Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What are happening to the guilds now???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Post What are happening to the guilds now???

Hello people, I wanna share some things that's been bothering in my head right now...

Ok, so you all know about the leaderboards, right? Part of the leaderboards is the "Best Guilds" leaderboard. Now you all must be thinking "Well no **** Sherlock", but really, what's been happening to the guilds lately?

I've been a player for nearly 2 years, and with my experiences with the community, scams, and the awesome ways to die in PVP, you can pretty much say that I'm a "veteran". So because of my experience, you can guess that I've been through a lot of guilds in the process. I've experienced the rise of a guild, its prosperous days, the downfall, and finally the disbanding. But lately, I've been disturbed by the thought that, "What are happening to the guilds now?", and here's why I've been thinking about it.

It all started when I was in a guild called Epitome of Silentkill. You probably know this guild, the super-elite guild that merged for the first time, right? Well, I used to be in that guild. In fact, I was in the former guild, Silentkillz, before the guild merged with Epitome of Excellence. It was run by 2 nice leaders, and the guild was doing so well. In fact, more and more people started to come to this guild. But this "Happy State" all ended when the 2 leaders stopped playing, and was replaced (though I'm not gonna who). Then he started making a bunch of dumb and stupid rules like "Don't invite people until they are lv 20" or "Make sure the people you're recruiting have more than 5000 AP". Then he tweaked the rule that we are only allowed to recruit lv 25, all the way to the level cap, lv 26 (this was before the Nordr expansion). When the Nordr expansion came in, he made a rule that people should reach the level cap in a month, if not then you'll be kicked out. When people (including me) questioned this new rule, he explained that "It's the only way we can reach #1 in the leaderboards." Seriously??? That's the reason why you've been kicking these young recruits? Just to reach the #1 spot? I got pissed off, so I stopped playing for 5 months.

Fast forward to the January, I come back and just as expected, I'm kicked out. And I was like "Eh, its fine by me. They're just a bunch of tryhards who wanna reach the #1 spot". Looking at the leaderboards, I discovered that Epitome of Silentkill DID make it to the top, beating the Deviant Misfits which was a shame, because Deviant Misfits was for me a second choice if ever I got kicked out of Epitome of Silentkill. I searched everywhere for a recruiter for Deviant Misfits, and finally found him in the Shuyal Arena. I asked him if I could join The Deviant Misfits and explained that I was kicked out and didn't play for months, blah blah blah... He rejected me, because I wasn't in the level cap. I asked him "Why should I be in the level cap?" He simply said "For the leaderboards." WTF? Seriously??? You reject people who wanna be in the guild? People who actually have potential in them???

Ok, more fast-forwarding to the present. I find a recruiter of the Epitome of Silentkill. And I thought, "Hmm... y'know what, I'm gonna try to get back to the guild." So I ask him and explained that I used to be in the guild and I would like to be back. I was rejected. When I asked why, she said that "You have to get the title Paragon first" And how do you get this title? You simply have to reach 10,000 APs to get this title. Ok, this was the part where I went "WTFF???" Are the recruiters of these "top guilds" buying their way into the #1 spot? Are the guilds that are trying to be in the leaderboards trying to implement this rule, just to be #1??! Guilds back then used to be friendly and accept everyone who wanted to join. What's happening right now? Are the guild now trying to compete each other by implementing dumb rules, just to raise their total points?

As new guilds rise I'm getting worried about the system of handling guilds now. What will happen in the future? What's the whole point of reaching the #1 spot? Why are guilds so drawn into reaching the top? Why am I still asking questions? There has to be an explanation to all this!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diego1marcus For This Useful Post: