Thread: Rated PvP Matches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Rated PvP Matches.

I for one, like having all the normal PvP maps just to try out specs and have some fun with friends, but i think that it should not give rewards besides PvP kills. I say this because it is just too easy to kill friends over and over. It may be boring but there is no reason it isn't being done right now.

So, to the point of this thread. I have seen many posts on forums about wanting 1v1 matches, 2v2 matches ect and also people wanting rewards for PvP.....such as vanity helms.

Well I put 2 and 2 together and what I got was rated PvP arenas. How they would works, is that in Ursan Weald, Next to the PvP guy, would be an Arena Team Organiser. By tapping on this guy you would be givin an oportunity to pay a some of 20kish to make a 2 player PvP team. The NPC would allow you to come up with a name for you team and also allow you to type in the name of the friend you want to add to your 2v2 team. Once you have filled this in and payed your gold, the next time your friend logs on he will get an invite to your team. If he is already in your team then the Arena Team Organiser will tell you so and not allow you to spend your money. Once you have made your team, you can talk to the PvP guy in Ursan Weald and ask to enter an Arena Team Battle. To do this your partner must be online and in a town. When you have tapped "Yes I wish to enter a battle" your team is immediately entered into a random group finder. Once your team has found another team to fight, everyone recieves a simple yes-no invitation into the arena. Once everyone fighting has accepted, the group in teleported into one of the 3 new 2v2 arenas. Each map will roughly be cirle or square shaped with no places to hide with the exception of pillars ect. There will be 3 rounds per match. Once a player dies, he does not respawn until the next round. The winners of the best out of 3 rounds both recieve 2.5k gold and + 10 to their arena rating. There would be scoreboards for the rated arena matches and once a team gets a 500 rating, they recieve 5k gold per match. A team can play up to 3 matches in a day. The teams get 30 seconds each to accpet the invitation into an arena. If both members in a team have accepted the inv but the other team hasn't, the team that did, is put into the from of the waiting que, will the other team will have to re-sign up for a match. Arena teams could be no longer then 20 characters.

The name of the opposite arena team would be placed above the names of their player names once in the arena. The maps and ability to sign up teams would cost 20 plat.

When you think about it STS, with only 3 simple maps to be made, it would probably be much easier to make then ctf, and with rewards and proper team work, it would be much more worth your time. Im not sure about whether or not it would be better if it was 10 matches in a week, so people have time to organise their matches and be able to play their games on what ever days they want, instead of having to log in each day just to do their matches. The fact that you can only do so much in a week, encourages two things: Practising the normal maps when your matches have already been played, and getting others to buy the maps. The randomly selecting games means it can't be abused. Arena teams could only be made by level 50s to avoid fighting other levels.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Necrobane; 11-28-2010 at 09:54 PM.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Bumpety bump, come on guys, i want to know your opinions lol.
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like a cool idea, would be cool to have a PvP ladder system like that, with different competitive levels, based on level aswell. I like the idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

arena teams can only be made by level 50s?

What about the Lower levels?
    [CENTER]Įgń:
    Ëłįptįč
    Twëëńk
    Gone, but (hopefully) never forgotten

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Well, the fights would only be fair if you were fighting opponents that were the same level as you. Perhaps there could be unrated arena fights where there are no winnings, and you could do them as much as you like. You would be paired with a team mate within 3 levels of you and vs other players within 3 levels of you both. this is for levels under 50 of course. Only lvl 50's should be able to enter rated matches, i mean, they're the ones who would want to much more then lower players anyway right?
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Wow I like it
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by juhnken773 View Post
    arena teams can only be made by level 50s?

What about the Lower levels?
    Have it like WoW-- Sub-50 arena is only good for learning the system...practicing. Would anyone say practice is unimportant?
    Hi, my name is Olhar. I'm a lvl41 mage in EOS and I'm an alcoholic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Twinks are made for pvp.

There should be rated for them as well. Filter the matches to find ones for the selected level.

If your lvl 50. You get paired with other 50ths

If your 35. You get pair with other 35s.

If your 19. Get paired with 19s.
    [CENTER]Įgń:
    Ëłįptįč
    Twëëńk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thats a though i had, but then i thought that if STS had to pick out the rated levels, it makes the concept a bit too complex to be added, i figured keep it simple a and it might happen. Any Devs care to comment on what direction they're headed as far as PvP rewards are concerned?
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobane View Post
    Thats a though i had, but then i thought that if STS had to pick out the rated levels, it makes the concept a bit too complex to be added, i figured keep it simple a and it might happen. Any Devs care to comment on what direction they're headed as far as PvP rewards are concerned?
    Well thought out.

Comment from devs would be helpful.
    [CENTER]Įgń:
    Ëłįptįč
    Twëëńk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thanks, I like to contribute but I'm a little lost as to what they want suggestions for.
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Limiting Pvp to elite players would be sad, But yep, Pvp system must me improved, but to me it should reward players in a way or another to keep it interessting. (as explained here, a while ago.)
    I am curious how the devs will/are improving this, since tons of suggestions has been proposed.
    /Erathic -Tank: L50 (almost full rift! :/)/ TheGrudge -Mage: L50 (finally full cosmos!)/BadFarmer - Archer: L30