Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Arcane Staff]: Charged Attack = Low Damage & Slow Charge Time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Maybe I should curse some bad words just to get STS' attention about this thread.........................
    there goes
    DEV. will you just FXXKING reply this THREAD so we know you are aware of this issue.
    Its a arcane gear for god sake, there are only 3 arcane gears in this game and arcane staff is the latest one........

2. The Following User Says Thank You to puresai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Please show us Mages some love Sts.mages are my favorite but seems like the least class cared for by Sts =\
    Time to go rouge I guess U.U

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

No "love" for mage in this game even Valentines day ..... end point mage still sucks in PVP. We are only useful in PVE irregardless on weapon we use or pets.

Not even a single response so far from STS after so many arcane staff mage requesting the staff process to be change and corrected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Maybe add a full push proc on charged normal attack too? Would help for fights against warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

i actually loled at your video lol! entertained me
    comparing lvl 31 arcane maul, lvl 36 arcane staff.. it is kinda eh..
    but if u put 4 arcane mages vs 4 arcane maul, . mages may actually win
    im sure there are more bugs.. almost sometimes i cant feel the difference between an arcane mage vs a mythic mage (not all the time)

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Bumping this. I'd like to see this issue addressed along with the overall proc looked into as I lol@10 mana regen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Bumping this. I'd like to see this issue addressed along with the overall proc looked into as I lol@10 mana regen.
    Necro :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Necro :'(
    Whatever it takes for them to see this thread. Just want a simple "Yes we're aware of this, we'll look into it" response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    but if u put 4 arcane mages vs 4 arcane maul, . mages may actually win)
    BS..... this is not possible.....

BTW I am gonna bump this thread until STS respond it or I get warning for bumping.....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puresai For This Useful Post:

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Hey everyone!

I've finally happened upon this thread, seems like it's been around for a little bit. I can articulate on some of the concerns the original poster mentioned.

1. The charge time is currently 1.8 seconds, I double checked it just a moment ago. However, the perceived discrepancy is most likely lag, as is often the case in MMO's. Having said that, it's worth a look. When the expansion comes out I believe it will be acceptable to reduce this cast time to 1.6 seconds from 1.8.

2. The lower damage. This is true, the cast itself does an aoe, with a lower damage output compared to other attacks. There is a tactile reason for this, and it is because of the debuffs that can proc on this cast. There is a roughly 20% chance to reduce an enemies Critical % chance by 20% for 5 seconds, and an additional independent 20% chance to slow the movement of an enemy by 30% for 3 seconds. The spell is intended to be used with this in mind, and not as a go to, always charge (though the AoE damage will be nice)

I hope that clears up some of the confusion about what's happening here! Sorry for the delay on a response, been very busy at the office on the expansion
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Thank you Carapace for looking into this issue.

The charge time for the Mythical Staff seems feasible. Is that around 1.2 or 1.4? Maybe less?

IMO I won't know how big of a difference is 1.6 from 1.8 until its implemented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Maybe reduce the charge to 1 sec. Just feels useless tbh in its current state. Who knows maybe I'm crazy to want more than a stat stick.
    Maybe a larger attack area as well

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Woohooo I'm glad to hear this =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey everyone!

I've finally happened upon this thread, seems like it's been around for a little bit. I can articulate on some of the concerns the original poster mentioned.

1. The charge time is currently 1.8 seconds, I double checked it just a moment ago. However, the perceived discrepancy is most likely lag, as is often the case in MMO's. Having said that, it's worth a look. When the expansion comes out I believe it will be acceptable to reduce this cast time to 1.6 seconds from 1.8.

2. The lower damage. This is true, the cast itself does an aoe, with a lower damage output compared to other attacks. There is a tactile reason for this, and it is because of the debuffs that can proc on this cast. There is a roughly 20% chance to reduce an enemies Critical % chance by 20% for 5 seconds, and an additional independent 20% chance to slow the movement of an enemy by 30% for 3 seconds. The spell is intended to be used with this in mind, and not as a go to, always charge (though the AoE damage will be nice)

I hope that clears up some of the confusion about what's happening here! Sorry for the delay on a response, been very busy at the office on the expansion
    1) How can you say this has been around for a little bit when this was reported more then 3 months ago? In a separate thread?
    2) The low damage is way lower then what was promised. It was suppose to be close to a charged fireball as stated by Samhayne here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Arcane-Weapon

• Charged Attack will 100% of the time cast a new Shadowflare spell. This is a shadow fireball with a chance to reduce enemy crit chance, and/or snare movement by 30%. It is an AoE spell with the area being equivalent to a charged fireball. This costs 0 mana, but does a little bit less damage than charged fireball. Charging takes 1.8 seconds.
    And when I tested this, it was like 50% less then a charged fireball. And this was before weapon upgrades were introduced. So how can you justify saying it will be a bit less when its 50% less? I already tested the charged attacked and calculated roughly 25% of some effect happening. But to hear its 20% means 80% chance of doing nothing and doing less damage then a normal staff attack. So I can't even see why anyone would want to charge the staff when you have an 80% chance of doing nothing with less damage. And even if you get a crit reduction its a mere 10% crit reduction. Compare this to maul proc that does -50% armor reduction. I wish instead of ignoring these issues STS took player feedback seriously. Reducing the charged attack to 1.6 seconds isn't going to accomplish anything. No one will even notice any difference in 0.2 seconds. There is still no justifiable reason to charge the staff.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Do no touch please i dont want to see the whimgate again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Hi Carapace you mentioned that Charge attack there's 20% chance reducing critical (80% doing nothing) and 20% slow movement (another 80% doing nothing plus this is not useful skill being an arcane weapon at such a low %). I want to refer to your initial launch of Kershal link 6 months ago : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6507956&type=3
    According to the launch post it is suppose to be "snare chance" and i guess it means the same as slow movement, since this is an arcane weapon it should have chance to "root" enemies so they can't move like the mage Time Bomb (freeze time) skill.

Charge Attack:
    "Charged Attack will 100% of the time cast a new Shadowflare spell. This is a shadow fireball with a chance to reduce enemy crit chance, and/or snare movement by 30%". I agree with keikali and other Kershal users that the charge skill should be change to 1 sec rather than 1.6 sec since the server is lagging badly since recent months (factor in the lag time it will be 1.6 sec when the shadowflare is cast), i am sure if you test at different period of time the charge skill take too long to cast and we are mince meat by then.

Normal Attack:
    Normal attack "+10 mana regen" which is totally useless for an arcane weapon it needs to be change to something more useful like armor buff or extra shield (horn like buff) for mage, also do we not push back chance again for normal attack it should 50% chance for Armor or shield buff with heal Regen for survivability.
    "Normal attacks have a chance to proc +60 int, +10 mana regen for 8 seconds, and chance on hit to apply a pushback to enemies" << Arcane Maul normal attack VS Kershal without needing to charge the weapon ability to Stun AOE attacks and 50% armor reduction, Kershal normal attack abilities is no where comparable to a level 31 maul

I hope STS cn change Kershal abilities being a level 36 arcane weapon and mage using it not being mock by Warrior using them and no where near we could compete in PVP.

Arcane Maul Ability VS Kershal without Charging Weapon
    Last edited by will0; 02-20-2014 at 10:54 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to will0 For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Lol 0.2 sec difference

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nagin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nagin View Post
    Lol 0.2 sec difference
    Epic.

Someone mentioned previously, just remove the shadowflare and give us back a higher attack on charged with a normal charging time. I find it ridiculous that you can stun with basically every crap weapon, but not with the most expensive. There are already legendary weapons, which do less aoe dmg on charged(eg: the old combustion cannon, the new woodland gun), but the charging time is standard.
    There is no sane reason why takes charging 1.8 or 1.6 sec.

Mana regen brings water in the sea, i got mana problems last time back in season 2, but idk why i repeat myself, no one listens to me anyway.

I can stun mobs with a lvl1 promocode weapon:
    Last edited by Haligali; 02-21-2014 at 06:17 AM.

26.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Something to keep in mind is that unlike the fireball spell, there is no mana cost associated with the charged Ker'shal Staff. A 1 Second cast time in PVP with no mana cost would be... mildly overpowered
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Something to keep in mind is that unlike the fireball spell, there is no mana cost associated with the charged Ker'shal Staff. A 1 Second cast time in PVP with no mana cost would be... mildly overpowered
    Please do it..

Someone said once:

No current plans to Nerf the hammer, they are after all incredibly rare so their overall effect on game balance is negligible. They are intended to make the owner a bad mamajama, not unlike the hooks were last expansion.

Must make one drool over the prospect of an arcane weapon for mages in the next expansion no?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post: