Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What are happening to the guilds now???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Post What are happening to the guilds now???

Hello people, I wanna share some things that's been bothering in my head right now...

Ok, so you all know about the leaderboards, right? Part of the leaderboards is the "Best Guilds" leaderboard. Now you all must be thinking "Well no **** Sherlock", but really, what's been happening to the guilds lately?

I've been a player for nearly 2 years, and with my experiences with the community, scams, and the awesome ways to die in PVP, you can pretty much say that I'm a "veteran". So because of my experience, you can guess that I've been through a lot of guilds in the process. I've experienced the rise of a guild, its prosperous days, the downfall, and finally the disbanding. But lately, I've been disturbed by the thought that, "What are happening to the guilds now?", and here's why I've been thinking about it.

It all started when I was in a guild called Epitome of Silentkill. You probably know this guild, the super-elite guild that merged for the first time, right? Well, I used to be in that guild. In fact, I was in the former guild, Silentkillz, before the guild merged with Epitome of Excellence. It was run by 2 nice leaders, and the guild was doing so well. In fact, more and more people started to come to this guild. But this "Happy State" all ended when the 2 leaders stopped playing, and was replaced (though I'm not gonna who). Then he started making a bunch of dumb and stupid rules like "Don't invite people until they are lv 20" or "Make sure the people you're recruiting have more than 5000 AP". Then he tweaked the rule that we are only allowed to recruit lv 25, all the way to the level cap, lv 26 (this was before the Nordr expansion). When the Nordr expansion came in, he made a rule that people should reach the level cap in a month, if not then you'll be kicked out. When people (including me) questioned this new rule, he explained that "It's the only way we can reach #1 in the leaderboards." Seriously??? That's the reason why you've been kicking these young recruits? Just to reach the #1 spot? I got pissed off, so I stopped playing for 5 months.

Fast forward to the January, I come back and just as expected, I'm kicked out. And I was like "Eh, its fine by me. They're just a bunch of tryhards who wanna reach the #1 spot". Looking at the leaderboards, I discovered that Epitome of Silentkill DID make it to the top, beating the Deviant Misfits which was a shame, because Deviant Misfits was for me a second choice if ever I got kicked out of Epitome of Silentkill. I searched everywhere for a recruiter for Deviant Misfits, and finally found him in the Shuyal Arena. I asked him if I could join The Deviant Misfits and explained that I was kicked out and didn't play for months, blah blah blah... He rejected me, because I wasn't in the level cap. I asked him "Why should I be in the level cap?" He simply said "For the leaderboards." WTF? Seriously??? You reject people who wanna be in the guild? People who actually have potential in them???

Ok, more fast-forwarding to the present. I find a recruiter of the Epitome of Silentkill. And I thought, "Hmm... y'know what, I'm gonna try to get back to the guild." So I ask him and explained that I used to be in the guild and I would like to be back. I was rejected. When I asked why, she said that "You have to get the title Paragon first" And how do you get this title? You simply have to reach 10,000 APs to get this title. Ok, this was the part where I went "WTFF???" Are the recruiters of these "top guilds" buying their way into the #1 spot? Are the guilds that are trying to be in the leaderboards trying to implement this rule, just to be #1??! Guilds back then used to be friendly and accept everyone who wanted to join. What's happening right now? Are the guild now trying to compete each other by implementing dumb rules, just to raise their total points?

As new guilds rise I'm getting worried about the system of handling guilds now. What will happen in the future? What's the whole point of reaching the #1 spot? Why are guilds so drawn into reaching the top? Why am I still asking questions? There has to be an explanation to all this!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diego1marcus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Not all guilds are like this

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Not all guilds are like this
    Yes, but what happens like, in the future, when all guilds will compete?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to diego1marcus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

While I do sympathize with how the events turned out for you, I believe no one really was at fault .Even before guild rankings came in, there were already a set of guidelines for recruitment in any guild. Each guild is different from one another: there were those guilds which only recruited Germans, Filipinos, those who have 1m above, cosplayers and etc. Just think of it as a variation and one guild is unique from one another.

The moment when this whole rankings came, some guilds started to be competitive.. after all who wouldn't want to compete with others even if it was just for the sake of fun. In order to stay competitive, these top guilds made certain adjustments with the recruitment scheme by choosing only those who would contribute to the overall cumulative a.p.

