Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Classbalance endgame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I didn't take credit for it - did you see me ever claiming rights to that? I created that thread as a fun activity for others to do, not something to take credit for so I honestly do not see how you can compare the two. Those that played since the Kraag cap know about this game already. Heck, the people that play with me most of the time, I do not need to explain the rules for. So tell me, how am I claiming credit for it? I just made it into a weekly forum game. Even in game, I said CTF showed me when people ask how I found out. Heck, I'll even say it now: you told me about that game.

Secondly, I've seen you fight - you don't use veil and you do not use 5 skills but after I post the build, suddenly people are using it. If people did know about it and realized how effective it was, why wasn't it used before?

As for your last point, there are posts made in Bless's and your recent post history to show that you did not want anything to do with fixing sorcerers. The reason why you suggest a buff for sorcerers now is because it will be easier to fight a slightly buffed sorcerer as opposed to one that uses 5 skills.

I used viel for competitive 1v1s against mages, if you were a good mage- i most likely speced in viel for you.
    And no you haven't seen me fight. You have only seen glimpses, don't form generilzations based on those glimpses, heck for a good portion last season i used razor in pvp.

Slghly buffed?
    I suggested a armor increase, scaling lightning to aimed shot's dmg, increasing base health, etc.

Please don't exaggerate. Also i suggested a buff to enhance more equality in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    I used viel for competitive 1v1s against mages, if you were a good mage- i most likely speced in viel for you.
    And no you haven't seen me fight. You have only seen glimpses, don't form generilzations based on those glimpses, heck for a good portion last season i used razor in pvp.

Slghly buffed?
    I suggested a armor increase, scaling lightning to aimed shot's dmg, increasing base health, etc.

Please don't exaggerate. Also i suggested a buff to enhance more equality in pvp.

geez you two -.- youre both good rogues no need to outweigh one or the other, you are both full of knowledge rogues

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    i think he meant this.. kind of sounded like u were taking credit.. misunderstood? :/
    Preach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

i think he meant this.. kind of sounded like u were taking credit.. misunderstood? :/
    Makes sense why he misunderstood, but I never take credit for something that I didn't create. I made the thread, but even if you asked me on an alt, I would tell you who told me about it.

The reason why I didn't give credit to CTF on that thread is because I am sure he wasn't the person who made the game either. If he was, then I would've edited it in.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Makes sense why he misunderstood, but I never take credit for something that I didn't create. I made the thread, but even if you asked me on an alt, I would tell you who told me about it.

The reason why I didn't give credit to CTF on that thread is because I am sure he wasn't the person who made the game either. If he was, then I would've edited it in.
    I never asked nor implied that I created a viel build.
    Infact, i stated that others have been using it since season 2. Amazing right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I never asked nor implied that I created a viel build.
    Infact, i stated that others have been using it since season 2. Amazing right?
    First off, in season 2 there was not enough points to make a 5 skill build so that post is entirely invalid. Yes, you could use veil but it would leave you open to weaknesses for other classes. With my build, it does not leave you with weaknesses.

Now, let me begin:

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    You need to learn to not exaggerate so much. Give me names of people who uses 6 skills durig clashes and 1v1's, because I know no one that uses 6 skills. 5 skills are ok, but six is really pushing it.
    Geo, xbadboy, etc.
    This chained quote is in response to you suggesting to fix 6 skills. However, BadBoy and Geo aren’t that great of tanks in a clash because when they’re switching - they aren’t shielding their rogues & squishy smurfs. In turn, the skill switching leaves their team vulnerable even if it may boost the tank's overall survivability. So, skill switching in 1v1 can be OP but in clashes, it doesn’t matter. Yes, I still think it should be fixed since it’s obviously breaking game functions however, my point is that once y’all have an idea - you do not let anyone change your mindset.

