Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding the Current Arcane Legends Skill System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

All are sounds good for me but we need to remember the balance of each class. If I am the one who will decide I prepare to add more levels on passiveI instead of skills. From 5 to make it upto 10.
    Ign: Cooletzzz (AL & AB)
    “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cooletzzz View Post
    All are sounds good for me but we need to remember the balance of each class. If I am the one who will decide I prepare to add more levels on passiveI instead of skills. From 5 to make it upto 10.
    This will make the endgame not balanced and the passive is a waste of skill points.
    So, it should be no.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Xeusx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Nice new skills new gaming style

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I would like to have a button on top of pet ability button that could change your skill set. Skill set shud be usable when in PVE or PVP. This would be a great advantage when we have to change skills in tough situation.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

When will you guys give is update regarding this new skills system?

its been 2 months now... please give us updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    Dear STG,

Can we please get any updates regarding this? Teasers? Info? It's been long enough since cap had been released. Its annoying when I get my hopes up and then have to wait a month before it is even announced.

Thanks
    This.
    Credits to Iady

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Guys, be patient. PL has not had a new cap nor new content in 1 and a half years or more.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Reunegade For This Useful Post:

Jig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

theres a quick set arrangment for the gear and equipments, why do we make quick settings for the skills at the same time with pet skill : just a suggestions...
    Ign: Cooletzzz (AL & AB)
    “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Increase another passive skills?
    Such as dodge? X_X

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I would like to see the current passives work correctly before adding new lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    Guys, be patient. PL has not had a new cap nor new content in 1 and a half years or more.
    +1 to that buddy haha
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    How about the addition of a single slot arcane ability for your toon? Something with a relatively long cooldown, but which has benefits surpassing the arcane abilities of our pets.

Like the skill system, this would be upgradeable, and players would have to choose which arcane ability to spec, and sacrifice points that would otherwise go into skills or passives.

I'm thinking of arcane abilities which could either shore up weakness of the class (i.e., mana replenishment for Rogues, Armor/Shielding for Sorcs, DMG for Warriors), or, for offensive builds, devastating attacks, which can be chained/comboed with other players/classes.

One of the greatest features of PL was the individual combos and multi-class combos. They really added a wonderful element to the game, and I would love to see it carried forward to AL.

Love this idea. I really liked pl combos and cross class combos. Wouldnt have to add new skills just how they react to each other. Ex. Freeze and shadow storm shot are prob lesser used skills. U could make it a class combo that drops a rune buffing allies with +10 attack. Of course its just an idea im sure u guys will come up with something Arcane.lol! "Cuz thats better than epic."
    Last edited by DMminion; 05-22-2014 at 04:03 AM.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

How about the addition of a single slot arcane ability for your toon? Something with a relatively long cooldown, but which has benefits surpassing the arcane abilities of our pets.

Like the skill system, this would be upgradeable, and players would have to choose which arcane ability to spec, and sacrifice points that would otherwise go into skills or passives.

I'm thinking of arcane abilities which could either shore up weakness of the class (i.e., mana replenishment for Rogues, Armor/Shielding for Sorcs, DMG for Warriors), or, for offensive builds, devastating attacks, which can be chained/comboed with other players/classes.

One of the greatest features of PL was the individual combos and multi-class combos. They really added a wonderful element to the game, and I would love to see it carried forward to AL.
    IMO if they do implement arcane abilities there can be only one type for each class - mages get a shield, rogues a mana boost and warriors a damage boost which isn't too large - maulers (and magma claymores) hit too hard already. Why? Because I'm sure none of us want an arcane ring rogue who combos tanks to get an arcane ability that lets it one hit tanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I would love to to see combos in AL. I think it creates a wonderful collaboration while in elite parties or group PvP that this game desperately needs. The arcane abilities is a decent idea - but too similar to pet abilities and would be very tedious for STS to balance in PvP I think.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Skill combos are rather restricting, IMO. There will be a few combos that will no doubt be the most desireable to preform and thus force end game players to spec according. The current system offers a lot of variation and adaptation via the skill upgrades.

More skills unlockable at higher levels and maybe additional upgrades for each skill is the only addition I would truly endorse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

they should make multiple combos, but each would require a combination of all 3 classes to participate. That would help encourage a mix of classes in pvp and pve, rather than seeing the best timed runs by a party of all rogues and the best pvp team all warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Skill combos have been in the top of my "things I'd like to see implemented" list for ages; challenging and fun to perform as we saw in previous Legends titles. It'd make the game far more interesting than the usual skill-spam mess with the occassional charging. Looking forward to the day my suggestion will see the light of day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Skill combos are rather restricting, IMO. There will be a few combos that will no doubt be the most desireable to preform and thus force end game players to spec according. The current system offers a lot of variation and adaptation via the skill upgrades.

More skills unlockable at higher levels and maybe additional upgrades for each skill is the only addition I would truly endorse.
    Not necessarily. Pocket Legends has a great combo system, and like all of the Legends titles, STS can simply improve and expand on the mechanics. Again, the primary benefit of combos is to have people pay attention and work together (the combos can sometimes be difficult to set off if party members are slacking or not paying attention). I think this will improve PUGs, elites, and PvP game play a good amount. There are pros and cons, like everything.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I would be really thankful if someone from the team could tell me if its useless to have skill points in passive damage, if im using for example pets with % to damage.
    Couse after latest update its showing in my avatar display that i get only bonus from pet
    For example i get 15% from abbadon and not 5% from my damage passive skill, and after i remove the pet i get my 5% from passive damage skill.
    i tested this with pet which gives only % to damage (mysty), i summoned it and then resummoned and compared damages after and before summon. and it seems like i get 5% extra dmg without pet (which you get if you have maxed out passive damage skill) and only 10% extra damage with misty (not 15%, 10% from misty and 5% from passive skill).
    so pls help i dont know should i respec or not, im low on plat... I had big break in game and not yet addicted enough to buy plats again so...

Also wanna know will movement speed stack, so is it pointless to put 5% to move/speed passive if i always use lets say slag and abbadon pets?

so to summerise my questions to be more direct:
    1. do damage % from passive skill and pet stack? (example, do i get 20% damage boost with 5% passive skill and abbadons 15%, or only 15% from abby).
    2. do speed % stack? (example, do i get 15% speed with slags 10% and 5% speed passive skill, or only slags 10%).
    Last edited by Azemeazed; 06-04-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yeah i like a lot of these ideas, but howabout making a whole new section where we require skill points to upgrade this "character arcane ability" and it can go down different paths depending on what we want.. E.g mage has the option of a temporary shield, a heal (not necessarily mana but maybe some other benefit, or maybe even a OP attack such as a giant tidal wave (poor example) that does something specific to the classʹ strengths such as a stun? But i also think that these would need to be upgradable like normal skills and the boost of the benefits increased like normal skills idk just an idea that wouldn't make the class unbalance make mages any more squishy
    Last edited by freakoutt; 06-13-2014 at 03:14 PM.