Thread: Dormant alts

In the depth of hell having a drink with that bastard hades
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default Dormant alts

one of the most important things in dl is your name in my opinion therefore you have to pick a name that's not taken and suits you're needs but recently its been becoming more difficult to choose an original name that's written correctly because of players who probably reserved those names when the game came out and never came back on to actually use the name which is pretty unfair for active players

so what i am suggesting is that what if sts puts like a time limit on alts that never come on for a specific amount of time for example alts that stay inactive for 5-6 months without coming on at least once gets automatically deleted that way more names will always be available for new people or for people who want to make new names
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=114903&dateline=13874  76753
    Screw The System #IGN's : Hellprince,Deadlywhisper,nopromises,eowyn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

good idea hell
    My Alts: Deadlycorpse, Deadlystriker, deadlystrikr, deadstrikr, greengoblinn,mangoo, applee, strawberryy.subscribe to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiT...jYMUavYMle-5rg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I hate to disagree but being able to reserve an original name means that they have been playing for a long time and deserve to continue to have that name.

Take this for example, a player in PL named Argothewickd recently came back from a 2 year break. Was a very well know player and lots of people knew him. If the same thing was implied for that, then its almost as if the legacy was gone. Yes the name isn't rare but he made the name stand for something and should stay that way.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aoeqt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aoeqt View Post
    I hate to disagree but being able to reserve an original name means that they have been playing for a long time and deserve to continue to have that name.

Take this for example, a player in PL named Argothewickd recently came back from a 2 year break. Was a very well know player and lots of people knew him. If the same thing was implied for that, then its almost as if the legacy was gone. Yes the name isn't rare but he made the name stand for something and should stay that way.
    well yes true their are those cases but we need to fix this problem somehow because this guy is only one case most of the other players never come on and probably will never come back on again so the name is just gonna be sitting there without any use but i kinda see where you're coming from
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=114903&dateline=13874  76753

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

I understand the frustration...but I don't think 5-6 months is long enough. It has been about 11 months since we got a level cap raise or any new maps. Some people might only play a game when the cap goes up or new maps come out. It would be wrong of STS to delete all their stuff just because they haven't logged in since the last major update. Maybe something like freeing up reserved names after a year or two is okay if the person never actually logged in to make a toon.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hellprince View Post
    well yes true their are those cases but we need to fix this problem somehow because this guy is only one case most of the other players never come on and probably will never come back on again so the name is just gonna be sitting there without any use but i kinda see where you're coming from
    I have a problem with this, i paid 5 platinum to have my characters name "available" reserved, so this shouldent have effect on old players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    I understand the frustration...but I don't think 5-6 months is long enough. It has been about 11 months since we got a level cap raise or any new maps. Some people might only play a game when the cap goes up or new maps come out. It would be wrong of STS to delete all their stuff just because they haven't logged in since the last major update. Maybe something like freeing up reserved names after a year or two is okay if the person never actually logged in to make a toon.
    well it doesn't matter how its the principle 1-2 years doesn't matter as long as they do something , i mean in the time of 2 years i am sure they could log on at least once to avoid it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    227 Posts

they are already doing this. my pl acc was deleted, bc i havent logged in since over a year.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kornsen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I disagree! :O My alt has a beautiful name, "Noun". Even though I'm leaving soon. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exol View Post
    I disagree! :O My alt has a beautiful name, "Noun". Even though I'm leaving soon. Lol.
    one alt dies and another is reborn eh bro!
    ITS A MADHOUSE YO!
    DL IGNs: qingsana, flareblitz, boughtinalcohol, etc.
    Guild: Madhouse