Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 50 in 19 days; my character's stats/skills/equips/build w/ screenshots- Android

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Level 50 in 19 days; my character's stats/skills/equips/build w/ screenshots- Android

On November 12, 2010 I started playing Pocket Legends on my HTC EVO 4G Android device, the day after it was released for Android users. On December 1st I made level 50. Check out the screenshots below.

A few explanations about my build:

11 intelligence because this gives you 1 mana regen rate before any bonuses with strength at 2 and dexterity at 7

4 strength because this gives you 1 health regen rate before any bonuses with intelligence at 11 and dexterity at 7

A few other notes; during my journies through AO1 I was fortunate to get 2 Sunblessed Bows of the Void. Some argue there is no way I got them in there, but it is true. One in Close Encounters and one in God of the Dunes. Unfortunately I do not remember what they dropped from. I don't recall either being from bosses though.

I obtained my Jacob's Helmet of the Void by selling one of the bows and purchasing the helmet in the auction house.

I haven't been lucky enough yet to obtain Wraith Armor of the Void. They are currently going for approx. 500k, something I cannot even come close to afford yet. I'm hoping to pick it up in a random drop, or by picking up a drop of another premium pink of equal value and trading or selling/buying.

I prefer to use Whipcord Leather of Fortune as oppose to Raptorhide because of the stat bonuses rather than the armor bonus.

With regards to my skill-set and on-screen skill tree, well.. it is very well thought out and it is what works for me and is very effective in my opinion. I am very specific about how I string my skill "spams" together. I'm not going to get into that though unless enough people become curious as to my method.

So anyway, all questions and comments are welcome. Let me know what you think. -Cheers!

P.S. Some of you other Android users may be curious as to how I obtained my screenshots. There is no built in feature for Android devices to instantly take screen shots. My phone is not rooted, so I do not use an app to get them. How I get them is quite an involved process. If enough people show enough interest I may describe how it is accomplished.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Are you sure some (very generous) players didn't give you the sunbless bows? Did you actuall see when They dropped? I know I've had items appear in my bag before, that didn't make sense at the time (like frozen items showing up in the swamps), but didn't catch the name of the person who gave it to me. It's easy to miss when someone gifts you an item during a game. That would also be a very generous gift. And two of them! But still a possibility. Sounds more likely to me than them dropping in ao2 (unless others have had this happen?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also started playing the second day it was released to android fell in love with this game, and I have a lvl 50 for about a week now, bear full rift (made cash by speculating at CS like in real life lol buying and selling, getting ~ 10-20k per a good transaction - i check prices regulary), the only drop I got was a screaming shield and a OL helm of void.
    Bossulica- lvl 50 bear!
    Cyberkill - lvl 50 pally!

love my android htc Desire!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Are you sure some (very generous) players didn't give you the sunbless bows? Did you actuall see when They dropped? I know I've had items appear in my bag before, that didn't make sense at the time (like frozen items showing up in the swamps), but didn't catch the name of the person who gave it to me. It's easy to miss when someone gifts you an item during a game. That would also be a very generous gift. And two of them! But still a possibility. Sounds more likely to me than them dropping in ao2 (unless others have had this happen?)
    I am being genuinely honest and am 100% possitive they were drops and not gifts. In fact on both occasions the party members I was travelling with offered to purchase them. If I'm not mistaken the one dropped in AO3 (I said AO1 in my original post, my apologies) Close Encounters was dropped by Lesser Djinn (middle of the map). The second one was dropped in the third map, and it also was by one of the mini-bosses.

Again this is not a fabricated story, I'm being completely honest. I have no reason or motive to lie. It is what it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well that changes everything. It's supposed to drop in ao3, so that's not so shocking. And the alien lorekeeper usually drops it, just a mini-boss, not a full-fledged boss. So if a lesser djinn dropped it in ao3, it's not so crazy (I don't even remember Close Encounters, haven't been back there since I cleared it the first time -- so don't even remember if there were Djinns or not).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats on 50, but why only 4 points in focus? That should be 5 right ? unless you have some theory you would like to share ?
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maneut View Post
    Congrats on 50, but why only 4 points in focus? That should be 5 right ? unless you have some theory you would like to share ?
    I have my reasons, this one I care not discuss.. though only because I'm sure no-one will share my point of few. But I'm going to explain anyway. In short though, I personally felt that point was worth more in Evasion rather than in Focus. During my own personal tests, I found Focus to be of little use as it stands right now. I only use Evasion when I get in a pinch (ie. overwhelmed by a mob). For the 20 sec that Focus lasts and the 60 sec cool-down, even if you activate it constantly, its only active a third of a time. That's why it didnt get the 5th point. It's a boss-only skill for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Why no meditate? Birds are lucky to be the one class with a mana-restoring skill! Didn't even want one point in there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got sunblessed bow and overlords helm without even trying just after hitting 50. That was nice. Now he's naked, sold items petrifying until next map.
    Last edited by Torrentula81; 12-02-2010 at 07:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

thorn wall is good for combos (like ice-storm), no need to give 5... better u give 5 to point focus for more crits, and some for meditation.. i neva buy mana pots with my bird..
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Lol "STANK!!!!!"
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Torrentula81 View Post
    I got sunblessed bow and overlords helm without even trying just after hitting 50. That was nice. Now he's naked, sold items petrifying until next map.
    I wasn't surprised about them dropping. He said they dropped in ao1, and that's what surprised me. But that was not the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why no meditate? Birds are lucky to be the one class with a mana-restoring skill! Didn't even want one point in there?
    I personally find Meditation and Restore to be completely worthless. For the 3 second and 5 second, respectively, restorative duration of these skills and the rediculously long cool-down periods, I feel the skill points are better spent elsewhere. Potions are a much more efficient and effective method for restoring health and mana. Even with Meditation and Restore both at level 5, you must still rely on potions regardless. A waste of skill points if you ask me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I agree Restore is a waste, but you should never need mana pots with Meditation. You only use it when you're low on mana, so the long cooldown doesn't really matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    Lol "STANK!!!!!"
    Lol yeah that would be my buddy Kyle. He thinks he's a funny guy. He kept messin with me while I was trying to get screenshots. PMing me, buffing my char while I wasn't paying attention so my stats would be incorrect, etc. I had to retake several of the screens (not a simple feat on Android devices). I let the stank remark slide. -smirks- He was being tenatious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree Restore is a waste, but you should never need mana pots with Meditation. You only use it when you're low on mana, so the long cooldown doesn't really matter.
    With my experience even when I had Meditation at lvl 5 I was using mana faster than I could regen it with that skill. I still had to fall back on pots. Perhaps I play a little more aggressively with skills than some others? I just couldn't make it work with my play-style so that I didn't need pots. -shrugs-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Sigh, I love your ping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Sigh, I love your ping.
    Lol I think that belongs in Balonia's off-topic thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Sigh, I love your ping.
    While playing at home I'm on Wi-Fi with my 12MB/s down 2MB/s up cable. It averages in the mid-100s. While on 3G I average more in the 200-400 range, still very playable. 4G is unavailable in my area (even though I pay for it). A 4G tower is going up this month though less than 5 miles away. That'll be nice. My Wi-Fi will still be much faster of course, but it'll be great to have 4G while not at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Lol I think that belongs in Balonia's off-topic thread
    I'll look for it, but I love his too. =/

Quote Originally Posted by raysinhell View Post
    While playing at home I'm on Wi-Fi with my 12MB/s down 2MB/s up cable. It averages in the mid-100s. While on 3G I average more in the 200-400 range, still very playable. 4G is unavailable in my area (even though I pay for it). A 4G tower is going up this month though less than 5 miles away. That'll be nice. My Wi-Fi will still be much faster of course, but it'll be great to have 4G while not at home.
    Yeah, I get 300-500 with wifi. And thats if I'm the sole user in this 4 person flat. 3G usually gets the same, but unstable at times.

I'm dreading going back home with the slower net -.-