Don't fret or be bothered since there are still guilds out there who do not take the rankings seriously. If i were you I'd go search for one that better suits your interests. Stay cool
    duck dynasty falls

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

u re right in some points... but at least i play in a guild because i like the way they r. I honour a lot of guilds to. as all the time i met eos or cu members i just see freindly ppl wich are handsome and helpsome. i need to say i never saw someone of the both guild reacting like sh--t or talking bad things even in pvp they are.... nice so i also think u took aomeone wich just had a "bad day"
    i was looking for a guild too since the day my old gm closed the guild i was in. i joined heldenvonheute and since this day... even now when i dont have much time to be online and cant play rly long time... they still honour me, im still an officer of the guild and all the time im online i receive a warm hello! this is what a guild should be. friendly and handsome. and escpaccialy for heldenvonheute i rly need to say... i rly love them and already found some rl friends in it. even when they try to reach the best place in the ranking they still are simply friendly.
    and diego... we are already in the future...

AL IGN:Hnakkur
    ~Even more prouder than eskimöse offi~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hnakkur For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

@limsyoker i see a advantage for language oriented guilds too... sometimes its faster to react and more handsome when everybody can use the motherlang they speak. u dont think so?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    While I do sympathize with how the events turned out for you, I believe no one really was at fault .Even before guild rankings came in, there were already a set of guidelines for recruitment in any guild. Each guild is different from one another: there were those guilds which only recruited Germans, Filipinos, those who have 1m above, cosplayers and etc. Just think of it as a variation and one guild is unique from one another.

The moment when this whole rankings came, some guilds started to be competitive.. after all who wouldn't want to compete with others even if it was just for the sake of fun. In order to stay competitive, these top guilds made certain adjustments with the recruitment scheme by choosing only those who would contribute to the overall cumulative a.p.

Don't fret or be bothered since there are still guilds out there who do not take the rankings seriously. If i were you I'd go search for one that better suits your interests. Stay cool
    hah, thanks. you do have a point there. although like i said, these adjustments are just dumb. because of the leaderboards, these guilds, the ones that i imagined them to be nice, become competitive. I'd like to see guilds the way they are, a connection with people all over the worlds, not a connection with elite people with high APs who dont talk at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't think there will ever be the case whereby ALL guilds want to compete. Aside from those constantly near the top of the leaderboards that HAVE TO STAY COMPETITIVE, there are many that are super friendly and will treat guildies like family. These guilds will also have their own rules (typically no scamming, don't be rude to your fellow guildie, help each other as much as possible, no begging etc etc) but i definitely think there are many guilds out there that just want individuals to have fun and be a part of that community.

Don't think that just because you are a veteran that you need to be in the top 5 guilds. You may in fact have more fun in other guilds where you can help your guildies and build in game friendships that do not depend on running all elite maps to get the best loot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

@diego: Remember, there are guilds out there who do not mind any rankings or whatsoever. These guilds are really for you and imm pretty sure they outnumber the top guilds out there If these top guilds cannot take you in as their member, well don't waste time bothering in joining them at all. You came to Arcane Legends to play and have fun so I suggest you do what you really love.

We can never control what a chosen group of players wish to implement in their guild.
    duck dynasty falls

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ehm.. You need show you CAN be in guild :-) exacly for me enought min lvl 20 then here arent any "stupid" peps(no beggings) and yes guilds wanna be #1

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

@Hnakkur: Well if it's for convenience, I'd have to agree with ya!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

believe me since we dont have such a big "german speaking guild crowd" ... they dont make this rule to be like older nazis... its just for the motherlang. i bet its the same in philip,american or french guilds too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diego1marcus View Post
    Hello people, I wanna share some things that's been bothering in my head right now...

Ok, so you all know about the leaderboards, right? Part of the leaderboards is the "Best Guilds" leaderboard. Now you all must be thinking "Well no **** Sherlock", but really, what's been happening to the guilds lately?

I've been a player for nearly 2 years, and with my experiences with the community, scams, and the awesome ways to die in PVP, you can pretty much say that I'm a "veteran". So because of my experience, you can guess that I've been through a lot of guilds in the process. I've experienced the rise of a guild, its prosperous days, the downfall, and finally the disbanding. But lately, I've been disturbed by the thought that, "What are happening to the guilds now?", and here's why I've been thinking about it.

It all started when I was in a guild called Epitome of Silentkill. You probably know this guild, the super-elite guild that merged for the first time, right? Well, I used to be in that guild. In fact, I was in the former guild, Silentkillz, before the guild merged with Epitome of Excellence. It was run by 2 nice leaders, and the guild was doing so well. In fact, more and more people started to come to this guild. But this "Happy State" all ended when the 2 leaders stopped playing, and was replaced (though I'm not gonna who). Then he started making a bunch of dumb and stupid rules like "Don't invite people until they are lv 20" or "Make sure the people you're recruiting have more than 5000 AP". Then he tweaked the rule that we are only allowed to recruit lv 25, all the way to the level cap, lv 26 (this was before the Nordr expansion). When the Nordr expansion came in, he made a rule that people should reach the level cap in a month, if not then you'll be kicked out. When people (including me) questioned this new rule, he explained that "It's the only way we can reach #1 in the leaderboards." Seriously??? That's the reason why you've been kicking these young recruits? Just to reach the #1 spot? I got pissed off, so I stopped playing for 5 months.

Fast forward to the January, I come back and just as expected, I'm kicked out. And I was like "Eh, its fine by me. They're just a bunch of tryhards who wanna reach the #1 spot". Looking at the leaderboards, I discovered that Epitome of Silentkill DID make it to the top, beating the Deviant Misfits which was a shame, because Deviant Misfits was for me a second choice if ever I got kicked out of Epitome of Silentkill. I searched everywhere for a recruiter for Deviant Misfits, and finally found him in the Shuyal Arena. I asked him if I could join The Deviant Misfits and explained that I was kicked out and didn't play for months, blah blah blah... He rejected me, because I wasn't in the level cap. I asked him "Why should I be in the level cap?" He simply said "For the leaderboards." WTF? Seriously??? You reject people who wanna be in the guild? People who actually have potential in them???

Ok, more fast-forwarding to the present. I find a recruiter of the Epitome of Silentkill. And I thought, "Hmm... y'know what, I'm gonna try to get back to the guild." So I ask him and explained that I used to be in the guild and I would like to be back. I was rejected. When I asked why, she said that "You have to get the title Paragon first" And how do you get this title? You simply have to reach 10,000 APs to get this title. Ok, this was the part where I went "WTFF???" Are the recruiters of these "top guilds" buying their way into the #1 spot? Are the guilds that are trying to be in the leaderboards trying to implement this rule, just to be #1??! Guilds back then used to be friendly and accept everyone who wanted to join. What's happening right now? Are the guild now trying to compete each other by implementing dumb rules, just to raise their total points?

As new guilds rise I'm getting worried about the system of handling guilds now. What will happen in the future? What's the whole point of reaching the #1 spot? Why are guilds so drawn into reaching the top? Why am I still asking questions? There has to be an explanation to all this!
    Can I respond you in a nice way?

First of all you are using words that nobody used them... For example : " he explained that "It's the only way we can reach #1 in the leaderboards." Seriously??? " this is not something I ever said....

You are speaking about EOS in here and I'm coming to reply to you... do you even know how to lead a guild? Do you even know what a guildmaster with 1300 members has to do?

I had to set some rules... and these rules were never taken on my own decision, were taken together with all officers.... so consider I was not only one who decided rules...

Second of all, every change we did, was announced atleast with 1 month before applying it... if you are not active... sorry... that's your problem... I'm not keeping zombies in EOS..

3rd : The reason why rules were added is because you can't run an elite with lvl 30.... being at lvl 36.... also I don't like twinks... so EOS is not a twink guild...rules were set were announced and everybody took their decision after the rules...

4th : We are still having 600+ members all lvl 36 with 10 k + aps.... if your too lazy and just come in game to speak... than your place for sure is not in EOS!

So get use to it... all rules applied to EOS seems that have been accepted by most... all rules were decided with 50+ officers... so you are just bringing nothing than words that I didn't used myself...

And coming back to paragon... 2 years almost and you don't have 10k aps? Sorry.... means you even don't play (1 day in 2 months prob) or just coming to chat... please find other guilds... EOS is an active guild ...doing runs, PVP and having fun... we don't need zombies... ty anyway for your words... but I tought I would read your letter and find something interesting.... In the end I just find a lazy guy complaining and bringing words I never used... I never said I wanna be rank #1 and everyone knows I said in guild : I rather be a family than being rank 1 guild in arcane legends...

Have fun and hope you will find a guild that suits you!

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Paulsebi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Lim is right. There are guild that don't care about ranking. Sure, I would like to see Average Joes climb up the rankings, but it's not important enough to implement rules like you mentioned. We prefer people that like to play and enjoy the game.

The one"problem" I've seen with bringing new players in though is that they lose interest in the game and quit. Having a large number of inactive is bad for a guild.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Some guilds have entry requirements in order to screen for the kind of members they want, more than for ranking.

