Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding the Current Arcane Legends Skill System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy View Post
    I think an arcane ability could breathe some much-needed life into endgame pve/pvp.

Let's explore some possibilities and potential mechanics.

First, you could create a new skill slot right above pet's arcane ability, which only becomes available after L36. This slot would only be filled by arcane/power-up/morph/awakening/whatever abilities.

Maybe 3 arcane abilities to choose from? I think that's a good number.

You could create a limit as to how many points one can drop into these 3 new skills. 5 is balanced. It would allow a decent level of customization too (all 5 in 1 ability, or split between 2-3 abilities for a jack-of-all-trades setup).

You'd have to make sure that the arcane ability has a long cooldown (like 40-60 seconds), and you'd definitely want to have an internal debuff to prevent arcane skill swapping for multiple buffs at once. Sort of like the new Scorch shield debuff thing you lot came up with (which works great by the way).

Also, don't make the abilities consume mana. That's essential.

Here are some preliminary ideas for each class, (not really keeping balance or game-breakingness in mind, just thinking of cool stuff). These would be base abilities and subject to interesting upgrades.

Mage:

Deluge - A torrent of raging water crashes through a wide AoE zone for a tremendous amount of damage.

Wellspring - At the cost of a mage's ability to attack, restores large amounts of health over time to all allies in a wide AoE zone.

Smurf-Hammer (lol jk) - Triples the damage of the mage's next 3 attacks.

Rogue:

Shadow-step - Slink into the shadows, becoming immune to damage for a short period (maybe 5 seconds). Restores 10% mana and health every second. Effect breaks if Rogue uses a skill/attacks.

Strangulate - Appear behind the nearest enemy and strangle them. Does a large amount of damage over time. Neither rogue nor target can attack/move during this period (kind of like a sacrificial stun... maybe for 4 seconds?).

Flying Daggers - Every second, the rogue throws a spray of poisoned daggers, hitting all enemies in a forward cone (5 seconds maybe). Each hit applies a strong, stacking poison.

Warrior:

Berserk - At the loss of 50% max health, a warrior's damage is doubled and all attacks stun (maybe 5 seconds).

Fear - Causes up to 3 targets to panic (maybe 4 second duration).

Graviton - Pull all enemies in a 5 meter range toward you. Applies a buff that allows all attacks to taunt (10 second duration maybe).

berserk is double damage and HP but -50% defense / armor
    instead of fear try use provoke - taunt enemy and force attack the users / also -50 armor to the enemy that under the provoke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice..

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Love this, gonna respec again if the new skills are good! xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

At some point, just make balance pvp so each class can kill another class by fair play and in duel mode ^^
    Can't wait to cap lvl 41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

@Ami and Sam

IMHO i see 3 solutions that are scaled in complexity:
    1. most complexed:
    Would be creating totally new skills. This would be awesome but it also means you will have to work on animations too.
    2. Adding new appetible upgrades.
    3. Adding 5th sloth: This will clear the matter of the 5th skill exploit in pvp but will make build very similar to one another.

Personally i would go for the 2nd solution because it will:
    A. Prevent every skill to be when dragon enclave kicks in.
    B. Allow more complexity and differentiation of builds between toons from the same class.

A idea could be implementing some new skills called dragon skills or something rendtail related then make the upgrades or skills available after a player succeeds in killing rendtail or accessing his dungeon and also recap at LV41.

I thought of something very similar weeks ago and sketched something on paper to show the animation...

the figures are badly drawn and someone tried to pull some trolls on me but if you care to look at my idea please CLICK HERE
    Last edited by Anarchist; 02-27-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

It would be awesome if Rogues had a set amount of 'mana' that wouldn't be changed from items, but this would come with a set regen rate of like 10 m/s with 200 mana total. Landing crits would return half the cost of the abilities and abilities would have a decent cost (40 mana for AS, 20 mana for SP, 80 mana for health, etc).

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy View Post
    Rogue:

Shadow-step - Slink into the shadows, becoming immune to damage for a short period (maybe 5 seconds). Restores 10% mana and health every second. Effect breaks if Rogue uses a skill/attacks.

Strangulate - Appear behind the nearest enemy and strangle them. Does a large amount of damage over time. Neither rogue nor target can attack/move during this period (kind of like a sacrificial stun... maybe for 4 seconds?).

