Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding the Current Arcane Legends Skill System

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Default Regarding the Current Arcane Legends Skill System

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sorcerer.jpg 
Views:	12469 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	64735

Hi Legends!

The Dragon Enclave expansion is just around the corner, planned for launch in mid-March. With that in mind, we want to take a moment to talk to you all about the current Skill system in Arcane Legends and the future plans for it.

When the Dragon Enclave expansion launches, you will be able to level up to 41. At level 41 you will have an abundance of skill points. Enough to spend on the active and passive skill trees and for the most part max out your character. This is pretty cool! Your character will be max’d out! On the other hand, it isn’t as interesting as when you need to make choices that define your character.

We are very aware of this shortcoming with the current skill system. We are hard at work developing a fun evolution to skills in Arcane Legends. Our plan is to allow for future growth, add interest and also address other shortcomings of the current skill system. We want to create a more interesting and strategic experience, allow for greater diversity in character builds, and also resolve issues inherent to the old system that players were experiencing in game.

This won’t happen overnight though. The skill system defines your characters and we respect that. We want to take the time to get it right.

The game is evolving and so too must the systems inside it. We expect to release more details about these exciting changes over the coming months.
    Last edited by Remiem; 02-26-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Looks interesting, maybe a new skill? (1st)
    Last edited by Osabevie; 02-26-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: idk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

How about creating a 5th skill slot and reducing mana costs so it doesn't cripple rogues?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

5. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    How about creating a 5th skill slot and reducing mana costs so it doesn't cripple rogues?
    Yes, 5 skills please. Zeus, take some of my mage's mana, I got too much mana there *hint hint*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

This!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

agreed!!!! 5 skill slot pliss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I agree about the mana cripple zeus. I use my skills constantly and it takes so many pots to keep my mana pool full. I think I have around 1100 or 1200 mana on my lvl 24 rouge and it goes sooo fast. STS should definitely consider the mana costs. And the 5th slot is genious. We think alike. I think they should also add a power skill. A choice of like 3 that is ultra powerful (Not counting the 5th slot, maybe it's own button like the pets). But also they should add a couple more dagger skills cause the one gets boring after awhile. And maybe even a frost shot. Or a quick shot (where it shoots 3 or 4 in a row real fast).

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kayle.barton kayle.barton View Post
    I agree about the mana cripple zeus. I use my skills constantly and it takes so many pots to keep my mana pool full. I think I have around 1100 or 1200 mana on my lvl 24 rouge and it goes sooo fast. STS should definitely consider the mana costs. And the 5th slot is genious. We think alike. I think they should also add a power skill. A choice of like 3 that is ultra powerful (Not counting the 5th slot, maybe it's own button like the pets). But also they should add a couple more dagger skills cause the one gets boring after awhile. And maybe even a frost shot. Or a quick shot (where it shoots 3 or 4 in a row real fast).
    While I don't like the idea of a 5th slot for our current skills I do like the thought of a Single "Power Skill" that is on a different level than our current skills. If STS could add legitimate pros/cons to 3 skills for each class this could diversify the classes nicely. The drawback would be to have 1 skill that trumps the rest, especially in pvp. If that were the case we are back to all being the same again as everyone will have the same Power Skill.

Currently every class seems to have at least one h2h skill. For Rouges it is Aimed Shot, I don't know a single Rouge that doesn't have AS. I wish the skills were more balanced and thought provoking. Right now there is no "con" for Aimed Shot... One the other had there are some skills that are very rarely used, don't know if I know of any Rouges using Shadow Storm Shot...

I don't really know what the skills would look like but for a Rouge they might be "Super Crit", "Super Dodge", or "Super Speed". Each would add significantly to one stat. A Super Crit rouge could crit with ease but a Super Dodge could make it hard to hit, somewhat negating Super Crit... Super Speed would have to be something that increased a characters max speed. Current speed boost is maxed at 25%, maybe Super Speed increases that max to 35%.

Might be stupid ideas just throwing darts to see where they will land...

-Thrindal <Immaculate>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Support

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Lol always in it for the rogues, nice zeus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

you have a point :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool the evolution of skills sounds promising! I look forward to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1494548
    if making 5 skills, reduce skill cost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

new skills mean that we need more skill slots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

My only thing is... I'm worried you guys are changing too much too fast. Its going to overwhelm a lot of players. I saw something similar happen during the Humania release in Pocket Legends. For me, all the different turnstile and elite gear etc etc really turned me (and a lot of others) off. I'm all for new stuff. Just not all at once.

That's just my opinion though.

On the surface, I love this idea. But combined with the new arcane shard stuff and the new itemization... its a LOT.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    My only thing is... I'm worried you guys are changing too much too fast. Its going to overwhelm a lot of players. I saw something similar happen during the Humania release in Pocket Legends. For me, all the different turnstile and elite gear etc etc really turned me (and a lot of others) off. I'm all for new stuff. Just not all at once.

That's just my opinion though.

On the surface, I love this idea. But combined with the new arcane shard stuff and the new itemization... its a LOT.
    I have to agree that AL is can be very confusing and overwhelming with complicity to new players, or a returning player like me. I really like the way PL was organized in the sense of skills, map, etc. I know that if it was an exact copy of the interface it wouldn't be good but I was thinking of some system closer to PL where you can choose what games you want to join easily, and more skill slots, like said before me I think a 5th skill slot would be great. And overall something... better, it's hard to explain and it may just be that I need to get used to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Thanks for the information remeim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Nice new skills new gaming style

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I would be really thankful if someone from the team could tell me if its useless to have skill points in passive damage, if im using for example pets with % to damage.
    Couse after latest update its showing in my avatar display that i get only bonus from pet
    For example i get 15% from abbadon and not 5% from my damage passive skill, and after i remove the pet i get my 5% from passive damage skill.
    i tested this with pet which gives only % to damage (mysty), i summoned it and then resummoned and compared damages after and before summon. and it seems like i get 5% extra dmg without pet (which you get if you have maxed out passive damage skill) and only 10% extra damage with misty (not 15%, 10% from misty and 5% from passive skill).
    so pls help i dont know should i respec or not, im low on plat... I had big break in game and not yet addicted enough to buy plats again so...

Also wanna know will movement speed stack, so is it pointless to put 5% to move/speed passive if i always use lets say slag and abbadon pets?

so to summerise my questions to be more direct:
    1. do damage % from passive skill and pet stack? (example, do i get 20% damage boost with 5% passive skill and abbadons 15%, or only 15% from abby).
    2. do speed % stack? (example, do i get 15% speed with slags 10% and 5% speed passive skill, or only slags 10%).
    Last edited by Azemeazed; 06-04-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

I agree it must be a lot of work for you guys to be done with, however I'm happy with how things are