Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YouTube?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Default YouTube?

Helloooo all you sexy people of the interwebs! Skull here and today and i was thinking....why do we keep asking STS staff for more excitement? They have a huge amount of work to do with sustaining, and creating new games, so i figured heck...why don't we, as the player base, as the community re-spark PL?! Here are some pretty good ideas i figured would be the best to spread Pocket Legends, and bringing life back to this original game!:

1) Youtube - I am working on creating a channel dedicated to DAILY Pocket legends montages/ lets plays/ tutorials/ contests/ updates/ pvp/ fun events!!!!! What are your guys thoughts on this? Please reply with "+1 Youtube" if you think this would be a good idea and add your own thoughts to this community project!

2) Advertising - instead of STS having to waste their money on ads, why don't we help them?! Some ways too do this:
    - Mention it here and there at your school
    - Tell your friends about it at lunch
    - If you're playing different online games tell people to give PL a go and see if they enjoy it
    - Post it on the "Off-Topic" section ( considering the forum has one ) and try to get more players into Pocket Legends!

These little things would greatly help the player base, more then you think! and it's FREE.

3) Give-aways/ helping! - Remember when you first started playing PL and thought "where am i...?" or "omg, which map do i go too" or even "which item am i supposed to buy?!" Well, helping the newer players can go a long way. Lets say you helped a newer player understands skills/stats and general PL and helped them level too something like L20. This player might then start getting some of his friends/family to start playing the game thus increasing the PL population, and possibly allowing STS too do more PL events knowing they will get a good pay for their bucks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S: If you think you're good with youtube art then please do pm so i can get the channel started, thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED DAILY - IF YOU HAVE ANY OF YOUR OWN IDEAS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST THEM DOWN BELOW! THANK YOU!
    Last edited by SkullCrusher; 01-28-2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Oops, misleading title - sorry about that xD
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

okie if your gonna make vids what editing soft wear r u gonz use , if u gonna use Imovie then is poop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aav5224 View Post
    okie if your gonna make vids what editing soft wear r u gonz use , if u gonna use Imovie then is poop
    English please xD jk, but in all seriousness, i will most likely find someone to edit the videos for me possibly, or something like that xD We'll see how it turns out though
    ~Skull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
    Helloooo all you sexy people of the interwebs! Skull here and today and i was thinking....why do we keep asking STS staff for more excitement? They have a huge amount of work to do with sustaining, and creating new games, so i figured heck...why don't we, as the player base, as the community re-spark PL?! Here are some pretty good ideas i figured would be the best to spread Pocket Legends, and bringing life back to this original game!:

1) Youtube - I am working on creating a channel dedicated to DAILY Pocket legends montages/ lets plays/ tutorials/ contests/ updates/ pvp/ fun events!!!!! What are your guys thoughts on this? Please reply with "+1 Youtube" if you think this would be a good idea and add your own thoughts to this community project!

2) Advertising - instead of STS having to waste their money on ads, why don't we help them?! Some ways too do this:
    - Mention it here and there at your school
    - Tell your friends about it at lunch
    - If you're playing different online games tell people to give PL a go and see if they enjoy it
    - Post it on the "Off-Topic" section ( considering the forum has one ) and try to get more players into Pocket Legends!

These little things would greatly help the player base, more then you think! and it's FREE.

3) Give-aways/ helping! - Remember when you first started playing PL and thought "where am i...?" or "omg, which map do i go too" or even "which item am i supposed to buy?!" Well, helping the newer players can go a long way. Lets say you helped a newer player understands skills/stats and general PL and helped them level too something like L20. This player might then start getting some of his friends/family to start playing the game thus increasing the PL population, and possibly allowing STS too do more PL events knowing they will get a good pay for their bucks!

P.S: If you think you're good with youtube art then please do pm so i can get the channel started, thanks!

THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED DAILY - IF YOU HAVE ANY OF YOUR OWN IDEAS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST THEM DOWN BELOW! THANK YOU!
    Keeping up a daily channel is a ton more work than you could think. All those famous (or even just daily) uploaders spend ~8 hours a day looking at the monitor, trying to make content that people would watch.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

you shoulds get adobe premier pro, just serch it and u get a 30 day free trial and i didz that. im guud cauze i learn from skhool and i proz now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Keeping up a daily channel is a ton more work than you could think. All those famous (or even just daily) uploaders spend ~8 hours a day looking at the monitor, trying to make content that people would watch.
    I'm up for it Btw, when i say daily i don't mean top notch, HD, 5 hour long, hollywood stuff lol.
    I'm talking average, 20 minute long video, with some good editing to make it atleast decent
    ^^^ I doubt that will take 8 hours to be honest xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Btw, what happened to AL/PL? I alwaysed watched them in my free time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I would love a youtube channel dedicated to PL! something i can enjoy while procrastinating....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to aw205 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Yep @.@ that's why rob and I upload rarely
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
    I'm up for it Btw, when i say daily i don't mean top notch, HD, 5 hour long, hollywood stuff lol.
    I'm talking average, 20 minute long video, with some good editing to make it atleast decent
    ^^^ I doubt that will take 8 hours to be honest xD
    Daily? Yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laar View Post
    Btw, what happened to AL/PL? I alwaysed watched them in my free time
    My Ipod stopped running the screen recorder and my computers internet broke down so it takes over a day to upload.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

If it would be Leveling video I would help I'm still 4 farming sum kills

IGN:Lellipop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

And i need 2428xp till L73 im in add Devilfinn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Meh I'd probably make a daily video for pl if my ipad mini wasn't ios 7. I could always do the team viewer thing or whatever but I don't roll like that, anyway, adios.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Dear thread maker,

I'd say making a youtube channel is a good idea, i myself make pl vids somethimes when i have the time,
    so i was thinking, for all of those of the pl community, we should make a guild for people that make vids and those who enjoy watching them.

For now i'll be making a tutorial/guide for new people that have gained levels of 43+, they might get stuck on AO III bosses, such as "The Galactic Overlord" wich happened to me in the early days, getting spawned by that alien-machine-shooting-electric-balls guy, even with a team they might get stuck on him.
    Back to the point, i will make a guide for every AO III boss, with tips,tricks and more! this includes soloing the bosses (yeah so-lo-ing) and without any elixer! -- this is a way to keep the new people enjoying to play pocket legends--

Peace out!
    Timelife & Partys & Tendrillz & Blessedbeast & Displayin & Bannin & Eggsies & Pandabehr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Good intentions, wrong approach

At least the first idea is. As roberto mentioned, uploading a quality video every day takes time and dedication. If you can make one once a week, you should be proud.

The second idea is alright. But in reality, I don't think any of my friends would play PL. They're all addicted to PAD, LOL, and Flappy Bird XD.

The third idea is good. I believe Crimsontider tried something similar but didn't do too well(At least in my eyes).
    Last edited by IGN Storm; 02-03-2014 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Making a 20 min montage wont be easy.
    A 1 or 2 min montage already takes me hours to make.

Epic Zombie Apocalypse MINI movie [part 1]: http://youtu.be/TvS_9Ka2R04

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post

At least the first idea is. As roberto mentioned, uploading a quality video every day takes time and dedication. If you can make one once a week, you should be proud.

The second idea is alright. But in reality, I don't think any of my friends would play PL. They're all addicted to PAD, LOL, and Flappy Bird XD.

The third idea is good. I believe Crimsontider tried something similar but didn't do too well(At least in my eyes).

Thanks! and about the daily video uploading, check out a channel called "ShadyPenguinn" on Youtube.
    He uploads TWO videos EVERY DAY, he goes to school, AND he has a job! Yet he still manages. How? Idk lol but if he can do that PLUS mantain a job, i think i could ATLEAST upload 1 video every 2 days xD

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrusher:1465760
    Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post

Thanks! and about the daily video uploading, check out a channel called "ShadyPenguinn" on Youtube.
    He uploads TWO videos EVERY DAY, he goes to school, AND he has a job! Yet he still manages. How? Idk lol but if he can do that PLUS mantain a job, i think i could ATLEAST upload 1 video every 2 days xD
    Well, I looked over his channel, his videos seem to be from 15-30 min long, and they're Pokemon videos.
    Pokemon videos are easy to record, they don't need that much editing I believe. He might have a powerful computer so he can upload it very fast.
    2 videos a day: might be about 30 min or 1 hour of gameplay, some less or some more. People can have enough time to do things like that, especially if you're recording something easy.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I can make videos really easy if you send them to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*