Thread: Solution to over powered hybrids.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Solution to over powered hybrids.

I believe that we've all seen the effects of certain hybrids since the last update- namely str birds and pallies and ive come up with the perfect solution to encourage pures and still keep hybrids and very viable builds. The solution is that different types of gear have a certain percentage of there armour when used on a hybrid.

Str gear would have 100% of its armour on a bear, but only 75% on a bird or mage.

Dex gear would have 100% of its armour on a bear or avian, but only 75% on a mage.

Int gear would have 100% of its armour on every class.

If you think about it, by doing this, it would only nerf the hybrids that are over powered atm, while leaving pures and the weaker hybrids untouched. The idea makes sense as well, because it doesn't make sense for a tiny elf to be able to use heavy armour without a small penalty. Please sts, give it a test because i personaly cant see how it would fail. Cheers.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol that sounds highly enbalanced. Why does Mage get the low end in every scenario?

And this is all just for Pvp. Please leave pve out of this!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    And this is all just for Pvp. Please leave pve out of this!!!
    Considering I just started a Pally style hybrid and I only play PvE I agree. If they ever do something like this leave PvE out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

so. mage wand and eye would basically end up same as rift. epic.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

How are mages getting the low end of it? Str mages would be nerfed so that they're as strong a the rest of the classes, int mages just stay the same.
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why do dex mages get needed on this occasion..and omg that means my pally would have same armor as my pure Mage... Its just a pure Mage at long range... Thats good..
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

perhaps 75% is too much, but try to comment more on the idea - not the specifics. The numbers I gave were just there to give an idea of what I'm talking about. I agree, dex mages shouldn't be touched.
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobane View Post
    perhaps 75% is too much, but try to comment more on the idea - not the specifics. The numbers I gave were just there to give an idea of what I'm talking about. I agree, dex mages shouldn't be touched.
    And yet, you suggested dex mages get less armor than bears or birds. Why single out mages?
    I don't think pallies are overpowered in pve. Can't comment on Pvp. But in pve, you do sacrifice some power, mana and ms for your extra survivability. It's not like pallies are nuke mages with better armor. The armor does come at a price. Just like any hybrid.

If anything, give bears a bit more something to do so they're not so useless anymore, and give birds back their dodge so they have some way to defend themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe that we've all seen the effects of certain hybrids since the last update- namely str birds and pallies and ive come up with the perfect solution to encourage pures and still keep hybrids and very viable builds. The solution is that different types of gear have a certain percentage of there armour when used on a hybrid.
    This will not happen. Devs already said they aren't going to ever punish hybrids for being hybrids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogediah View Post
    This will not happen. Devs already said they aren't going to ever punish hybrids for being hybrids.
    Punishing is different than balancing. The Devs also have said that pures should be better at what they do that hybrids. (mages: nuking, archers: KO-ing, bears- tanking) hybrids usually have more armor than that class, so the Devs rebalance and lower their skill damage based on the community's input.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    Punishing is different than balancing. The Devs also have said that pures should be better at what they do that hybrids. (mages: nuking, archers: KO-ing, bears- tanking) hybrids usually have more armor than that class, so the Devs rebalance and lower their skill damage based on the community's input.
    That is a retarded concept. If a character is only going to be best by investing all of the skill point into one category, then we shouldn't even have the choice to invest them in different areas.
    No **** they have more armor, but they have less of something else. Mages got a boost for several AOE attacks, but they also lost a lot of armor. Mages cant go running into rooms nuking things without a tank or they are going to die. Pallies have to be face to face with there targets doing much less hand to hand damage. Standard Mages can run around at a distance doing much high DPS at a safer distance. Birds make defeating bosses much faster and easier, but they can't hardly do it without a tank. tanks can't kill anything in a timely manner without either a bird or a tank.
    It will be interesting to see what skill set humans bring to the table.

You wanna talk about PvP balance? If you want everything complete balance, then everyone would have to be nerfed to the exact same power, speed, distance, etc. That's not the point. I'm not a big fan of PvP in this game to begin with though. It is shallow and pointless. I carries zero integration with the game, requires virtually no tact or skill, and has almost no purpose. I'm not hear to rant about that though.

I think the current system is at a great balance (PvE). That is coming from someone that is pushing 7 active characters, and been playing this game since version 1.0.
    Last edited by Ogediah; 12-04-2010 at 05:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Or, better yet, accept the fact that any MMO with the ability to customize your character will be unbalanced in some fashion. Nature of the beast. Can't be fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Errosion View Post
    Or, better yet, accept the fact that any MMO with the ability to customize your character will be unbalanced in some fashion. Nature of the beast. Can't be fixed.
    Ditto. Just let it go, it will get fixed. Eventually
    File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by addiekai View Post
    Ditto. Just let it go, it will get fixed. Eventually
    Yup yup. Small tweaks are the way to go. Overtweaking is no way to ever fix a game. All that tweaking will eventually get screwed up once additional content enters the game though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

How about this then, Archers evasion gives them 50% dodge again, mages mana sheid is affected by their int alot more and either evasion or iron blood or warriors is buffed up a bit?
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

How about this then, Archers evasion gives them 50% dodge again, mages mana sheid is affected by their int alot more and either evasion or iron blood or warriors is buffed up a bit?
    Hybrids will still love mana sheild even if they don't have 100% int. A pally with a not fully compatible mana sheild will still be more powerful than any bear.

Archers need more dodge in general. Even if it gave 50% its still really low all around.

Bears sadly really are not good at PVP. There are some successful players in PVP with bears but all around if you want to pvp, don't use a bear, if you want to story, use a bear.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Just make pures more powerful then. If they rebalance hybrids then they are punishing players. Because if they weaken hybrids then they will be forced to respec to be effective (costing platinum...). If you increase pures then they won't be forced to respec but they will think about it considering pures have more attraction.