Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Skill change in PvP room

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I just want to add a warrior with 5 Skills has no weaknesses.

HOR and Jugg keep him alive and used in correct timing he will never go down in an 1-1, heck even 2-1.

SS and WM(or CS/AT if you're inclined) will keep him doing damage PLUS things like stunning,snaring or crippling.

And finally VB which works both ways will keep his health higher than usual and mana pools in constant regeneration WHILE giving him a nice crit and dmg bonus.

Same can be said for mages but to a much MUCH lesser degree.

As for pet patching I'm fine with it but as a Rogue I use it a lot after battles to regenerate mana before somebody comes for the petty/revenge kill. If they will do this I think they should add a mana regenerating perk to Health packs, simply make the max number of 3 a standard and make that perk regenerate mana.

BTW I play both a Rogue and a Warrior, I have no best interest here in either getting buffed or nerfed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Kind of reminds me of those who say the NSA spying on people is ok, as long as they use it ONLY to fight terrorism. And I suppose it is ok for you to give me (or any other player) all of your gold to hold as long as we give it back to you when you need it.

The only problem is that all of those things require trust, and there is no way to verify any of them. So those in the NSA can spy on their political enemies, the player holding your gold can decide to steal it, and people playing on a PC can use hotkeys.

I'd prefer some rules to prevent abuses rather than just trusting that none will occur.
    I'm sorry, but the idea of 5 skills being ok and hotkeys being bad does not remind me of those who say the NSA spying on people is ok, etc. This has nothing to do with the NSA. If you want my gold, all I have to say is good luck getting me to press that confirmation button. For me, trust isn't an issue when it comes to using 5 skills. If the opponent asks me if I use five skills, I will say yes (most of the time, depending if I'm actually using 5 or not), and it is very much verifiable. I don't see where you are going exactly, besides something about NSA having the authority to spy on you if relating to terrorism, but I still think that the use of 5 skills is ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I'm sorry, but the idea of 5 skills being ok and hotkeys being bad does not remind me of those who say the NSA spying on people is ok, etc. This has nothing to do with the NSA. If you want my gold, all I have to say is good luck getting me to press that confirmation button. For me, trust isn't an issue when it comes to using 5 skills. If the opponent asks me if I use five skills, I will say yes (most of the time, depending if I'm actually using 5 or not), and it is very much verifiable. I don't see where you are going exactly, besides something about NSA having the authority to spy on you if relating to terrorism, but I still think that the use of 5 skills is ok.
    You're saying that 5 skills is fine, but scripts to run those 5 skills is not.

His point was that in order to differentiate between the two, it basically comes down to trust - so it does hold merit. While his way of showing his point was extreme, it served purpose.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I don't understand how using more than 4 skills makes it unfair... You can do the same thing if you wanted to, so how's it unfair?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cindersx View Post
    I don't understand how using more than 4 skills makes it unfair... You can do the same thing if you wanted to, so how's it unfair?

Not all classes share the same skills or effects and not all classes will receive the same amount of benefit. In this practice warriors clearly are the ones benefiting, so its not as simple as "just do it back to them"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Imo. It doesnt seems unfair. Well I m one of experienced oldies here and when I see the op class each terms of season, most early season,rogues were op cuz of much crits then mages of maze n crits and lastly warrior by tanking. Someone just pointed out of 6k hp of warrior but rogue can crit 4k+
    And also giving death by 2combo of rogue. Guys come on. Every time u guys complained, skills are messed up then sts fix by buff/nerf then it will keep messing and ppl will complaining. I havent 1vs1 from when dagger come out. Cuz of crits. Now it said nerf but still can kill many warriors as they can make perfect timing combo. For another reason to its fair is using 5skills skilled. I use 4skills cuz I m not good at swapping fast. And it worked for me. Some can go for dmg build,crits build or whatever. Once u got 2secs of shild of horn, doesnt mean its unlimited, jugger are for 7-8secs buff but cool down1min. For me, I will give some skill point like passive or crits or whatever suit for me instead of using 2or3attack skills in terms of swapping time . As by rogue, I would use razorshild to dodge dmg n make bleed if I use rogue and think that need to use 5skills or can be other passive skills. And one more point, if mage or war need 4skills then I assumed rogue need nerf crits so I can only use vb horn and 2skills. This is strategy for all class. Using 5skills and swapping fast need many practise. It doesnt come for random ppl. They must practised alot. In addition, 1vs1 best isnt best. Doing good at group fight could also mean good players.
    Last edited by wlsgh15; 01-28-2014 at 10:01 PM. Reason: press wrong button

