Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide: The Mage Kills The Maul!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i was being "laugh" at yesterday by a warrior he said "arcane weapon + SAM" cannot win a warr with hammer ....

FYI: i killed him ratio 4 v 6 times he killed me. End Story, mage still sucks irregardless how good their equipment or pet is against warrior.

Mage can only kill rogue or Mage equivalent 1:1 chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    i was being "laugh" at yesterday by a warrior he said "arcane weapon + SAM" cannot win a warr with hammer ....

FYI: i killed him ratio 4 v 6 times he killed me.
    That ratio is actually pretty good

The more you practice, usually you'll get the hang of it and have better results!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    That ratio is actually pretty good

The more you practice, usually you'll get the hang of it and have better results!
    The warrior tends to change tactics after they know i.e jugger to stun mage so we wont run and few DPS hit we are mince meat ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

in my opinion our skill much more slow regen than other class such as heal skill... warrior and rouge heal skill regen are faster than mage
    even more warrior heal got shield and overtime heal same as rouge overtime heal and they can spam medic pack
    and its get worse now lot of warrior using juggernaut make even more difficult to kill warrior
    so...no matter how well equip mage are when come to pvp we are powerless
    and i hope dev team will look to our problem and make it more balance than now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ody style View Post
    in my opinion our skill much more slow regen than other class such as heal skill... warrior and rouge heal skill regen are faster than mage
    even more warrior heal got shield and overtime heal same as rouge overtime heal and they can spam medic pack
    Quote Originally Posted by ody style View Post
    so...no matter how well equip mage are when come to pvp we are powerless
    I'd like to stress that both these quotes are wrong. The warrior, rogue, and as well as the mage's cooldown time for heal is all 15 seconds. Your second quote is wrong as well. We are not powerless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I've tried this and it worked meh. My issue was fighting the stunlock warriors that get sky smash stun then panic with their pet. By then I'm down to like 30% and hardly have enough time to charge shield. I've killed some good tanks before, but surviving without shield is pretty difficult.

(Note this is coming from a twink so this may be somewhat different).

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    (Note this is coming from a twink so this may be somewhat different).
    You are dead and not at 30% at endgame vs arcane maul or myth glaive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    You are dead and not at 30% at endgame vs arcane maul or myth glaive.
    Yeah pretty much. I live if I get lucky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

- Impossible to quick change skill on any mobile device so useless to all who don't play on PC.
    - Its hard enough for a mythic mage to kill legendary warrior but with a maul or glaive the outcome 90% of the time is in favor of the warrior.
    - Good guide to highlight the inadequacies of current number of skill slots.
    - Mages will only get worse as the game progresses, unless their stun freeze or root is made effective in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Striderevil:1484594
    - Impossible to quick change skill on any mobile device so useless to all who don't play on PC.
    - Its hard enough for a mythic mage to kill legendary warrior but with a maul or glaive the outcome 90% of the time is in favor of the warrior.
    - Mages will only get worse as the game progresses, unless their stun freeze or root is made effective in pvp.
    Root would be interesting. It would give mages a better chance against warriors. Rogues and mages can fight from afar. Warriors have less options such as axe throw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Striderevil View Post
    It's not impossible to switch skills on a mobile device. Although I don't play on mobile device, I know that it is more than possible to do (with practice) in 2 sec.

A legendary warrior vs me, I'd say I will win 80-90% of the time (even with my gear) using this build. I found glaives impossible to overcome, so far, but mauls are beatable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Root would be interesting. It would give mages a better chance against warriors. Rogues and mages can fight from afar. Warriors have less options such as axe throw.
    In my honest opinion, rooting would just tickle any average warrior. I'm pretty sure at least 75% of endgame warriors use Skyward Smash, and Axe Throw is arguably one of the best skills to use against a mage in a 1v1. If rooting is similar to Crawly's arcane ability, it won't have much effect since both Skyward Smash and Axe Throw have decent range, enough to pull the mage in the compressed spawn room of CTF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor:1484730
    In my honest opinion, rooting would just tickle any average warrior. I'm pretty sure at least 75% of endgame warriors use Skyward Smash, and Axe Throw is arguably one of the best skills to use against a mage in a 1v1. If rooting is similar to Crawly's arcane ability, it won't have much effect since both Skyward Smash and Axe Throw have decent range, enough to pull the mage in the compressed spawn room of CTF.

If im rooted all I can do to attack is axe or pet. On the other hand I can try to heal. Warrior attacks, windmill and cs woupd be useless.

Jug would overcome this of course. Rogues with razorshield with the freedom upgrade too. Mages will have slightly more opportunities to fight at a range and / or buy time to act defensively if necessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

One thing about Crawly's arcane that I have noticed. Is it seems to take auto targetting away. You can't turn when you are rooted with Crawly's arcane so your skills won't fire behind you, just in front of you. So it works like a stun if you move away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

If im rooted all I can do to attack is axe or pet. On the other hand I can try to heal. Warrior attacks, windmill and cs woupd be useless.

Jug would overcome this of course. Rogues with razorshield with the freedom upgrade too. Mages will have slightly more opportunities to fight at a range and / or buy time to act defensively if necessary.
    Do you not use Skyward Smash? Usually, I don't see people use Windmill nowadays, especially for 1v1ing, and cs is still usable, if you axe the opponent close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    One thing about Crawly's arcane that I have noticed. Is it seems to take auto targetting away. You can't turn when you are rooted with Crawly's arcane so your skills won't fire behind you, just in front of you. So it works like a stun if you move away.
    This is true all the time, if everyone is behind you while you are rooted by Crawly's arcane ability, and if there isn't anyone in front of you, you can still fire your skills backwards (for a mage i.e. Fireball, Frost, Lightning, Curse, etc.), warriors can successfully Skyward Smash enemies behind them as well, however, I'm not to sure about Axe Throw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor:1485378

Do you not use Skyward Smash? Usually, I don't see people use Windmill nowadays, especially for 1v1ing, and cs is still usable, if you axe the opponent close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    This is true all the time, if everyone is behind you while you are rooted by Crawly's arcane ability, and if there isn't anyone in front of you, you can still fire your skills backwards (for a mage i.e. Fireball, Frost, Lightning, Curse, etc.), warriors can successfully Skyward Smash enemies behind them as well, however, I'm not to sure about Axe Throw.
    I dont think you can skyward smash or shadow pierce when rooted. You can when snared but not rooted by crawlys ability. Yea I use Skyward Smash. I was mostly listing the options the warrior would have or moreso lack of options if the mage had a proper root.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I dont think you can skyward smash or shadow pierce when rooted. You can when snared but not rooted by crawlys ability. Yea I use Skyward Smash. I was mostly listing the options the warrior would have or moreso lack of options if the mage had a proper root.
    I see, I'll go test that one out later, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

A legendary warrior can easily kill an arcane mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by User111 View Post
    A legendary warrior can easily kill an arcane mage.
    A legendary warrior could kill a noob arcane mage, however a legendary warrior cannot kill a skilled semi mythic mage.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    A legendary warrior could kill a noob arcane mage, however a legendary warrior cannot kill a skilled semi mythic mage.
    BUT a legendary FULL PRO mage cant kill a low skilled arcane warrior - NEVER because he only needs to stun once with Maul or pet and finish the mage in first 3 seconds. *lol*

So at the end of the day we are back at : WARRIORS ARE TOTALLY IMBALANCED VS MAGES.

edit: Even in "pro" clashes the number of warriors seperate the winners from the one who dont win. If the number of warriors is equal the Maul gonna win.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 02-27-2014 at 04:39 AM.