Flying Daggers - Every second, the rogue throws a spray of poisoned daggers, hitting all enemies in a forward cone (5 seconds maybe).
    Katarina too OP

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lightbulb find way to remove PvE and PvP dependence...

A new arcane pet called "Replicator" - It would create copies of your own character (increasing number as it goes up in level) that would fight with you on your behalf and confuse opponents... at times your character would split or divide into three and for short time your attack/defense would be increased. The arcane ability could be temporarily more copies would appear and change size larger then go back to normal during cooldown.

Also as has been said before adding a 5th skill will introduce some major unbalancing between classes. Warriors will be almost OP and it would nerf rogues unless they can also now create mana... in pvp this would be a big deal more than pve.

As I said before if you could separate pve and pvp skills being dependent on each other somehow this would make the whole balancing act unnecessary any longer. PVE could be better without worrying about how it would effect pvp as a consequence and vice versa. So then the big question becomes...

How could we separate PvE and PvP skills???
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    A new arcane pet called "Replicator" - It would create copies of your own character (increasing number as it goes up in level) that would fight with you on your behalf and confuse opponents... at times your character would split or divide into three and for short time your attack/defense would be increased. The arcane ability could be temporarily more copies would appear and change size larger then go back to normal during cooldown
    That would be a cool pet o.o
    .. When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, and leave the world wondering how you did it..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewzee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Yay more skills and passives!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Does this means all existed skill bug will be sorted out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My Idea is to make for all classes a new skill. Because when new skills come its more fun and interesting.
    For example:
    Rogue: For rogue a skill which she make invisible for a little time (like 15-30 seconds)
    Warrior: For warrior its good when he have a skill with that he get double armor and double damage for 30 seconds
    Sorcerer: For sorcerer its good when he have a skill with that he get 25% damage,15% shield,10% damage reduction and 5%health and mana regeneration

Killersultan
    (Sorry i am not good in english.maybe i write error)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    How about creating a 5th skill slot and reducing mana costs so it doesn't cripple rogues?
    Ya I'm getting tired of using 50 bajillion potions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by briantheboss31 View Post
    Ya I'm getting tired of using 50 bajillion potions!
    Play as a mage then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Okatare View Post
    Play as a mage then
    Yeah, because as a mage, you won't even need potions when you get one-shot, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

It may not be that easy in terms of logistics and animation but as a gamer who loves the sword/shield warrior weapons it would be awesome to see a skill associated with using the shield as an offensive weapon (like a push back or stun with dmg). I think we could see more of the awesome sword/shield weapons being used by warriors if there could be some sort of skill and damage associated with using the combo weapon. It's tough to design around, though, again given the added animations needed and the idea that the skill would not be usable whenever a sword/shield weapon is not equipped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

sounds interesting...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Hmmn, how would this affect us at 10+? Im guessing new skill system is only for lvl 41?
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Class evolution would be cool ...something like full support mage or att mage,range rog or male rog,full def war or hybrid war skill

Sent from my GT-B5330 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

How's this for an idea.....

Add 2 more skills for each class, so that there are now 10 skills to chose from. Then allow each player to choose 5 skills. But you CANNOT choose 6+ skills and then alternate between them based on situation. You are stuck with those 5 skills until you respec. Then the rest of the points go into passives.

Also, I suggest adding one more upgrade point to each skill and to each passive, so that max is 6/6 for each skill and each passive.

Increasing the number of total skills for each class to 10 and allowing each player to choose 5 skills will allow for more specialized skills. I'll give some examples of how this could be changed for sorcerers.... Instead of Gale Force also being used as the "speed" skill, we could have a separate "dash" skill that has various upgrades like "dash further", "charged dash increases dodge by 50%", etc. Then Gale Force could simply be a wind only skill that inflicts damage and knocks enemies down. I'm sure there are plenty more skills that can be added for all classes without duplicating other skills. Remember in Pocket Legends we had 12 skills for each class.

The idea here would be that each skill is more specific and only serves one purpose. An example of this would be HOR -- currently it both shields and heals. Separate that into 2 skills, but make the individual parts of that more powerful with more upgrades. Let's make our toons more powerful, but more specialized. Let's force everyone to make those tough choices. Do you want to be a more offensive oriented fighter, or do you prefer to be more defensive? Do you want to be quick and mobile, or would you rather be slower but stronger? I'd like to see this sort of strategy implemented, instead of the current system where everyone just seems to be very "middle of the road".

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: