Thread: A solution for Stoppinng " Swapping SKILLS in PVP"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Lightbulb A solution for Stoppinng " Swapping SKILLS in PVP"

I have seen many players posted about this thread in here many times. In fact, we have seen many players use more than 4 skills in pvp in THIS season. We really hope Sts do somethings to stop it in pvp as soon as possible and make. I was thinking for a while to find a way to stop it. So here is my personally Idea, and I think it is the beset way to "Eliminate" the swapping skills in pvp. For example, we obviously know that We CAN NOT RESPECS skills in PVP and we have to leave the room to respecs our own skills. For this reason, i was thinking that why STS can not the same way as no ALLOWING players to repsecs skills in pvp. With this solution, It wont let players switching skills(4 skills only) during the fight or after they joined in PVP. Unless if they want to change other skills, they must leave the room and join back to the game.Therefore, I think this method is fair for all because it helps players to play a fair game, but it also bring fun back in PVP. SO if you like my idea,feel free to leave your comment about it and i also be grateful if sts read this thread. THANKS ALL!!!
    Last edited by HopeSolo; 02-01-2014 at 01:09 AM.
    RETIRED ARCANE LEGEND

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HopeSolo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I honestly think that switching skilld should be allowed, BUT to make it more fair with all classes, STS could change it so 5 skills can be used at one time instead of 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

They should add a fifth skill to the HUD. With 6k mana and more at next level cap how is it useful? Yeah I never run out but mages die so fast that I die before I would even get close to running out. Having a 5th skill allows mages to use up their unused mana.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    They should add a fifth skill to the HUD. With 6k mana and more at next level cap how is it useful? Yeah I never run out but mages die so fast that I die before I would even get close to running out. Having a 5th skill allows mages to use up their unused mana.
    99.99% sure this won't happen.

Focusing on the OP,

I think a more reasonable solution is to make skills that are on cool down to be locked.(from swapping)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    99.99% sure this won't happen.

Focusing on the OP,

I think a more reasonable solution is to make skills that are on cool down to be locked.(from swapping)
    Why? Because this would satisfy everyone. We could use 5 skills and use the untapped mana and lock the skills screen. I can't see needing more then 5 skills at this level. Seems like a win win for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Why? Because this would satisfy everyone. We could use 5 skills and use the untapped mana and lock the skills screen. I can't see needing more then 5 skills at this level. Seems like a win win for everyone.
    Rogues don't have sufficient mana levels for 5 skills.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    This.

Seriously let's just wait for the stun immunity to be reduced or just see how the new expansion will affect PvP. You believe devs are going to change anything for a month or two? Ha, what do you think this is, something that affects platinum purchases?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    So? Spec more int so you do. I have to spec more str so I'm not so easily one shot by rogues. Classes would be more balanced if we had 5 skills. So if you want skills to be locked then give us 5 skills on the HUD and I'm behind it 100%. Right now we are getting to the point were skill points will be mostly useless and our mana pool is so big and unused. So it makes sense to add a 5th skill and other legends game have more then 4 skills so its not anything out of the norm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HopeSolo View Post
    I have seen many players posted about this thread in here many times. In fact, we have seen many players use more than 4 skills in pvp in THIS season. We really hope Sts do somethings to stop it in pvp as soon as possible and make. I was thinking for a while to find a way to stop it. So here is my personally Idea, and I think it is the beset way to "Eliminate" the swapping skills in pvp. For example, we obviously know that We CAN NOT RESPECS skills in PVP and we have to leave the room to respecs our own skills. For this reason, i was thinking that why STS can not the same way as no ALLOWING players to repsecs skills in pvp. With this solution, It wont let players switching skills(4 skills only) during the fight or after they joined in PVP. Unless if they want to change other skills, they must leave the room and join back to the game.Therefore, I think this method is fair for all because it helps players to play a fair game, but it also bring fun back in PVP. SO if you like my idea,feel free to leave your comment about it and i also be grateful if sts read this thread. THANKS ALL!!!

+100.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

I think 1700 plat for $0.99 is honestly more likely to happen then 5 skills.