Example: In this, Miracle states that PvP balance is not 1v1, so people should not be complaining. Yet, the 4 skills only really affects a 1v1 user. The reason why I quote Miracle is because we both know that you two are buddy buddy and back each other up in the buff/nerf threads.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    @cero what balance are you talking about? When mages and warriors use 5 skills it totally topples the pvp balanxe and only the best geared rogues can beat them -those with 3.8k up and 1.6k+ mana and 400+ dmg

I dont mind yall aying differently, but this? Most rogues always die...thats not balancing, you just want class to be OP when theyre not meant to be in a 1v1. A mage isnt built for 1v1, so they start using 4+ skills to gain unfaor advantages?
    And, to top it off, here you are supporting Miracle’s post about 1v1s and whatnot:
    #sitdownvenom

Apply cold water to burn.
    Additionally, if you knew of the skill build and or knew others that found it effective, this post would not have been made:
    Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    That goes for anyone. If one does not have gear, they will die. If my warrior vs'd your rogue, and my warrior had dev maul with deary, and you had razors with Sam... You would win. If you don't have the gear, that's your problem.
    And Bless, I remember 1v1ing you a few hours ago, and I used five skills on you. You then complained about curse, so I tried vs against you with four skills, without curse, and I still won. Point is, get some skill.

Lastly, here is your recent thread selection:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/sear...earchid=811631

Not one of the threads you have created suggest a buff to a mage, and if there is one, it is within a thread where you are suggesting a buff to a rogue.

I am done with this, honestly. I just wanted to point out what you and Miracle are doing & it’s not right.

As Miracle has said, "Think outside of the box."
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-10-2014 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/sear...hid=811631&pp=

Not one of the threads you have created suggest a buff to a mage, and if there is one, it is within a thread where you are suggesting a buff to a rogue.

I am done with this, honestly. I just wanted to point out what you and Miracle are doing & it’s not right.

the link didnt work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

the link didnt work
    Replaced it with a link that does work, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

First off, in season 2 there was not enough points to make a 5 skill build so that post is entirely invalid. Yes, you could use veil but it would leave you open to weaknesses for other classes. With my build, it does not leave you with weaknesses.

Now, let me begin:

This chained quote is in response to you suggesting to fix 6 skills. However, BadBoy and Geo aren’t that great of tanks in a clash because when they’re switching - they aren’t shielding their rogues & squishy smurfs. In turn, the skill switching leaves their team vulnerable even if it may boost the tank's overall survivability. So, skill switching in 1v1 can be OP but in clashes, it doesn’t matter. Yes, I still think it should be fixed since it’s obviously breaking game functions however, my point is that once y’all have an idea - you do not let anyone change your mindset.

Example: In this, Miracle states that PvP balance is not 1v1, so people should not be complaining. Yet, the 4 skills only really affects a 1v1 user. The reason why I quote Miracle is because we both know that you two are buddy buddy and back each other up in the buff/nerf threads.

And, to top it off, here you are supporting Miracle’s post about 1v1s and whatnot:

To top it off, if you knew of the skill build and or knew others that found it effective, this post would not have been made:

I didn't swap skills ib season 2, i used packs,viels, sp, and aimed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I didn't swap skills ib season 2, i used packs,viels, sp, and aimed
    Which is a different build then what you use now, correct? As stated before, this build does not leave a rogue with any weaknesses and I know it hasn't been done before or people would've realized sooner how effective it is. You can swap out what you need before the fight starts, so there is not a weakness other than having the wrong skill at the wrong time which rarely happens IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Now, let me begin:

To top it off, if you knew of the skill build and or knew others that found it effective, this post would not have been made:

Your swapping from a 1v1 pov to a clash pov depending on which pov glorifies your pov.
    The tanks 6 skills are 1v1 builds, highly doubt they would take the time to swap in game. Me personally, i started usig viel in mage 1v1s last season, many mages can attest to this.

Also Miracles mad a valid point, if you make a valid point I'll back you up.

