Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Guide: The Mage Kills The Maul!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

delete lol
    Last edited by ody style; 05-12-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Thing is, warriors this season hit like rogues with the new magmatic claymore. Right now, its nearly impossible to kill a switching warrior, and one who doesn't switch still packs a punch aand lasts long.

I know tanks with 6.8k HP, 400 damage and 1.9k armor - and the magma's skill damage is way high. Proof? My l40 warrior in Tarlok's hits about 100-200 damage less than my mythic l41 mage (not including crits) and has double HP and nearly double armor. Something must be wrong here...
    It's almost impossible without a Kershal

If you have Kershal and follow the guide, claymore and maulers are food

With an expedition gun, I can kill a warrior in 5 seconds. Charge Fireball (stun), charge lightning, tap ice, activate Samael arcane ability, combo again. GG warriors. It works EVERY time (when Samael works).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    It's almost impossible without a Kershal

If you have Kershal and follow the guide, claymore and maulers are food

With an expedition gun, I can kill a warrior in 5 seconds. Charge Fireball (stun), charge lightning, tap ice, activate Samael arcane ability, combo again. GG warriors. It works EVERY time (when Samael works).
    why do you need to charge lightning? you have the 25% chance to stun addon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    why do you need to charge lightning? you have the 25% chance to stun addon?
    Yes, I now do. I've grown to like it very much, you'd be surprised how often it saves your life. Not only that, there is a significant damage increase on a critical hit when you charge your Lightning (in my eyes).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Guide: Mage Kills The Maul! Part II - Coming tomorrow (thread is half-way done)!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Charged lightning hits significantly higher. In my fire lightning shield heal build, I charge lightning once stun immunity ticks in because a charged lightning hits so much harder than tapped lightning and charged fireball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

It's published! Feel free to voice your thoughts!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...83#post1638283

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Lol tried doing a vs with a warrior with my curse build..worst battle ever. He didn't even hit me, just stood there for 5min used horn jugg and vb, then I ran out of 4k mana LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Lol tried doing a vs with a warrior with my curse build..worst battle ever. He didn't even hit me, just stood there for 5min used horn jugg and vb, then I ran out of 4k mana LOL.

Tell me, how effective is Curse against a stationary warrior? Common sense dude...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Tell me, how effective is Curse against a stationary warrior? Common sense dude...
    I didn't use curse actually, I never bother vs
    warrior. I meant I had a curse spec and only 2 attack skills. Had shield fb light and heal on HUD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Really nice guide ,I killed muthic warrior with legendary gear because this guide,he doesnt have maul but..mythic warrior is nice
    Ign:Fvw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    If the warrior has maul, it's game over no matter what. But if he's undergeared and one by one, there's a better build for this. Might make a topic just to steal the spotlight duhuhu.
    Utter garbage...and totally expected given the things you had to say about switching skills 2 months ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    BUT a legendary FULL PRO mage cant kill a low skilled arcane warrior - NEVER because he only needs to stun once with Maul or pet and finish the mage in first 3 seconds. *lol*

So at the end of the day we are back at : WARRIORS ARE TOTALLY IMBALANCED VS MAGES.

edit: Even in "pro" clashes the number of warriors seperate the winners from the one who dont win. If the number of warriors is equal the Maul gonna win.
    I killed an Mauler with Samael yesterday using a rare weapon and have video to prove it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I keep reading stuff about "unfair" and "what I'd like to see in next update" but in reality...all STS had to do to bridge gap between mages and other classes in PVP was allow natural course of best tactics become more prevalent. Many mages were getting on bored with switching skills and there was proof all around that this was the best method to being adequate and even powerful in PVP. Alas...the forum crying took away the regular switching methods and the majority of mages have no chance outside of gear and gang to be decent in PVP....those of us who were already among the best mage PVP have found ways to remain powerful but those who failed to get on bored before arent likely to be able to master the switching techniques we use now. So the crybabies are still crying because they are weak (like I said they would) and all that was accomplished was the top mages game got a little tougher and the 99.9% of non-crying mages will remain limited by gear and ganging until they meet one of us undiscouraged non-crying mages who still skill switch and ask us for help. At which point they will leave the crybaby's guilds' and join us in beating the crybaby mages into a cry frenzy so fierce that not even STS will listen to them for once and they will hopefully do us all a favor and switch classes or quit game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

This should get sticky..
    Ign:Fvw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hello squishy mages of AL! Ever since PvP came out, there was always the problem that mages could never kill a skilled warrior in a 1v1. Well I've come here with a solution.

