Thread: Fastest way to cap a rogue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Fastest way to cap a rogue?

I have a L25 rogue right now and its very hard and time consuming to level up. It's taking forever..

My build:
    3/5 SP, 5/5 NB, 5/5 AS,
    5/5 Agi, 5/5 Int, 1/5 Str
    Abaddon as pet.

I'd like to stay on 3 active skills till I max out str passive because I don't like burning so much pots while leveling. A 4th skill will just burn more mana. I also tried razor shield early on, but I really don't like it. I feel that it's a very weak offensive skill, especially when used with SP wherein you dash around.

Any tips from the long time rogue users out there? A better build specifically for leveling? How to play? Where to play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I personally think any character levels the quickest in Watchers Tomb 4 but you may use a ton of pots if you're not careful enough. If you just want to level up and you are okay with spending platinum to switch it later on, I would take trap if you plan on levelling in tomb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Unethical View Post
    I personally think any character levels the quickest in Watchers Tomb 4 but you may use a ton of pots if you're not careful enough. If you just want to level up and you are okay with spending platinum to switch it later on, I would take trap if you plan on levelling in tomb.
    I don't mind respecing sir. So how do I play the traps? What upgrades should I get (and remove from my current skills build)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I actually like your build but only take 10% heal from shadow piercer, do not need any more in it. For traps (sorry not playing right now, do not know names) I like the skills that grab enemies, explode and bleed, causes a little bit of extra damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I tried it just now. Solo'ed WT4. Got my experience gauge 1/8th full after 1 run. BUT, I burned ~200 health pots and ~100 mana pots ( I was literally spamming pots all the way during encounters with mobs. Good thing I'm on my laptop. This would be crazy to play on a phone lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'm a rogue and I actually run it on my phone, I use around 20 health and 25 mana potions, are you rushing into the mobs like a warrior? You have to round up the enemies put a trap, deal with the mages or archers then kill the melee, if you do it like this you should not use as many potions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

If you want to level fast, it's going to cost pots.

However, for reducing expense, you should know that nox is a notorious mana-sucker. For tomb running, dps comes in handy, so if you use daggers rather than bow you can fight with your auto-attack more effectively. I would put on aim / pierce / traps / veil instead of using nox at all. You'll use a few more health pots, but save a fortune on mana, which is a rogue's largest expense as they level higher.

If you're using 200 pots in a tomb, you need to seriously look at your build and gear also.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    If you want to level fast, it's going to cost pots.

However, for reducing expense, you should know that nox is a notorious mana-sucker. For tomb running, dps comes in handy, so if you use daggers rather than bow you can fight with your auto-attack more effectively. I would put on aim / pierce / traps / veil instead of using nox at all. You'll use a few more health pots, but save a fortune on mana, which is a rogue's largest expense as they level higher.

If you're using 200 pots in a tomb, you need to seriously look at your build and gear also.
    That's in WT4. There were too much mobs for me in that tomb that's why I never went there again. I just asked cap players to take me to Shuyal so I could level up there with less mobs but more exp. Right now I'm level 35, I'm currently doing 3rd and 5th map of shuyal solo over and over again till i reach 36.

Regarding build, I tried SP, AS, NB, and Traps during the respec weekend but I didn't like it much. I get hit a lot because I needed to kite mobs to a specific place, a place where mobs could still be hanging around, but I don't have a choice but to go there so that the mobs following me goes to the trap. in shuyal, take note that evading enemies needs to be lateral to the red cones of the stunner mobs, their red cones are so huge that if you just ran straight and farther away, theres a likely chance that you wont be out of that cone in time. But with traps, you have to run just straight to kite those mobs into the trap. So occasionally, I get stunned, and when that happens, I don't get stunned just once, I get stunned maybe 2-5 times before I could move, so there is serious pot spamming there. I couldn't kite in circles and evade at will like what I do with SP,AS,NB. Because of this, I used up more health pots. I also used more mana pots bec I already had 4 skills. Kill time was the same as my 3 skills combo, or even worse when trapping and kiting isn't done properly, simply because I hit softer. It was just plain easier with only SP,AS,NB and full agi dex str dmg passives, +1 crit. I hit significantly harder, and think lesser I've soloed inanhesh and overgrowth countless of times, they are so easy to kill with my build. With this build I still use mana pots a lot but at least I dont use health pots much. Mana is cheaper than health.

I just run around in circles spamming AS and NB, then abaddon arcane when mobs are already grouped together, then when they all have low health I go in, 1 hitting them with my SP, bazzinga! very easy.

Take note that I play solo atm. When I become a team player when i cap, ill most probably use veil or traps again.

ps: I really hate that wt4, i shouldnt have gone there in the first place. I accumulated most deaths there. grrr
    Last edited by otb; 02-04-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

wt4 easiest if u use this skill
    razor shield 3/5
    veil 4/5
    medic 4/5
    SP 4/5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    wt4 easiest if u use this skill
    razor shield 3/5
    veil 4/5
    medic 4/5
    SP 4/5
    Yes but youll have a hard time against bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

yeah, WT4 is great if you have a good party, otherwise, PUGing Shuyal is the way to go.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Defs go nordr till 28, then Shuyal the rest of the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yess... Nordr (woods) & shuyal (first 3 maps)... It's not too difficult, lot of player farming there, so u can tag along if u not in a party.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    Yess... Nordr (woods) & shuyal (first 3 maps)... It's not too difficult, lot of player farming there, so u can tag along if u not in a party.
    With the right build and gear, its definitely easier to farm/level alone. :-)