Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Skill change in PvP room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey View Post
    The trick is hotkeys...and it is not only rogues who use it...btw ill be makin some enhancements
    IMO, the use of 5 skills are ok. Hotkeys are a unfair, but there isn't anything wrong with 5 skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    IMO, the use of 5 skills are ok. Hotkeys are a unfair, but there isn't anything wrong with 5 skills.
    The use of 5 skills in combat removes the inherent weaknesses of the warrior class and if used effectively, the mage class as well. Rogues weakness lies not in their skills, but in their mana.

If you are allowed to swap out your skills midcombat for another, can I swap out my empty mana bar for a replenished mana bar?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1448230
    The use of 5 skills in combat removes the inherent weaknesses of the warrior class and if used effectively, the mage class as well. Rogues weakness lies not in their skills, but in their mana.

If you are allowed to swap out your skills midcombat for another, can I swap out my empty mana bar for a replenished mana bar?
    As they switch, switch in a mana pet and use the ability and switch.

If you got it, use it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Falmear, the only thing I want fixed is skills being swapped in mid combat. When warriors do this, they literally have no weaknesses. So yes, Energizeric's solution would work best.

Lastly, the dismiss/summon bug is also being patched. So, to patch skill switching mid combat seems fair as well, no?
    I am okay with not allowing skills to be swapped mid combat but I don't believe the devs can implement anything that doesn't disadvantage me in the way I use it between clashes. The way they think you are in combat is when your toon is in 'attack mode'. As you know this is how you can get 1 death and not even be in combat. And adding a delay that would stop this would need to be too long. I am resistant to any change because basically the dev makes one change and even if its worse then don't go back and tweak it in any reasonable amount of time. Gale was changed and they added dash backwards but only after a considerable amount of out cry and a very long time was it changed. Now look at Whim how long before they fix this? So I don't trust they will get it right on the first try. If they can implement something that legitimately stops you from switching skills mid-combat then I'm okay with that. Anything else I am against because mages to be successful in PvP need to run multiple skills. We have 1 skill for flagging, certain skills work better against one class, etc. Unlike warriors and rogues you can't rely on just one build. This is why we end up having to swap skills. While I was flagging some one attacks me and chases after me. Wind is basically the worst PvP skill because of its low damage and when charged for stuns you go flying all over the place crashing into walls. So it needs to be swapped out to another skill. I can go on and on with various examples of why mages need to run multiple skills. Basically we have 1 skill for 1 situation but doesn't work in other situations. Unlike rogues or warriors which have 4 skills that work in all situations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post

If you got it, use it.
    This option will not exist anymore, as the summon/dismiss is being patched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I am okay with not allowing skills to be swapped mid combat but I don't believe the devs can implement anything that doesn't disadvantage me in the way I use it between clashes. The way they think you are in combat is when your toon is in 'attack mode'. As you know this is how you can get 1 death and not even be in combat. And adding a delay that would stop this would need to be too long. I am resistant to any change because basically the dev makes one change and even if its worse then don't go back and tweak it in any reasonable amount of time. Gale was changed and they added dash backwards but only after a considerable amount of out cry and a very long time was it changed. Now look at Whim how long before they fix this? So I don't trust they will get it right on the first try. If they can implement something that legitimately stops you from switching skills mid-combat then I'm okay with that. Anything else I am against because mages to be successful in PvP need to run multiple skills. We have 1 skill for flagging, certain skills work better against one class, etc. Unlike warriors and rogues you can't rely on just one build. This is why we end up having to swap skills. While I was flagging some one attacks me and chases after me. Wind is basically the worst PvP skill because of its low damage and when charged for stuns you go flying all over the place crashing into walls. So it needs to be swapped out to another skill. I can go on and on with various examples of why mages need to run multiple skills. Basically we have 1 skill for 1 situation but doesn't work in other situations. Unlike rogues or warriors which have 4 skills that work in all situations.
    I definitely see your side of the issue and it has merit.

So, if the developers are going to allow this to stay, the summon/dismiss for mana should not be fixed either. Otherwise, I am competing against 5+ skills whilst only having enough mana to combat a 4 skilled warrior.

So, in what world is that fair?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I definitely see your side of the issue and it has merit.

So, if the developers are going to allow this to stay, the summon/dismiss for mana should not be fixed either. Otherwise, I am competing against 5+ skills whilst only having enough mana to combat a 4 skilled warrior.

So, in what world is that fair?
    If they don't fix the summon/dismiss pet issue I'm fine with that. In fact it benefits me more because I don't have to worry so much about giving rogues mana on my team. And sometimes allows me to go without lifegiver for quicker kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If they don't fix the summon/dismiss pet issue I'm fine with that. In fact it benefits me more because I don't have to worry so much about giving rogues mana on my team. And sometimes allows me to go without lifegiver for quicker kills.
    The thing is, it is being fixed so due to that, the fix throws off the balance. I honestly don't see why it is, seeing that spamming Samael gets you nowhere in a timed run. The only time it is annoying is when somebody is spamming Samael in a 5v5 clash. However, that too can be avoided with the proper measures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Kind of reminds me of those who say the NSA spying on people is ok, as long as they use it ONLY to fight terrorism. And I suppose it is ok for you to give me (or any other player) all of your gold to hold as long as we give it back to you when you need it.

The only problem is that all of those things require trust, and there is no way to verify any of them. So those in the NSA can spy on their political enemies, the player holding your gold can decide to steal it, and people playing on a PC can use hotkeys.

I'd prefer some rules to prevent abuses rather than just trusting that none will occur.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheener View Post
    So basically the people who play on phones r screwed... lol like me
    i was using samsung galaxy s3 and now ipad 3 , and thats how i switch , in middle of fight i go to menu then skills and press skills map and change the skill then exit , easy huh? lol

if rogues wanna play fair matches that include 4 skills then sts should decrease their stacked critical buff with the aimed aimed shot , however the critical for all classes goes higher especially for rogues which means their critical with aimed shot might reach 60%+ and higher for next seasons so this skill should be fixed now or later , also they should decrease the damage for uncharged nox bolt / shadow piercer bcs there is a small difference between charged and uncharged nox bolt/shadow piercer damage which gives rogues the chance to use a deadly combo (aimed shot "charged"+ nox bolt "uncharged"+ shadow piercer "uncharged") . u can use this combo in 2 sec and it will do 4-4.5k damag to tanks ,am i wrong or rogues just want to fix other classes and buff their selves .
    Last edited by Xbadboyx; 01-28-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I am okay with not allowing skills to be swapped mid combat but I don't believe the devs can implement anything that doesn't disadvantage me in the way I use it between clashes.
    How about this: a newly mapped skill cannot be used for 3-5 seconds. If you are like me and you're just mapping heal to use between battles, 2 of those seconds are already over by the time you close the mapping screen and get ready to use it. So it won't have an affect on us.

But it will make it undesirable to use during combat as those 3-5 seconds lost could mean losing a fight. Remember that the only people really benefiting from changing skills mid-battle are those using hotkeys, since for most of us it takes at least 2-3 seconds to map a new skill anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Skill change is an advantage of mage and warrior because of the long cooldown. Rogue have all the essential skills with 2 second cooldown.

Skill changing is fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

A possible solution would be that no mapping could be done while character is in attack mode, only during rest mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Rogues will be extremely op next season. I am waiting for it and its only endgame. For twinks warriors r super op. And rogues rnt as good just bc of twink rogues low crit. Next season end game rogues with arcane may reach 70 percent if its not nerfed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

And no one has said how to change skills while in a match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    How about this: a newly mapped skill cannot be used for 3-5 seconds. If you are like me and you're just mapping heal to use between battles, 2 of those seconds are already over by the time you close the mapping screen and get ready to use it. So it won't have an affect on us.

But it will make it undesirable to use during combat as those 3-5 seconds lost could mean losing a fight. Remember that the only people really benefiting from changing skills mid-battle are those using hotkeys, since for most of us it takes at least 2-3 seconds to map a new skill anyway.
    In TDM the pause between clashes is much shorter. Rogues frequently spawn kill (not giving me time to swap skills) and will rush back to try to kill me when my shield is down after I've killed them. All fair play in TDM, unlike CTF which is like a gentleman's battle. So now I have to wait 3 seconds to swap to lifegiver, and another 3 seconds to swap back to using ice. Rogue's can make it back in like 5 seconds and I frequently need to move away and hide for a short bit so it takes them longer to reach me because shield's cool down is so long. So now I have to juggle yet another cool down. And this is basically how 1v1 in TDM is like, you kill them and they rush back before you have had time to heal or shield has finished its cool down. So adding in some delay doesn't work for me. Seems like rogues only want the highest damage, fastest cool downs, the most attacking skills, OP healing and being able to one hit KO people. When people adapt they cry fowl. Sorry but I have no sympathy. The fact that I even have to switch skills between fights is absolutely ridiculous and I can't use all my skills in a fight.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I tried swapping skills in a 1v1 with a warrior from my guild, and twice I ended up in the elix store.....which lead to my death >.<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If they would implement my 1-on-1 PvP Arena/Duel idea then TDM would become more of a group battle so this would no longer be an issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheener View Post
    Rogues will be extremely op next season. I am waiting for it and its only endgame. For twinks warriors r super op. And rogues rnt as good just bc of twink rogues low crit. Next season end game rogues with arcane may reach 70 percent if its not nerfed
    Sheener,

Do you have facts of this happening or are you just making assumptions? If you are just making assumptions, please don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1448253
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post

If you got it, use it.
    This option will not exist anymore, as the summon/dismiss is being patched.
    Yea I know. They deemed that as a bug. Lets see if they deem this as a bug.