First off, you need THE build, and THE build consists of the following:

4/5 Shield - without the knockback
    4/5 Fireball - without the increased range upgrade
    3/5 Lightning - with the increased damage upgrade and the additional damage on crit upgrade
    3/5 Frost - with Jagged Ice and Shiver upgrades (I believe they are the DoT and increased freeze/stun upgrades)
    2/5 Lifegiver - with the mana upgrade (the mana upgrade is optional)

5/5 INT
    5/5 STR
    5/5 DEX
    5/5 Crit
    4/5 Damage

If you hadn't noticed, the use of five skills is essential. Note that I am not promoting any form of hotkeys or whatever, but the use of five skills is a tactic. If you want to argue with the fact that the use of five skills is a tactic or not, please flame the other 'five skill' threads and not this one. I would appreciate that very much.

Gear (edited):

Mythic/arcane gear is HIGHLY recommended, but I am not saying that it is impossible to kill a warrior without full mythics and arcanes. For in fact, it is possible. The current equips I use are the Expedition Rifle of Brutality (notice it is of 'Brutality' and not of 'Assault'; remember, 100+ hp > 3.0 damage), upgraded mythic helm and armor, Archon Ring of Brutality (INT/STR), and Tarlok Heart of Brutality (surprisingly enough, the Archon ring and the Tarlok amulet is still pretty top notch for this season. Of course, you can get yourself an Archon ring Lv. 40-41 now, and the only amulet comparable to the Tarlok amulet is the Lunar pendant, however, Tarlok amulet gives more HP and a slight armor bonus sufficing little damage and some crit, which is pretty useful. Remember, tank the tank). And even with these lame equips, killing a warrior 1v1 is more than possible. Note that every item I used have some form of the STR stat in it. The STR stat is really, really important for us mages. Not only is it the main source of HP, but it helps our shield last longer. Even against warriors, our shields do not last the full 15 seconds, since warriors can dish out so much damage nowadays. For more information about the Arcane Shield, feel free to visit this thread. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-as-of-5-7-13

Pet:

Any pet that gives a decent amount of INT, damage, STR, or crit is great. The best pet against a warrior would be, without a doubt, Samael. This is more of a personal preference, but I absolutely love to use Colton. Even though it slightly lacks HP, it works wonders, with the arcane ability to give 15% crit for 6 seconds and it has a great passive attack that has a very high chance to stun (this has saved my life numeral times). Unfortunately, I'd like to emphasize that Slag or Grimm are not very good pets to use against a warrior in 1v1. Even though Slag gives more movement speed, and even though it stuns well, it gives absolutely no crit at all. When 1v1ing a warrior, crit is your BFFF, and I mean it. If I were given the option to use HJ, Glacian, Colton, or even the Whim Bros, I would take Colton without hesitation. And good news, Colton has become less than 100k, so it is relatively affordable!

EDIT: Shadowlurk is superior to Colton in my opinion. You can easily finish off any warrior that underestimates your damage output in less than 2 seconds! The 20% crit and 20% damage buff from Shadowlurk is heaven. However unlike Colton, Shadowlurk has no stun on its passive ability, so you can't rely on Colton's lucky stun.

The Fight:

This is the most important part of this guide. How to fight the warrior. On your skill HUD, start of with the following skills: Shield, Lightning, Ice, and Fireball. At the 'Go', tap the arcane ability of Colton (let's say you are using Colton), charge Lightning, tap Ice, charge Fireball. It is important to always charge Fireball because charged Fireball decreases the hit chance of the warrior by a whooping 25%. It makes a big difference in the long run. After you charged Lightning, tapped Ice, and charged Fireball, do it again. Note to yourself, the only time you should charge Lightning is when Colton's arcane ability is active, which will inflict devastating damage upon opponent at the critical hit. Now by this time, the warrior would heal, and cast their two seconds of invulnerability. Always keep your distance from the target. This will help so that the warrior won't have much effect for DPS attacks, and hopefully, the maul will not proc AT you. You can also evade certain skills such as Chest Splitter or Windmill. So by the time the warrior cast his heal, you should be around 20-50% HP. When you are at 20-35% HP, this is when you charge your beloved shield. Next, QUICKLY switch skills (switch the shield with Lifegiver). Note that one false misclick might result in your defeat. As soon as you switch to Lifegiver and exited the skill menu, charge heal, cast it, and pray a thousand times that the warrior will not stun you in this period. With Colton, I have just about 3-3.2k HP, and charged Lifegiver heals about 70-80% of my health which is a game changer! At this time, tap Lightning, tap Ice, and charge Fireball. Note that you should always hit Lightning first, then Ice. This is because Lightning is your primary attack/damage skill, and Ice deals the second most damage. At this point of time, Colton's arcane ability will probably finish cooling down, so activate it, charge Lightning, tap Ice, charge Fireball, and repeat these three steps. By the time you are done, the warrior's Juggernaut had probably ended. Now the reason why you do not activate shield in the beginning of the battle is because it will be a waste. You will be able to absorb more damage using shield later, than using it in the beginning. I hope you understood that, for it is very important. Also, don't forget to charge your DPS attack every so often inbetween skill cooldowns. This will bring a slight change up to the game, for most mythic weapons have a slight stun on a charged attack, and I find that I proc way more often on a charged attack, than I do on a regular attack. After a bit more skill spamming, charge your heal again when your HP reaches 20-35% and QUICKLY switch skills again (switch Lifegiver with shield). Activate the shield, and use the two seconds of invulnerability to your advantage, and switch the skills again (switch shield and Lifegiver). Note that the ONLY time you can actually kill the warrior is the time period between them charging their Horn of Renew and the time before their two seconds of invulnerability shield appears. Basically, the strategy here is to tank out the tank while dishing insane damage at the same time. Pray for crits, it helps.

Interesting comments by others:

As you can see, tanks are possible to kill in 1v1's! You just need great timing and much luck (crit helps).

EDIT: Most average mauls are beatable! If you score enough crits, have a general idea of what you are doing, and if they don't proc 5 times in a row, it's easier than killing a rogue! On the other hand, against glaives, I didn't have as good results, but honestly, I didn't get enough testing time vsing glaives and will get back to y'all shortly.

Now I want all you mages out there to have fun and kick some warrior butt! (Not mine, of course)

I also want to shout some thank-you's to a few individuals. They might not know what they've done for me, but I have listened to each one of them at some point in time, and they all gave interesting points! So special thanks to Jon (Curse/Scar), Arrypotta, Lia (because she's so pro), Grimmy, Alhunt, and Woofcookie (he quit and I didn't even get to say my farewells).

Thank you for taking the time to read the thread, and I would appreciate it if you all won't rant about the use of five skills, etc.
    But how if warrior usng maul and this skill : venge,jugg,heal,skyward

Hope u got solution ^^
    That my skill vs with all mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrzaa View Post

Hope u got solution ^^
    That's easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

actually...the DMG 5/5 is useless..it never increased my DMG

SOLUTIONS PLZ???

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrzaa View Post

Hope u got solution ^^
    If the warrior has 1 attack skill its a piece of cake. You need to outlast jugg and bam thats it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Warrs with sam and 41 bonesaw and many paras jugg, axe throws me, smashes me, attack me twice, im dead while stunned