Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: guild named after drug use should not be allowed sts please change this guild name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Default guild named after drug use should not be allowed sts please change this guild name

here as you can see is a guild promoting the use of crackName:  Screenshot_2014-02-04-19-10-41.png
Views: 528
Size:  504.2 KBName:  Screenshot_2014-02-04-19-10-11.png
Views: 503
Size:  607.7 KB
    I know that this game is played by many impressionable children and to have a guild named < crack headz> is unacceptable as it promotes the use of crack and anything promoting drug use should be prohibited in a children's game. press have this name changed to prevent the glorification of an evil drug that ruins lives everyday. and to use the name of a top rank player to promote drug use is even worse. this seems a message that top players use drugs and that is not true. so to be perfectly clear this is not me and I in no way sort drug use. PLEASE STS MAKE THIS GUILD CHANGE ITS NAME

CO-MASTER of Magnum Legendary arcane legends warrior and retired #1 in battle command on 1/14/14

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djironlung For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i don't see any problem u can't buy drugs in a game any children listen about drugs all days and this don't say theys are going to get drugs or smoke marihuana..

only 1 question what is better drugs or gangs? LOL the 2 are bads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

neither are any better than the other three point is drug use shouldn't be promoted in a game that children play. this game doesn't have an adult rating so adult material should not be allowed to be presented to children.

CO-MASTER of Magnum Legendary arcane legends warrior and retired #1 in battle command on 1/14/14

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djironlung View Post
    neither are any better than the other three point is drug use shouldn't be promoted in a game that children play. this game doesn't have an adult rating so adult material should not be allowed to be presented to children.
    promoted?? theys are not saying hey u go smoke drugs are good.. is only a name..

ur Guild say the old gang. so u promote the gangs ur guild should be removed or change name bcus promote gans to children and here in my country gangs kill millions of children and people all the days.. maybe u don't know how is a real gang.

just saying i think is only a name is not promoting nothing. but u should report this issue to spacetime support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

In the future, contact support at support@spacetimestudios.com and inform them about your problem, rather than singling out a specific person or guild on the forums, bringing undesired attention to them.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

okay maybe it is inappropriate but it is not saying hey kids go do crack and all drugs lol...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Hehe going to make a guild called <paracetamol headz> I heard it was I drug too Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Personally I don't see anything wrong just a guild trying to give a 'gangster' impression xD these things happen in any game not gonna mention names but there are toons out there with names that you may consider worse than <crack headz>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

For one, the guild name could simply mean crack heads, as in, cracking heads(skulls).

I believe you may just be upset that he copied your name as well, an seeking retaliation.

Crack is a drug yes.
    Marijuana no.

Gangs are bad. So what if i said your guile name was promoting gangs, that is.bad for a youngsters eyes.

I just destroyed your whole argument so, in that case, your argument is invalid.

Have a amazing day being part of a gang.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

The thing is we all know ironlung and he's worked hard to get on the leaderboard. I guess it's a form of flattery that a character quite blatantly copies his name. However, iron is right to want to protect his image and not have the associations made with this characters choice of guild name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I like crack...ing pistachios open

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anehazaz View Post
    The thing is we all know ironlung and he's worked hard to get on the leaderboard. I guess it's a form of flattery that a character quite blatantly copies his name. However, iron is right to want to protect his image and not have the associations made with this characters choice of guild name.
    yes that but more importantly not to have my image used in a way that could make a bad impression on children by promoting drug use. as I am a father nothing sticks out more in my mind than the thought of my image being used to harm children and glorifying drug use can have a very harmful affect on the impressionable minds of children. I can't live with that thought

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thccontentmatters View Post
    For one, the guild name could simply mean crack heads, as in, cracking heads(skulls).

I believe you may just be upset that he copied your name as well, an seeking retaliation.

Crack is a drug yes.
    Marijuana no.

Gangs are bad. So what if i said your guile name was promoting gangs, that is.bad for a youngsters eyes.

I just destroyed your whole argument so, in that case, your argument is invalid.

a crack head it's a person that is addicted to crack this is a very well known fact. copy the name is one thing using it to glorify drug use is another. everyone knows what a"crack head" is and it is only used to berate crack users and not for anything else. when someone does something blatantly
    stupid you call them a crack head, or say what are you on crack, there is only one meaning to the term crack head and that's a drug addict who uses crack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Will a dev close this thread. He's clearly mad a guy copied his name.

This is all this is about, he hopes that the character an guild will get deleted so there won't be anyone with a second version of his name, an he's using this lame excuse to get his way.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djironlung View Post
    yes that but more importantly not to have my image used in a way that could make a bad impression on children by promoting drug use. as I am a father nothing sticks out more in my mind than the thought of my image being used to harm children and glorifying drug use can have a very harmful affect on the impressionable minds of children. I can't live with that thought
    im father too. but this is not promoting nothing..

so u are promoting gangs. and gangs are very bad too. but u are father and u promote gangs.. LOL.

is only a name!! any children is going to smoke drugs just to see a guild name LOL XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

What about the gang Twisted Bastards and such? There are a lot of guilds with names that might imply something but not encourage it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djironlung:1458510

Crack is a drug yes.
    Marijuana no.

a crack head it's a person that is addicted to crack this is a very well known fact. copy the name is one thing using it to glorify drug use is another. everyone knows what a"crack head" is and it is only used to berate crack users and not for anything else. when someone does something blatantly
    stupid you call them a crack head, or say what are you on crack, there is only one meaning to the term crack head and that's a drug addict who uses crack.
    So i guess the term (i edited out of kindness.) describes you?
    Last edited by thccontentmatters; 02-04-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Let's make that a well known fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Just what I was going to say! That could easily be a PvP guild. It's no different from a guild with the name 'break bones.' There are so many people from different nations and languages that many wouldn't even understand it as a slang word...for all you know, that guild name could've been picked by a Bulgarian person and chose to translate late "crack heads" into the more common tongue, English.

And honestly, your initial post is eligible for being reported, as you chose to not block the player's name.
    Iron lung is a pretty common name...he could have absolutely no idea who you are. I'm sure there are plenty of people with names like xGoku, xGokux, xxGokuuxx and none have the intention of making a bad reputation for whoever has Goku.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ill probably receive an infraction. But if you are so blantly ignorant, that you think this is promoting drug use, well lets make sure you dont have any genetic malfunctions.

IT IS SIMPLY THE NAME OF A GUILD.

Im sorry STS, but I've looked at it from his perspective, i see his point. but his point is invalid. The name is not promoting, simply a name.

The Old Gang is not promoting gangs, its a name, but if you look at it in the same.perspective as he is, well his guild name needs to be changed too.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to thccontentmatters For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt:1458524
    Just what I was going to say! That could easily be a PvP guild. It's no different from a guild with the name 'break bones.' There are so many people from different nations and languages that many wouldn't even understand it as a slang word...for all you know, that guild name could've been picked by a Bulgarian person and chose to translate late "crack heads" into the more common tongue, English.

And honestly, your initial post is eligible for being reported, as you chose to not block the player's name.
    Iron lung is a pretty common name...he could have absolutely no idea who you are. I'm sure there are plenty of people with names like xGoku, xGokux, xxGokuuxx and none have the intention of making a bad reputation for whoever has Goku.
    Kudos to you sir.

Finally someone who has common sense.