Would totally jack the whole "balance" vibe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

The whole "balance" vibe is jacked already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I don't think PvP is balanced so I don't know what balanced vibe you are talking about. Adding a 5th skill would balance PvP more because mages could use the untapped mana pool they have. We can now by switching skills. Adding a 5th skill makes it accessible to everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

I don't think PvP is balanced so I don't know what balanced vibe you are talking about. Adding a 5th skill would balance PvP more because mages could use the untapped mana pool they have. We can now by switching skills. Adding a 5th skill makes it accessible to everyone.
    Pretty sure that mana heal pool is for healing rogues mana in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Pretty sure that mana heal pool is for healing rogues mana in PvP
    Most mages don't use life giver now a days in PvP. Because you are dead after 15 seconds so its not much use. And you have low damage using 2 attack skills. So having 5 skills would be more beneficial because then the 5th skill would be life giver.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

My opinion is that mages have that issue because unlike the other games, this game did not give sorcerers a mana shield. If they did, mana would be just enough for all classes as well as boost up sorcerer survivability.

So, I would suggest that the existing shield not only gives the current benefits it offers, but also allows mana to replace the health bar until the mana levels reach 30% or so - which then will result in the shield breaking.

I already add int in my build so I can get a few combos out of four skills. One 4 skill sequence will drain roughly 30% of my mana. So, I'm really only limited to 2-3x skill sequence repetitions. The amount of int that I would need to add for a 5 skill build would be pretty substantial.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

TBH, I literally like to skills the ways it is( 4 skills). Although i play Mage in this game and I certainly think that if they add another spot in skills map, I personally think that it would be unfair for rouge class( I don't defend for them) because mage and war will have more advantages than them. Let's talk about rouge class, for example, when a mage vs a rouge in pvp , mage stun rouge with the fireball--->lighting/ice--> curse( buff in 8 sec)and Also rouge is slowed down and get killed by clock before they try to reach her HP packs. Another disadvantage of rouge class that they neither have shield like mages, high amour like wars nor enough mana to use their skills . However, they have high crit, dmg, dodge and HP packs( restore huge health buffs like +200-300HP in each sec) which not only keep them stay alive, but they also help rouge a lot to avoid hits. So rouge can kill the enemies quickly than other classes. On the other hand, the biggest advantage of Mage than other classes having a MASSIVE mana. But there are some disadvantages, for instance, life giver only gives a large amount of HP once and Regrowth skill give them a small restored health like +10- 20HP/ per sec . Mage's amour is too low which always get hits and killed from the enemies in PVP or even in Elite/ arena maps. Warrior class,since Crafting/Updating is launched in this seaosn, they seem getting more stronger and tougher because Blood gems increase more their HP and amours which they hardly get killed by others. Overall, for balance in Pvp, we expect no having more than 4 skills and I personally hope that if sts can increases mage's amour or dodge up lil when we upgrade primary points. Thanks!!!
    RETIRED ARCANE LEGEND

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Using more than 4 skills on PVP is a skill and tactic! Practise using more than 5 skills (usefull even on PVE) because on coming expansion your 6k mana pool will surely increase. And there will be another 5 skill points to spread, So basically the STS is promoting of using more than 4 skills (in my opinion).

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

They're at a disadvantage still because they have to take time to actually change the skills and thats less of a skill point they don't get. It's perfectly fine in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1455128
    My opinion is that mages have that issue because unlike the other games, this game did not give sorcerers a mana shield. If they did, mana would be just enough for all classes as well as boost up sorcerer survivability.

So, I would suggest that the existing shield not only gives the current benefits it offers, but also allows mana to replace the health bar until the mana levels reach 30% or so - which then will result in the shield breaking.

I already add int in my build so I can get a few combos out of four skills. One 4 skill sequence will drain roughly 30% of my mana. So, I'm really only limited to 2-3x skill sequence repetitions. The amount of int that I would need to add for a 5 skill build would be pretty substantial.
    mana shield + arcane shield = 2 × warrior survivability
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor:1454622

The whole "balance" vibe is jacked already.
    using 5 skills now just jacks it up more. Id rather prefer mages get buffed than use 5 skills (now)...
    Credits to Iady