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fauksuras View Post
    Not all classes share the same skills or effects and not all classes will receive the same amount of benefit. In this practice warriors clearly are the ones benefiting, so its not as simple as "just do it back to them"
    Then how about you try the warrior class instead of complaining about how it's 'unfair' to have more than 4 skills.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Then how about you try the warrior class instead of complaining about how it's 'unfair' to have more than 4 skills.

Well that got hostile fast.

If you bothered to read every post before commenting you would realize I have already posted my thoughts and pointed out I play BOTH Rogues and Warrior in PVP, I have nothing to gain from either one getting buffed or nerfed. To spare you the mentally straining task of searching I will paste here what I said earlier

"I just want to add a warrior with 5 Skills has no weaknesses.

HOR and Jugg keep him alive and used in correct timing he will never go down in an 1-1, heck even 2-1.

SS and WM(or CS/AT if you're inclined) will keep him doing damage PLUS things like stunning,snaring or crippling.

And finally VB which works both ways will keep his health higher than usual and mana pools in constant regeneration WHILE giving him a nice crit and dmg bonus."

To make it simpler

I play a warrior, I know their weakness and their strengths and I KNOW a warrior running with 5 skills simultaneously is very very VERY hard to kill, denying this fact is simply biased.

And that's not even accounting for equipment strength or pet choice.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fauksuras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Well that got hostile fast.

If you bothered to read every post before commenting you would realize I have already posted my thoughts and pointed out I play BOTH Rogues and Warrior in PVP, I have nothing to gain from either one getting buffed or nerfed. To spare you the mentally straining task of searching I will paste here what I said earlier

"I just want to add a warrior with 5 Skills has no weaknesses.

And finally VB which works both ways will keep his health higher than usual and mana pools in constant regeneration WHILE giving him a nice crit and dmg bonus."

To make it simpler

I play a warrior, I know their weakness and their strengths and I KNOW a warrior running with 5 skills simultaneously denying this fact is simply biased.
    Mmk... and this has to do with the topic how exactly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I say we give rogues a new skill like Veng to increase our damage and crit. A debuff would also benefit our ever so useless debuffs. I really hope this "arcane bow" replenishes mana since rogues like me can only deal about 4k damage a combo and we can only do this combo about 3-5 times (depending on build) before we run out of mana.

Titan-Quietlove-Zephyruh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

It has everything to do with the topic, as the reason skill changes are being talked about is because it eliminates the weaknesses of the warrior class. On a mage, even if you swap, it sure as hell makes thinks better but it doesn't make you near immortal like it does with a warrior.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Not sure if getting trolled or another more unfortunate possibility, but I'll bite.

Changing skills in a PVP room would essentially allow a class to run with 5 skills, there is a debate/rumor about people (mostly warriors) using "hot keys" during their battles which is aiding them in achieving the goal of changing skills in PVP rooms and using 5 skills simultaneously.

Now the debate is whether this should be allowed or not. There are some who are against it and others for it. And others with the groundbreaking idea of , ahem, "do it to them" without realizing not all classes are created equal.

On an unrelated note: Kids, stay in school.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It has everything to do with the topic, as the reason skill changes are being talked about is because it eliminates the weaknesses of the warrior class. On a mage, even if you swap, it sure as hell makes thinks better but it doesn't make you near immortal like it does with a warrior.
    Mmk..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zephyruh View Post
    I say we give rogues a new skill like Veng to increase our damage and crit. A debuff would also benefit our ever so useless debuffs. I really hope this "arcane bow" replenishes mana since rogues like me can only deal about 4k damage a combo and we can only do this combo about 3-5 times (depending on build) before we run out of mana.
    What I'd really like is mana replenished from packs (not whole pool but just enough to survive). On bow it would be great but I'd prefer something accessible for everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Not sure if getting trolled or another more unfortunate possibility, but I'll bite.

Changing skills in a PVP room would essentially allow a class to run with 5 skills, there is a debate/rumor about people (mostly warriors) using "hot keys" during their battles which is aiding them in achieving the goal of changing skills in PVP rooms and using 5 skills simultaneously.

Now the debate is whether this should be allowed or not. There are some who are against it and others for it. And others with the groundbreaking idea of , ahem, "do it to them" without realizing not all classes are created equal.

On an unrelated note: Kids, stay in school.
    Haha? Good unrelated note I guess.

I still don't understand how it's unfair that people use 5 skills. They just switch skills. Any class can do that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I forgot to add sarcasm in my post. Sorry

Titan-Quietlove-Zephyruh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Still is a disadvantage to the ppl who play on phones which is what this game is meant for. And zeus... if rogues crit and dodge doesnt get nerfed they will be insane next season on top of the arcane weapon rogues will prob get. And what I said ab twink rogues a top twink rogue has 10 to 15 percent crit vs end game is 40+ this shows that rogues get better with levels versus warriors that dont really add those type of stats. Not sure on mages. So basically dont call me out bc that makes plently of sense to me.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I still don't understand how it's unfair that people use 5 skills. They just switch skills. Any class can do that.

I understand what you mean, but with warriors a skill like juggernaut is too powerful when it comes to PVP (specially vs mages), they should have to choose between Juggernaut or another offensive skill, BUT if they have 5 options there's really nothing to choose and they become very har to kill.

I've personally survived 4-1 attacks on my warrior with HOR, Juggernaut,Pavise and Abbadon and made it back safely to my team where battle resume and by time my health is low again HOR is recharged.

Now imagine someone able to survive that kind of punishment and at the same time dealing good dmg plus getting the mana replenished.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fauksuras For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheener View Post
    Still is a disadvantage to the ppl who play on phones which is what this game is meant for. And zeus... if rogues crit and dodge doesnt get nerfed they will be insane next season on top of the arcane weapon rogues will prob get. And what I said ab twink rogues a top twink rogue has 10 to 15 percent crit vs end game is 40+ this shows that rogues get better with levels versus warriors that dont really add those type of stats. Not sure on mages. So basically dont call me out bc that makes plently of sense to me.
    I dont know if rogues will get their crit nerfed (dodge to me is meh) but at the beginning of this season there was a tweak to the damage of classes all around in PVP, of course rogues got the short end of the stick since damage is sort of their thing.

I imagine something similar being done again but IDK if crit would be it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

As I said before, other classes can't. Each class had a weakness - warriors had a lack of supreme damage while having unmatched defense and survivability. Mages had their stuns & damaging AOE skills - which was nerfed through stun immunity (I still think that should be reduced) at the cost of survivability, and rogues had unmatched damage at the cost of rapidly depleting mana.

Rogues cannot just use another skill, there's no need for it as their CDs are so fast. Their weakness lies in their mana bar, right? So, when you give a warrior skill swaps, he can use the immortality when needed and then swap out to attack skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheener View Post
    They nerf crit every season if I am not mistaken. Also, dodge has no effect since skills cannot be dodged so I truly do not understand what you are getting at or why you are trying to predict the future for changes that are needing to be happened based on current situation. There is just no logic behind that, bud.

If you're going to suggest something, please think it through. I have played warrior as well, actually, it was my first mythic character. I know the strengths and weaknesses of the class. The only class I do not know is mage, which is why I do not suggest changes to their skills other than reducing the stun immunity as it literally takes apart what the class is meant to do.

@Zephy
    Rogues only do 4k+ damage a combo if they're max. Also, keep in mind that if a rogue is using nox and you are using jugg, the jugg will keep you alive.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-28-2014 at 10:35 PM.