Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP tiers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default PvP tiers

So earlier I posted a suggestion that there should be prestige xp for pvp maps so I further developed that idea to create the tier system.

Idea:
    One kill in pvp = 1 Pxp (prestige xp)

There are 3 tiers which are unlocked after a certain amount of pxp. Novice, Experienced and Legend. After 1000 pxp you are a novice. After 5000 pxp you are experienced. After 10000 pxp you are Legend. Players will have to gain those pxp, existing kills don't count. Maybe lower the requirements for warriors as they are more tanky?

Players are put into pvp maps with their tiers, so a novice can only play with other novices. Pvp tournaments, contests etc can be sorted tier wise.

Benefits:
    - More competition for the pros
    - Incentive to kill, less free flagging
    - Play with equal opponents
    - Less kill farmers as they will have to pxp level dummies once they reach next tier
    - Better for twinks as they can face other twinks
    - Better for endgame pvp kills LB as twinks can't farm the ungeared newbies

Update later. Feedback?

~ Bless
    Last edited by Bless; 02-19-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    Credits to Iady

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Less free flagging? Well the flaggers won't bother to kill so they will be put with all the "unexperienced players" which will most likely be weak.

The only benefit to this Is that kill farmers will have to make the dummies equivalent to them, so will reduce amount of kills they get...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Sounds like one of the good ideas about PvP balancing that could actually help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat:1482316
    Less free flagging? Well the flaggers won't bother to kill so they will be put with all the "unexperienced players" which will most likely be weak.

The only benefit to this Is that kill farmers will have to make the dummies equivalent to them, so will reduce amount of kills they get...
    If they dont want to kill, thats their loss. Of course, at the top tier, people will want to kill a lot.

And you are correct, kill farmers will decline because once they reach another tier, they have to pxp level their dummies, which will make it extremely agonising for them to continue kill farming.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

(+1)^(1/0)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hiosahaf For This Useful Post:

Junior Member CrimsonBloodEmpire's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I think, it's a great idea, but there is a high risk of a kind of situations when a player makes a succession of lucky kills, his pxp raises a lot and then he gets harder opponents he can't fight cuz in fact, he isn't skilled enough for that pxp level. In the other hand, if pxp will be losable, high-tier players will drop their pxp to 0 and farm noobs there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    I think, it's a great idea, but there is a high risk of a kind of situations when a player makes a succession of lucky kills, his pxp raises a lot and then he gets harder opponents he can't fight cuz in fact, he isn't skilled enough for that pxp level. In the other hand, if pxp will be losable, high-tier players will drop their pxp to 0 and farm noobs there...
    Why would someone want more deaths? And even if they farm, it can't last long as they'll lvl up soon. It's a great idea and a few rewards (like 100 pxp, one egg. Just like story tokens) would be a fabulous incentive to attract people back to PvP from monotonous farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

nah, I prefer it the way it is as I prefer a challenge. Novices could just be noobs that play pvp and have like 10000+ deaths and only 1000 kills. I like to get easy kills and hard as well as people as good as myself. That's just making it less fun in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BloodxBite View Post
    nah, I prefer it the way it is as I prefer a challenge. Novices could just be noobs that play pvp and have like 10000+ deaths and only 1000 kills. I like to get easy kills and hard as well as people as good as myself. That's just making it less fun in my opinion.
    This will solve kill farming. Plus, I'm ready to be in an arena with 1 or 2 nubs occasionally. Don't think there would he many players with the kdr you mentioned. Valid point, but won't be that significant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Solid

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Solid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    Why would someone want more deaths? And even if they farm, it can't last long as they'll lvl up soon. It's a great idea and a few rewards (like 100 pxp, one egg. Just like story tokens) would be a fabulous incentive to attract people back to PvP from monotonous farming

If these deaths give them access to free kills, then they will do it. If their pxp raises, they drop it again. It's an endless cycle. Low pxp farmers will get much more kills than high pxp ones. They will fill the leaderboard (there is no death leaderboard, right?). Even if they will have to die a lot, they will do it, and have the same kdr, as Onade, but multiplied by 10, for example. If you want to farm kills with dummy, you drop to 0 pxp and get access to it. You can give up from a dummy and farm noobs, they are practically the same. I don't mind this idea so much, but it doesn't solve kill farming problem in it's current state...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

This would work well in a dueling arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

If these deaths give them access to free kills, then they will do it. If their pxp raises, they drop it again. It's an endless cycle. Low pxp farmers will get much more kills than high pxp ones. They will fill the leaderboard (there is no death leaderboard, right?). Even if they will have to die a lot, they will do it, and have the same kdr, as Onade, but multiplied by 10, for example. If you want to farm kills with dummy, you drop to 0 pxp and get access to it. You can give up from a dummy and farm noobs, they are practically the same. I don't mind this idea so much, but it doesn't solve kill farming problem in it's current state...
    Pxp can only be gained. One kill = 1 pxp. Its exactly like the pve system, except for pvp. Pxp cannot be decreased/lost
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

woot woot awesome idea I hope it will be done.Nice thinking miraclebird

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Socrates For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Pxp can only be gained. One kill = 1 pxp. Its exactly like the pve system, except for pvp. Pxp cannot be decreased/lost
    Ok, then bad player will co-op with his friend, kill him, then get killed by friend. Both will get equal number of pxp, so they will always be matchmaked in the same room. Also, they will get precious kills and their kd ratio will always equal to 1 (which is not bad)... Mutual profit!

In my opinion, kill farmers can't be stopped by some matchmaking formulas, cuz every matchmaking system has it's own weak points and can be abused. Kill farmers should be stopped by other people who are trusted by STS mods and devs and can punish kill farmers with unability to enter PvP for a certain period of time. It's a very primitive solution, but it's the best we can have.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I'm half and half hehe good idea

What if I want to 1v1 a friend who does not pvp much, or is this a separate room from ctf and tdm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat View Post
    I'm half and half hehe good idea

What if I want to 1v1 a friend who does not pvp much, or is this a separate room from ctf and tdm?
    You just co-op with another player, enter the same room, kill him, then he kills you, then you kill him, then he kills you, repeat endlessly. This can deceive pxp system and also can be used for a current PvP system, because it gives a mutual profit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Ok, then bad player will co-op with his friend, kill him, then get killed by friend. Both will get equal number of pxp, so they will always be matchmaked in the same room. Also, they will get precious kills and their kd ratio will always equal to 1 (which is not bad)... Mutual profit!

In my opinion, kill farmers can't be stopped by some matchmaking formulas, cuz every matchmaking system has it's own weak points and can be abused. Kill farmers should be stopped by other people who are trusted by STS mods and devs and can punish kill farmers with unability to enter PvP for a certain period of time. It's a very primitive solution, but it's the best we can have.
    I don't think anybody, not even kill farmers use their friends as dummies...I do not think this Mutual profit will occur as kills even today are precious and I have not seen - in my 13 months of pvping - anyone farming friends to get kills. It just cuts the fun away and it is too time-consuming. I agree with you, kill farmers (on a big scale) should be punished but that is a different matter.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Also, I was thinking this idea would be useful for TDM and maybe CTF too but mainly tdm because the goal there is to solely kill players.
    Credits to Iady