Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Or just make a great depression so that everyone who listed an item in CS at the time of the depression loses the item, and then open soup kitchens and have coupons for stuff yea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

^Lmao yeah, then start World War 3 lel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    PL needs paper money (a piece of paper ingame, that has a set amount of gold, that is set by the amount of gold someone puts into it)
    i dunno...just an idea..
    Good idea, buy a "gold token" from ellie, worth a gold cap. Would be in inventory as unable to liquidate but can be traded. Scams over gold cap solved.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2
    Sometimes I can't stop the shaking, but at least I know I'm not dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    if they wanted to close the gap a few ideas:

- a tax system where everyone get taxed a certain percentage of their items, gold each month. This would be expensive for rich players, but minor for poor players. Even stashes would be taxed;
    This idea is attacking inflation from the supply side, i.e. the supply of cash. Doing something like this would be catastrophic. The system right now is a straight reward incentive: the more you farm/sell, the more money you have. Instituting a system where the more you have, the more is taken would create a disincentive to work. After all, why farm gold/items to get more money when the more you get, the more is taken from you? Might as well just stop trying and fall down to the "allowed" level of richness that the system enforces.

- enforce a cap of $10M per trade. Players caught going over that amount will lose their item and the other player will lose that gold. This will attempt to limit items to a maximum of $10M in price, curtailing inflation a bit;
    We effectively have this in place now with the current gold cap. It's true that some people work around the system to do trades for more than $10M, but this is a small percentage of trades. Add to that the fact that it is risky (you're trusting the other party to complete a multi-step trade when they could just run away in the middle) and you have a very small number of trades above gold cap. Also, this kind of trade is not what's at issue for the wealth gap, since trades for more than $10M are by definition only happening between two already rich players.

- identify the high value items and reduce their market value if its over $10M. For example, re-release black dragon sets en mass until the market brings it to $9M. Re-release ESB, Marlins, etc. until the market lowers on them too. This will affect people who are hoarding high value items by specifically affecting the market value of those specific items. No more $16M items, or $25M black dragon pieces.
    This idea is attacking inflation from the demand side, i.e. demand for something to spend the money on. This idea would definitely work, although it would be tricky to implement in figuring out exactly how much to increase drop rates by. On the down side, it would annoy those who worked hard to farm when the items were rare, or else earn the money to buy them when they were expensive. It would also lower the overall amount of challenge to PL, since trying to get rare items it the longest-term goal currently available (aside from PvP-based goals players may have). And of course the most expensive items are discontinued ones, so increasing their drop rate means reintroducing them into the game, which is its own can of worms.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

LOL I hope everyone read the entirety of my post where i said i WASN'T endorsing those ideas, just throwing some ideas out there that might help curtail the gap between rich and poor. It's not an easy problem to solve.

As to trades over $10M, what would happen if STG banned them outright is people would simply steal your trade and you had no recourse about it. If one person reports it, then STG would take away the item and/or the gold as well. With this overarching risk, trades of $10M or more might be curtailed.

Of course, having something that rich players can burn off their money on would be an idea option. Like special Limited edition vanity pets that costs $10M gold each. All the rich players would burn off their fortunes a bit and level the playing field, so long as the poorer people accept that fact that those players will have vanity pets.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha