the top players since we already have things such as red letter day, elusive four and child's play.

Luck is random; alright yeah but the more time you put into it, the better your chances are. So it's still a worthy criterion.

Imho, 10k flags is probably the most unnecessary thing ever added. An effort to calibrate the PvE-PvP AP's? Failed. 10k PvE kills are achieved before 20 without any special effort while the corresponding PvP achievement takes months of hard work.

100k PvE kills, 1k PvP flags. Problem solved, game experience improved, CTF is freed of tedious flagging rooms.
    If they did it the way you suggest then a few hundred players including myself would have all the achievements and there would be nothing left to do.

How about adding some achievements that are actually hard and will take some time...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I'm not saying no to more achievements but making a specific few way harder than the rest is unreasonable. If there was some kind of scaling difficulty I'd get it, but 10k flags is uncomparable with any other AP difficulty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    I'm not saying no to more achievements but making a specific few way harder than the rest is unreasonable. If there was some kind of scaling difficulty I'd get it, but 10k flags is uncomparable with any other AP difficulty.
    I agree, but I think the solution is to match that one with a few others. I'd like to see PvE Kills all the way up to 1m (perhaps even 5m as a few players may get there in the coming year), and PvP Kills all the way up to 100k (and maybe even higher). I'd also like to see some elite boss quests that turn into APs, like "defeat 100 elite Nordr bosses", "defeat 500 elite Nordr bosses", etc..... and see these for all expansions. Basically it should be such so that anything that a hardcore player likes to do in the game should be rewarded with APs. If you like to farm mobs in the tombs, you get PvE Kills APs, if you like to farm elites, you get elite boss APs, if you like to do PvP for kills, you get PvP Kills APs, and if you like to do CTF to get flags, you get Flagging APs. And all of these APs should be just as difficult as the Flags APs, so that nobody can possibly get them all. Then you will never feel forced into doing a certain AP since that is the only one left.... there will always be tons of APs left for everyone, so you can concentrate on your area of choice and there will always be another AP in that area.

You implement these kinds of changes and CTF will suddenly go back to how it was in season 2/3. Remember back then everyone still had a ton of APs to get, so people were spread out throughout the game, and even most of those in CTF were concentrating on kills and NOT on flags. It was only once most of the players reached 10k PvP kills that they all started concentrating on flagging, because there were not anymore PvP Kills APs.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-26-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I agree on your agreement lol, although we shouldn't overdo it with the hardcore content either. Maybe from a capped player's perspective these extreme AP's sound like a great thing to aim for but what about the new player? Probably going to think he'll never get that high and abandon doing AP's in general.

Played games where just looking at all the huge lists of achievements and things that can be done is discouraging you from paying any attention into completing even the most basic of them.

It's all down to why and if it matters to you as a player. Since AP is not displayed on your profile, unless you plan on doing *everything* to get on LB it's an empty title at 10k and that's it.

Doing the list partially earns you nothing; the only worthy rewards lie near completion of the hardest AP's --how it should be-- but it wouldn't hurt to add more attractive rewards for the AP's on your way there.

Should the most attention be given to adding different type of AP's or fixing the ones already here? Not sure.