5>4 doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Replaced it with a link that does work, thanks!
    i think the link only works for you bec youre the one who searched it.. idk but doesnt work still lol..
    anyways this kind of became a discussion about rogues build.. good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Which is a different build then what you use now, correct? As stated before, this build does not leave a rogue with any weaknesses and I know it hasn't been done before or people would've realized sooner how effective it is. You can swap out what you need before the fight starts, so there is not a weakness other than having the wrong skill at the wrong time which rarely happens IMO.
    This would be a strictly 1v1 build, you wouldn't use extra int points against a mage..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

This would be a strictly 1v1 build, you wouldn't use extra int points against a mage..
    "This" is ambiguous, please clarify. Your use of general words makes it very hard to understand some of your points.

@Ink
    All you need to do is look at his profile, then hit "Recent Threads". In there, not one thread is a suggestion to buff mages. If there is a suggestion, it is within a buff rogue category thread which is like giving up a carrot for a cookie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Your swapping from a 1v1 pov to a clash pov depending on which pov glorifies your pov.
    The tanks 6 skills are 1v1 builds, highly doubt they would take the time to swap in game. Me personally, i started usig viel in mage 1v1s last season, many mages can attest to this.

Also Miracles mad a valid point, if you make a valid point I'll back you up.

5>4 doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out
    Miracles made a valid point about a 1v1 situation, but another valid point is that as he stated - class balance is not 1v1 but FFA. In a FFA environment, a 6 skill build is counter productive. How do I know this? In clashes, when I fight with badboy or other skill switching warriors, they're spending half their time in the skill menu as opposed to running with me and protecting me while I do the damage. So, 1v1 suggestions are invalid to balance as they are very specific and changing the balance to reflect 1v1 situations can actually make other situations like clashing a major headache.

Also, in reference to your first point - you are yet again very ambiguous, so please clarify exactly what you mean. The only person that can read your thoughts is yourself, not us.

As for the 5>4, it depends. When swapping, the opponent is giving 2 seconds to you of uninterrupted combat. So, if you are good enough, you CAN kill them in those two seconds and/or prolong that 2 second window through a stun + terrify combo.
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-10-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

"This" is ambiguous, please clarify. Your use of general words makes it very hard to understand some of your points.

@Ink
    All you need to do is look at his profile, then hit "Recent Threads". In there, not one thread is a suggestion to buff mages. If there is a suggestion, it is within a buff rogue category thread which is like giving up a carrot for a cookie.
    "This" would refer to the viel,sp,as,packs build.

I don't pvp as a mage so i don't have the credentials to state every problem nor have the time to address every flaw or problem regarding the class of the "mage".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

"This" would refer to the viel,sp,as,packs build.

I don't pvp as a mage so i don't have the credentials to state every problem nor have the time to address every flaw or problem regarding the class of the "mage".
    Then why mention suggesting that you offered to buff them? Pointless, right?

The only times you do is when you offer a rogue buff to make rogues even more OP than they already are. Perhaps, people should utilize the other wonderful skills in a character's class rather than suggesting for buffs and nerfs. Yes, I did this but it was when I wasn't using my head.

I'm not sure if you know this, but developers program with logic. So, when they create skills, they are well thought through and usually every skill has been tested to have a method to counteract it. The name of the game is to find an efficient build that can counteract most strategies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

The only times you do is when you offer a rogue buff to make rogues even more OP than they already are. Perhaps, people should utilize the other wonderful skills in a character's class rather than suggesting for buffs and nerfs. Yes, I did this but it was when I wasn't using my head.

I'm not sure if you know this, but developers program with logic. So, when they create skills, they are well thought through and usually every skill has been tested to have a method to counteract it. The name of the game is to find an efficient build that can counteract most strategies.
    Do you understand the concept of what compromise or a trade-off is?

Rogues are OP?
    Pls, tanks can deal 1k dmg, along with amazig defensive skills..

Devs created skills with logic?

Sss.

Evidently, there is no perfect build; we try to find a build that is most efficient under the circumstances that are given.
    Last edited by Solid; 02-10-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Would you also clarify if I actually did in fact, offer to buff mages or not?

You seen to be bending words to fortify your claims.

I'm quite confused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Or you could PL?