For example, Pheonix has no minuimum ap or specific k/d requirement, but we do require characters to meet minimum stats before becoming members. This is to ensure that the people joining have an elite mindset, aren't just in the game to loiter and cause drama out of boredom, and have enough knowledge of the game to function as an individual. It also filters out (most) people who beg for money, gear, help with daily quests etc..

We decided ages ago that we no longer wanted to be a massive guild of 3000 that was full of inactives, spam invites and "plsssss hlp", where you couldn't ask for an elite party on guild chat because half the people still died in normal maps. We chose to restructure into a guild where you can call on any member for a party and know without hesitation that they are capable of running any elite without leeching or being dead half the time. A guild where everyone actually knows each other and is enthusiastic about reaching goals together.

The guild leaderboard provides us with goals to aim for as a team, but in our case it is not about reaching #1, it's about seeing our improvement week by week and becoming a better group of players overall. Some people prefer a smaller community rather than having guild chat sound like Kraag.

Just because a guild is top 5, 10, or 500 and has entry requirements does not mean the leaderboard is the reason. The top guild list has added immeasurable entertainment, excitement and drive to the community as a whole. Just because a few people are obsessed does not mean one can generalize about others.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I'm sorry about your sentiments topic creator but some people want to be the best and even if you don't want to be the best rules keep the guild in place and useful people on.

I ak not in EOS and have never been, but I agree with those rules. In my own guild I dislike when we have deadweight so we don't allow beggars, frown upon people who don't bother with leveling up or simply need help for EVERYTHING and in general are not there to help our rank or our small family.

We surely won't boot anybody for say not having 10k APs but we want people who will at least try and I can only imagine most top guilds are the same.

Heck 10k APs isn't even that hard. Some guilds require 14k,think about that one.

There are many guilds who don't care about ranks or levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

I was in EOS in lvl 31 cap and EOS was already no.1 on lb.
    They always respected me in PVP teams although i only had legendary gear at that time.

There are 6000 guilds in AL. There will be one for u too.

I love our guild HVH and the challenge to be on the lb.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

CaptnSharky lvl 41 - Schattenwolff lvl 21, Mein Motto: Have Fun!, unser Forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Lol, I agree with Pauly & Limsy! Find a guild that better suits your individual needs and don't be so irritated that you are no longer in our guild...I mean come on?! If you don't like the rules and requirements of a guild then find a guild that will appreciate whatever qualities you may possess but why complain that you don't meet the standards to belong to such elite guilds as EoS and DM in a forum thread? Kinda silly and not all that constructive . Shouldn't the forums be used for the enhancement of our AL community thru more positive advice instead of moans & groans all the time...and im not just referring to the simpering going on here by, deigo. Lately there has been a string of insulting threads that Delphy has had to close because of percieved injustices getting way too personal in public and too much negative energy going on in a virtual game meant for enjoyment and relaxation! Come on people...it is a cyber world so have some fun for a change!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Eos/Dm always had their own requirements even before guild rankings were introduced
    Keeping requirements doesnt make them pro or anythin..and lvl requirements r there because u wudnt like a low lvl player random inviting u askin u help in low lvl maps or asking u for gold/equipments or even worse is pming the gm to promote him ..i wont say high lvl ppl don do that..But it is very mch minimised..and if u say so..other guilds who dont care for ranks doesnt recruit any random player walking in town..as far as i know getting in those guilds..u need a recruiter who knows u well n can vouch u and if not u shud be a good player who could be trusted. And one last thing u should really check out our guild chat

Retired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Not are guilds are like this.

My guild does not advertise in chatbox about recruiting.. We let the players ask us for an invite and we simply evaluate their gameplay style. We are not greedy and we are certainly not desperate for new faces just to top the other guilds.

But we do have requirements for the guild, such as Lvl Cap, Paragon, DPS, etc. This is not because we only want the best players (It would be nice) but it is to weed out the players who are not dedicated or will simply be non-productive in the guild.

Does it seem like we are competitive? It sure looks like it. However, we seek hard-working players who will at the very least contribute to a fun, loving, and family-oriented atmosphere. Don't we all love receiving warm 'hellos' in guild chat?

We would love to be the Top Guild, but it is not our major priority. I, personally, would not actually prefer it since it will probably attract hordes of beggars, leechers, and other harmful players. Our guild is happy with where we currently stand.

Good luck finding your guild!
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post: