Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting the items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Getting the items

Sorry if i sound rude. But can the developer make the game more fair as in who get the rare items more fairly? In many times, where i use lots of potions and fight so hard and some guy just came and run all the way to boss and got the rare pinks without even hitting a touch on boss.

Its so freaking angry and that person keeps laughing. Its luck i know but its a bit sad and irritating. Please improve this or if possible, can the developer makes the items given back to the person who fought so hard? I have keep track of the name of the person who got the pink. Feel so sad. =(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This would cause too much strife. As it is, people come up with their own crazy ideas on how to increase their luck, sometimes treating others badly in order to fit their crazy scenarios. I think it needs to remain all about luck to keep people from trying to sabotage each other during boss fights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Yeah, i believe it wont happen too. But just to stress out the unfairly players who got nothing without fighting. If this happen, good players normally gives the items back but if its those sunblessed sword, who could want to give the items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Life's not fair
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Theres nothing more unfair then farming Vyxnaar for weeks and then the lvl 12 leecher joins and gets a Vyxnaar helm first boss and quits. Its enough to make you litterally throw your ipod/ipad/iphone/droid/or any other Verizon phone with the droid app store...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Perhaps players should not be able to recieve any loot without at least attacking to boss once. That way you have to be in the fight to recieve any good loot. I suggest this only occurs with boss's so you don't get mages dying all the time because the were aoeing to make sure they got loot.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

The problem with anything that has to do with rares and drop rates is the economy. We have all seen how easy it is to make it crash or go wild. But we definitely need to fix the whole join get a drop and leave while the guy farming the map for 100 runs is about to strangle his grandmother in rage. So I suggest keeping most how it is and only make simple changes. Make it so leachers cannot get drops over green. High level players should not be able to get common pink items *but still rares* in low level dungeons. This would eliminate the excessive volumes of lower level pinks slowly restoring the economy. Rares would not be effected thus not hurting the economy. Also you must be in a game for a certain amount of time in order to even be able to get a good drop. I don't like the idea of drops based on effort, it would be abused soo bad. Boss Kill Systems would crush the economy and drops based on kills would definitely kill the economy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I agree, been hunting vyxnaar for three days now (no vyx helm yet),and I wish to god I could boot people. Right now, the only way to get rid of Leechers (especially those who have already proven untrustworthy), is to stop doing anything until they leave.
    I've tried doing the whole "you can leech if we get your pinks" thing and more often than not it bites me in the ***. So much so that I really don't want to play anymore unless I'm alone with only trustworthy friends.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

LOL blindsiding noobs in vyxnaar is impossible now. Since the CS came out if anyone gets a vyxnaar helm that doesnt know about it goes "hmm.. lets go CS and check price." before the CS if a noob got a vyxnaar helm they would go "whats this worth" then i would immediately say "10k I'll buy it for 15k though."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well one lvl 50 I was playing with underhandedly bought the vyx helm from one of the low Lvls for 15k, while I was trying to talk him into holding to his side of the bargain.

Another one got an Elven helm (worth 50k), Poofed immediately. So we assumed he was gone, we'd never see the helm. He came back a short while later, claiming to have been disconnected. Then after calling him on it, he gave my friend a completely different pink! So I'm guessing he popped out to check the price in the consignment shop and realized its worth, so decided to try and pull a fast one on us. And later he tried to join another game of mine, so I asked him to leave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

its all luck. get over it
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    its all luck. get over it
    lol there is luck and there is karma kicking you in the ***.

I don't think set after set AFTER ANNOYING SET of low levels getting the rares your hunting has anything to do with luck. Because if that many people are that lucky then your obviously gotta be a runner up soon but noooo never happens .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

well, from my long tenured experiences, i have had my fair share of wins, and i have seen the powerhorse get the items. it is totally up to luck, based upon investigations with devs and testings, and thus i find no reason to complain when a noob gets an item. if you dont like it, boot the noob or join a new game. thats what asommers taught me.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Can't boot in vyxnaar's lair, and it's pretty hard to create a new game (and keep people out). If only leeches would keep their word, but I guess that rarely happens.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Can't boot in vyxnaar's lair, and it's pretty hard to create a new game (and keep people out). If only leeches would keep their word, but I guess that rarely happens.
    Only thing I have against the leach getting the drop is that its my butt doing the work and its my butt paying the cost in potions while he gets a free ride.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Only thing I have against the leach getting the drop is that its my butt doing the work and its my butt paying the cost in potions while he gets a free ride.
    Exactly. The only reason I'm there at all is for the extremely rare pink that drops. He's there for experience. We can have a symbiotic relationship if he'd just keep his end of the bargain. That way his being there would give me an extra chance at getting the loot, while he still gets what he came for. But from my experience so far, a trustworthy leech is as rare as a vyxnaar helm.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Exactly. The only reason I'm there at all is for the extremely rare pink that drops. He's there for experience. We can have a symbiotic relationship if he'd just keep his end of the bargain. That way his being there would give me an extra chance at getting the loot, while he still gets what he came for. But from my experience so far, a trustworthy leech is as rare as a vyxnaar helm.
    try a trustworthy leach is as rare as a Droid deciding to sell his outfit too the NPC...

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Let the leech die on vyx. Then kite vyx out of dead leeches area and kill. Vyx has no leash, so you can kite him anywhere in the area.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Soooo counter productive though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    try a trustworthy leach is as rare as a Droid deciding to sell his outfit too the NPC...
    Hmm considering all the newbs who got the droid skin, this doesn't sound all too unlikely to me.