Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OLD PLAYERS - Does a lot of gold make the game better or worse?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Default OLD PLAYERS - Does a lot of gold make the game better or worse?

For those of you season 1-2 players who have gained wealth over your year of playing this game, do you feel you had more fun when you were farming for gold and you had a purpose and a target - 'inspiration' and 'motivation' or do you prefer pvp and merching?

P.s no one ask me for all my gold and say if you want to be poor give your gold to me

although in my opinion I did prefer being poor
    Being a noob was/is the good times ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I enjoyed the pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat View Post
    For those of you season 1-2 players who have gained wealth over your year of playing this game, do you feel you had more fun when you were farming for gold and you had a purpose and a target - 'inspiration' and 'motivation' or do you prefer pvp and merching?

P.s no one ask me for all my gold and say if you want to be poor give your gold to me

although in my opinion I did prefer being poor
    Being a noob was/is the good times ...

Who likes being poor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Farming and merching is fun so I do both. I don't need motivation I just do it because I like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Lol gold is always good! I'm always equip /pet rich, gold poor! I still rotate pets!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Lol gold is always good! I'm always equip /pet rich, gold poor! I still rotate pets!
    You're "rich" and you rotate pets to save gold?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I miss the "good ol' days"....sometimes.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    I miss the "good ol' days"....sometimes.
    Season 2 pvp was so much fun Can't remember if PvP came out during season 2 or towards the end of season 1 but it was so much more fun than it is now. No matter what class you were you could of killed either class. Warriors had their glitched windmill and sorc's and rogues had their stun locks. xD

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Imjebus For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imjebus View Post
    Season 2 pvp was so much fun Can't remember if PvP came out during season 2 or towards the end of season 1 but it was so much more fun than it is now. No matter what class you were you could of killed either class. Warriors had their glitched windmill and sorc's and rogues had their stun locks. xD
    Ctf came out in mid season 2 and I was always told about glitched windmill what was that about lol
    It never worked for me, ruined my kd during lv 21 XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

It does discourage me how easily someone new can just buy a bunch of plat, open a thousand crates, and suddenly they are richer than I am and have better gear than I do. In PL the plat spenders would get these OP elixirs which gave much better drops and let you complete the dungeons much easier. While that eventually became a problem, it did mean that new players still had to work to get their wealth. It does seem like now you can just strike it rich from the beginning, and I see far too many noobs walking around with arcane gear that even I cannot afford. So yes, it is a bit discouraging.

I do miss the season 1/2 pre-locked crate days a bit, but obviously STS has to make some money on this game, and locked crates is how they are doing it. I just wish they figured out a way to make it so that more effort was required. I understand that plat users should have some sort of significant advantage or else they won't spend their money. But I wish some more effort was needed on their part to have that advantage.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I remember season 1 where elite golden chests were at 100k at some points. Also, I remember when 10 mil gold was max :P

I never got more then 500k in season one but had very good gear.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

It was and is still really not all that bad being "poor." I'm still trying to earn gold for my characters and I'm still obviously trying to get gold for collectibles and such I would think having like 500m would be fun, but VERY boring. You'd just buy whatever in cs, win all bidding wars, never have to farm ever again, etc. That's why I've pretty much quit PL is because I can get whatever I want, really, and PvP gets really boring after awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Gold is fun..but game play is better (maybe you like vanitys or just like killing something)..imagine playing your old favorite game all the time...like pokemon or errr skyrim..or Super Mario on any nintendo system (this is what STG feels like..a never ending story)...this game doesn't cost you anything but the time you invest. So to some many are rich without even trying...and some are just lucky
    Last edited by octavos; 01-22-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat View Post
    Ctf came out in mid season 2 and I was always told about glitched windmill what was that about lol
    It never worked for me, ruined my kd during lv 21 XD
    Haha if I remember correctly you had to put points in the crit passive and it made you crit like 300s at lvl 10 of each hit with windmill xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pie View Post
    I remember season 1 where elite golden chests were at 100k at some points. Also, I remember when 10 mil gold was max :P

I never got more then 500k in season one but had very good gear.
    You are thinking of season 2, not season 1. Season 1 elite chests could not be sold and were not tradable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    It was and is still really not all that bad being "poor." I'm still trying to earn gold for my characters and I'm still obviously trying to get gold for collectibles and such I would think having like 500m would be fun, but VERY boring. You'd just buy whatever in cs, win all bidding wars, never have to farm ever again, etc. That's why I've pretty much quit PL is because I can get whatever I want, really, and PvP gets really boring after awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Love said being rich was hella fun.

Buy anything, never leave pvp or runs to merch, gain "status". Etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default OLD PLAYERS - Does a lot of gold make the game better or worse?

Those were the days. The time when the almighty mythics and arcane weren't invented yet, the time when PvP was balanced and fun! the time when the term "Twinks" sounded gay, the time when you had 100k, and you felt like you were the richest person on the game, the time when Locked Crates were so easy to get that you don't need luck and that it only costed 1k each. I love the good ol' days lol!!!

-Aligaythor(S1-2), Pilagius(S2-3), Gaythorraid(S3-active), Merdicci(S4-active), Brackenstein(S4-active).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It does discourage me how easily someone new can just buy a bunch of plat, open a thousand crates, and suddenly they are richer than I am and have better gear than I do. In PL the plat spenders would get these OP elixirs which gave much better drops and let you complete the dungeons much easier. While that eventually became a problem, it did mean that new players still had to work to get their wealth. It does seem like now you can just strike it rich from the beginning, and I see far too many noobs walking around with arcane gear that even I cannot afford. So yes, it is a bit discouraging.

I do miss the season 1/2 pre-locked crate days a bit, but obviously STS has to make some money on this game, and locked crates is how they are doing it. I just wish they figured out a way to make it so that more effort was required. I understand that plat users should have some sort of significant advantage or else they won't spend their money. But I wish some more effort was needed on their part to have that advantage.
    I agree. I remember being disappointed at how plat intensive pl was, but still no matter how much plat you spent you still had to farm for your gear. I too don't like the direction al has gone with crates, but perhaps it is a necessary evil???? I think as a result there are probably more "new" rich people than "old" rich people. Yes, older players tend to have better gear and a little more gold, but I dont think that most who have been playing since the begining are necessarily fantastically rich. Unfortunately, I think this results in a lot of animosity towards the "nouveau riche" thinking that they dont deserve their gold. Just troll the forums and you will see what I mean... I wish I could say I was also not occasionally guilty of this

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I Make It A Goal To Get Every Item In The Game, I Have Failed This Goal.
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ancestor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I kinda miss being a fresh player even though im still not rich. Back then, i was like "wow i have 1k! I'm going to buy a lot!"... here i am almost a year later, and i think 500k is poor. I enjoyed being a fresh player because i would start the game, not knowing anything and not knowing what comes next. Now i pretty much understand all the gameplay mechanics, and now the game is boring. It feels like a chore to farm stuff and merching is too risky. So i deleted my lvl 36 character and started anew to try to find some fun in lvling..
    PL: Artaeon (Archer)
    AL: Artaeon (Rogue)

Read my Short, Heroic Love Poem!